Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Awesome

I agree if the Rangers face the Flyers in the next round.....6-0 against them in the regular season....

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Monds Fan View Post
    Awesome

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I agree if the Rangers face the Flyers in the next round.....6-0 against them in the regular season....
    Haha, we'll see. We have to get by the Devils and you guys have to get by the Caps first. And like I said a couple of weeks ago, 6 wins in a row just means the Flyers are due for 1 (or 4).

6-0 baby...6-0.....

Keep wishing...

Haha, we'll see. We have to get by the Devils and you guys have to get by the Caps first. And like I said a couple of weeks ago, 6 wins in a row just means the Flyers are due for 1 (or 4).

6-0 baby...6-0.....

Keep wishing...
    My reaction:

Husker Fan
    6-0 baby...6-0.....

Keep wishing...
    As everyone knows, playoff hockey is oftentimes completely different than the regular season. Not saying the Flyers would beat the Rangers, but I'd bet they don't get swept (should the matchup happen). And the Flyers are seriously playing very well now -- as good as they have all season (better than most of the season).

Husker Fan
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/

check out the sports nation poll ... the vast majority of states pick the Flyers to win the East... but one of four states than thinks it will be the Rangers is Nebraska -- very strange!

The Rangers have the best defense in the league and the best goalie....the Flyers goalie is a mess....and the defense is not much better...they will not beat New York for that if no other reason....

Seriously doing well? You can't be serious...they have given up a ton of goals in the post season this year....Bryz is a mess in goal.....the Rangers will eat them alive as they did in the regualr season.....

Bring em on....I could care less who we play....have to beat the best to win it all....thats how confident I am we win the east and make the final.....

Not surprised they the Pens they beat them 4-2 in the regular season.....usually a tell-tale sign....

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    As everyone knows, playoff hockey is oftentimes completely different than the regular season. Not saying the Flyers would beat the Rangers, but I'd bet they don't get swept (should the matchup happen). And the Flyers are seriously playing very well now -- as good as they have all season (better than most of the season).

Game is played on the ice and Philly has shown me nothing to suggest they will beat the Rangers....in fact they haven't in 2011-12...

Mediorce goalie and so-so defense....won't win it for them....makes me wonder how much these folks know about hockey....

ESPN covers hockey maybe 3 minutes a day...so I take anything they say fan vote or not with a grain of salt...the only sport they don't have their grubby claws in....

Oh and those putting money on it didn't agree when the playoffs began....Rangers at 5/1.....Flyers 12/1....send me a PM and I'll give you the link....another site Rangers 11/1 and Flyers 14/2....Rangers 21/10 to win the West and Flyers 7/1....and yet another has it Rangers 33/10 and Flyers 18/5....

http://espn.go.com/nhl/

check out the sports nation poll ... the vast majority of states pick the Flyers to win the East... but one of four states than thinks it will be the Rangers is Nebraska -- very strange!

IF Philly makes it past Jersey you will soon....

My reaction:

Another FYI....as of 27 April....

According to oddsmakers, the New York Rangers are now the favorite to win it all, as they have 7/2 odds to win

PM me for the link as we can't post betting links on the boar

Husker Fan
    Game is played on the ice and Philly has shown me nothing to suggest they will beat the Rangers....in fact they haven't in 2011-12...

Mediorce goalie and so-so defense....won't win it for them....makes me wonder how much these folks know about hockey....

ESPN covers hockey maybe 3 minutes a day...so I take anything they say fan vote or not with a grain of salt...the only sport they don't have their grubby claws in....

Oh and those putting money on it didn't agree when the playoffs began....Rangers at 5/1.....Flyers 12/1....send me a PM and I'll give you the link....another site Rangers 11/1 and Flyers 14/2....Rangers 21/10 to win the West and Flyers 7/1....and yet another has it Rangers 33/10 and Flyers 18/5....
    It's not an ESPN story -- it's hockey fans voting in an ESPN poll. Plenty of people watch hockey and ESPN -- even though they aren't mutually inclusive. And again, it's just for fun. I didn't post it as some sort of fact. Actually, the only reason I posted it was because somehow there's Rangers fans voting in NY, VT, CT, and Nebraska... just thought that was strange and funny. Again, it's otherwise just a "for fun" poll.

I know where betting sites are. I used to be a sports gambler. Anyhow, oddsmakers set the lines initially before there's any money involved -- how have those lines moved?

And again, when did I say the Flyers would beat the Rangers in a playoff series? I just said I highly doubt the Rangers would sweep them. Are you disagreeing and saying with strong confidence that the Rangers would win in four? Granted, we may never see this series happen.

And no worries -- I'm far from confident in my teams. Nebraska as my home state, Philadelphia as my home for the past 12 years. I think the majority of my teams from both places either suck or underachive. I still support 'em, but I have a good grasp of reality.

Hockey fans and ESPN....there is the problem to begin with....ESPN does not have hockey so we are lucky if they show 3 minutes a day on the sport...

I think the Rangers will beat Philly if they play....

It's not an ESPN story -- it's hockey fans voting in an ESPN poll. Plenty of people watch hockey and ESPN -- even though they aren't mutually inclusive. And again, it's just for fun. I didn't post it as some sort of fact. Actually, the only reason I posted it was because somehow there's Rangers fans voting in NY, VT, CT, and Nebraska... just thought that was strange and funny. Again, it's otherwise just a "for fun" poll.

I know where betting sites are. I used to be a sports gambler. Anyhow, oddsmakers set the lines initially before there's any money involved -- how have those lines moved?

And again, when did I say the Flyers would beat the Rangers in a playoff series? I just said I highly doubt the Rangers would sweep them. Are you disagreeing and saying with strong confidence that the Rangers would win in four? Granted, we may never see this series happen.

And no worries -- I'm far from confident in my teams. Nebraska as my home state, Philadelphia as my home for the past 12 years. I think the majority of my teams from both places either suck or underachive. I still support 'em, but I have a good grasp of reality.

Starter
    And meanwhile, Phoenix just keeps chugging along

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Thats called football...I dont tune in on saturdays to see their grades
    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Husker Fan
    Hockey fans and ESPN....there is the problem to begin with....ESPN does not have hockey so we are lucky if they show 3 minutes a day on the sport...

I think the Rangers will beat Philly if they play....

I watch hockey, and I watch ESPN. Yes, I know they are separate entities to some extent (they do have highlights of all the games and Barry Melrose still does in-studio analysis). I'm probably not alone in watching both hockey and watching ESPN. Probably not even in the minority. Most hockey fans I know (plenty of 'em here in Philly) are fans of other sports as well.

And I agree. The Rangers would likely beat Philly if they played. Not a sweep, but they'd win the series.