Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Rangers and DC tied after two at 2-2....Gabby looks like he might finally have his mojo back....two goals in two games...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Overchicken may find himself suspended for this......head hit and he left his feet....a repeat offender to boot...the Caps have been targeting the Rangers D all series...

FYI....like I said repeat offender....got 3 games just this past January (2012) for his hit on the Pens defenseman....

Ovechkin called for charging Girardi in the Rangers’ zone. Couple of problems with the play. Ovechkin left his skates to deliver a shoulder to Girardi’s head and he also completely ignored the puck at his feet in favor of giving the hit.
    http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...s_at_capitals/

Heathen
    Ovi will probably get 2-5.

Last night, PHX held NSH to a big fat goose egg and now leads 3-1.

LA can finish off STL tomorrow and its game 4 of NJ and PHI for the evening game.

Looking like a PAC v ATL finals!

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Scout Team
    Some poor officiating in game 4 Rangers vs. Caps, 2-3 missed penalties that could have been called against the Caps, a poor call for slashing against the rangers that led to the winning goal. A slashing, and interference, and a delay completely missed by the refs that would have put the rangers on the power play and then the slash they called right after missing one on Boyle and he had the puck, not sure how they missed that one

2 games apiece and back to New York we go

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    FYI....like I said repeat offender....got 3 games just this past January (2012) for his hit on the Pens defenseman....

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...s_at_capitals/
    It's Ovechkin, no way Shannahan penalizes him for this hit...c'mon it's Shannahan Capt. Inconsistent himself, and the darling of the Caps...not a chance for him to be suspended

Series is tied up 2-2.....so they don't need to win 3 straight....just two of the final three....and the next game is in MSG....I like the Rangers chances...two of the final three if it goes to seven are in MSG....

He got 3 in January...so I would say a minimum of 5 or 6....

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Ovi will probably get 2-5, but I dont know if that will be enough to get the Rangers past them.. three straight is tough against anyone.

Last night, PHX held NSH to a big fat goose egg and now leads 3-1.

LA can finish off STL tomorrow and its game 4 of NJ and PHI for the evening game.

Looking like a PAC v ATL finals!

I disagree....he got 3 in Janaury for a similar hit on Zbynek Michalek of the Pens in January....

I think he does get suspended....Shannon has no choice in my opinion....

Not to mention Girardi said in the post game intervwie on MSG that Ovi hit him in the head and the video bears it out....you can bet the Rangers are on the phone with the NHL as I write this...

When asked whether Ovechkin hit him in the head or shoulder first, an important distinction for the NHL's Department of Player Safety in regards to Rule 48.1 (which defines an "illegal check to the head"), Girardi said: "He hit me in the head first."
    http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...HL&eid=7894278

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsee View Post
    It's Ovechkin, no way Shannahan penalizes him for this hit...c'mon it's Shannahan Capt. Inconsistent himself, and the darling of the Caps...not a chance for him to be suspended

Agree and they spoke about that on the post game on MSG too....

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsee View Post
    Some poor officiating in game 4 Rangers vs. Caps, 2-3 missed penalties that could have been called against the Caps, a poor call for slashing against the rangers that led to the winning goal. A slashing, and interference, and a delay completely missed by the refs that would have put the rangers on the power play and then the slash they called right after missing one on Boyle and he had the puck, not sure how they missed that one

2 games apiece and back to New York we go

Junior Varsity
    RR, Shanny will not suspend Ovey, because Betty won't let him!

Very poor non-calls in this game! And nobody has even mentioned the trip on Cally right before the Craps winning goal!
    The Skunk Has Spoken!

I swear skunk was squeezin my buttocks !
    Skunkman's nose nailed this one.
    Never squat with yer spurs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer
    "You gotta watch the Skunkman."
    I don't want to ruin Skunk's rep, but I have to report that he is a very hospitable and generous guy, besides being a super Husker fan.

pray for me ;)
    Had to leave halfway through the 2nd and missed the loss. Oh, well. We will get them in the Garden.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Who knows what might take place. They let things go early on in the first round, then realized they had to clamp down or someone was going to get killed, now they are about ready to ease up. Just depends on their mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkman1 View Post
    RR, Shanny will not suspend Ovey, because Betty won't let him!

Very poor non-calls in this game! And nobody has even mentioned the trip on Cally right before the Craps winning goal!

Husker recruit Christian Lacouture comes from a hockey family....his dad David won a national title at Maine in 1993 and played some minor league hockey before becoming a coach and now ow owner of a minor league club....

Looks like Ovi may get off.....

Katie [email]Strang@KatieStrangESPN#NYR Multiple sources indicate that Ovechkin will not have a hearing on hit. Wouldn't blame Rangers for being upset on this one

FYI....

His hit on Dan Girardi produced divisive reactions from the two teams and scorn from Mike Milbury.

Keep in mind that these are just initial reports, but considering a) Ovechkin’s star status, b) the importance of the teams’ next match and c) the fact that Girardi kept playing, it’s not shocking that the NHL won’t suspend him (if the reports are correct). That doesn’t mean it’s the right choice, though....
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...n-girardi-hit/

Kings sweep the Blues....

Junior Varsity

So all of Washington are saying that Ovey hit his shoulder, I guess, if your shoulder grows out of your ear!!!
    The Skunk Has Spoken!

I swear skunk was squeezin my buttocks !
    Skunkman's nose nailed this one.
    Never squat with yer spurs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer
    "You gotta watch the Skunkman."
    I don't want to ruin Skunk's rep, but I have to report that he is a very hospitable and generous guy, besides being a super Husker fan.

Great game today
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ironic he got 3 games for almost the same hit in January...for launching himself into the Pens D-man's head....go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkman1 View Post

So all of Washington are saying that Ovey hit his shoulder, I guess, if your shoulder grows out of your ear!!!