Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs!

I have to disagree...this whole series has been dirty and its the only way Philly was gonna win it.....it won't work after round one....

And Philly fans chanting 'you can't be us'....they need to me more original than that....that is what the Rangers fans chanted at them the last two times they lost in New York....

I've never liked the Flyers because of this sort fo stuff...

Enjoy it now Philly because it will end soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by uncertainbyprinciple View Post
    You're right, but I think the Penguins played a dirtier game than the Flyers did in this one. Very little of the ugliness here was instigated by Philadelphia.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Red Shirt
    Cambridge Ontario Canada And Wintering in Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Refs have lost control of this game....ugly....

Reminds me of the Pens-Islanders fiasco last season....man that one was totally ugly....

The NHL has got to be cringing from this exhibition....
    I don't know about cringing, know what you are talking about, but, this stuff seems to sell to some. Me, I like the hard hitting end to end action without the zebra interferance unless blatant.
    Maybe an actual suspension during the playoffs would curb some of the dumb stuff. Fines won't do it!!
    I've got a fever, and the prescription is more cowbell

Oh I know, but this time of year they are trying to sell the game to the causal fan and this was not a good advert for it in my opinion....

Nope fines are a waste of time and to suspend a guy like Asham does no good either....

As for Sid he needs to stop chirping and trying to be tough....learn from 99...on and they need to go and get him a Dave Semenko to protect him and the other stars...

Quote Originally Posted by Husker North View Post
    I don't know about cringing, know what you are talking about, but, this stuff seems to sell to some. Me, I like the hard hitting end to end action without the zebra interferance unless blatant.
    Maybe an actual suspension during the playoffs would curb some of the dumb stuff. Fines won't do it!!

Call Kenny Loggins
    Yeah, the Flyers are and always have been bullies. But the final penalty minute tally came to Pit 89 - Phi 59. The Penguins also picked up 4 misconducts (Letang, Engelland, Adams, Neal) and a match penalty (Asham), versus 2 misconducts for the Flyers (Timonen and Simmonds). Hartnell may have gotten a misconduct too, but ESPN doesn't list it, and that still would only be 3.

I think that the Penguins played a dirtier game.
    Its all part of the process

The referees have been terrible in the playoffs. CBC had Bruce Boudreau as a guest analyst today and he said the referees are calling a completely different game. A few penalties whether they are soft or not will soon set the tone and the players will play within the rules or be down a few PP goals.

From the start all of the series have just been nuts. I still haven't seen the Weber incident but a fine is ridiculous based on the description. I love fast hard hitting hockey but call the crap. The players are just like kids they'll do whatever you let them get away with.

The referees in the playoffs have dropped the ball.

Missed the early part of the game but the refs should have sent Neal out of the game for his hit on Couturier and then the other crap might not have happened.

4 misconducts (Letang, Engelland, Adams, Neal) and a match penalty (Asham), versus 2 misconducts for the Flyers (Timonen and Simmonds). Hartnell may have gotten a misconduct too, but ESPN doesn't list it, and that still would only be 3.

I think that the Penguins played a dirtier game.[/QUOTE]

Call Kenny Loggins
    Quote Originally Posted by NS Husker View Post
    Missed the early part of the game but the refs should have sent Neal out of the game for his hit on Couturier and then the other crap might not have happened.
    Yeah, that might have kept the third period cleaner.
    Its all part of the process

Red Shirt
    Cambridge Ontario Canada And Wintering in Arizona
    The referees have been terrible in the playoffs. CBC had Bruce Boudreau as a guest analyst today and he said the referees are calling a completely different game. A few penalties whether they are soft or not will soon set the tone and the players will play within the rules or be down a few PP goals.

From the start all of the series have just been nuts. I still haven't seen the Weber incident but a fine is ridiculous based on the description. I love fast hard hitting hockey but call the crap. The players are just like kids they'll do whatever you let them get away with.

Bang on. Team's and players will adjust to playoff penalty calls by ref's, and the deeper they go, less called. Dirt will prevail later on in the playoff's. Happen's every year.
    I've got a fever, and the prescription is more cowbell

Well Hageland got a tree game suspension for his hit on Alfie....you don't hit guys like Alfie to begin with....but it was a cheap hit and I'm a long time Ranger fan....he deserved what he got....

I agree....

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by uncertainbyprinciple View Post
    You're right, but I think the Penguins played a dirtier game than the Flyers did in this one. Very little of the ugliness here was instigated by Philadelphia.
    Exactly. The Flyers mentally own the Penguins -- and they turn Pittsburgh into cheap shot, immature fools on ice. It was darn entertaining to watch Crosby looking so mentally weak... man, did he ever crumble!

Sort of like the Rangers do with Philly.....

I'm not a huge fan of Crosby the person...arogent and cocky but Philly would kill to have him on their team....guy is a great player....

Actually I think he was the one guy who didn't crumble....stayed tough to the end....

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    Exactly. The Flyers mentally own the Penguins -- and they turn Pittsburgh into cheap shot, immature fools on ice. It was darn entertaining to watch Crosby looking so mentally weak... man, did he ever crumble!

Some talk on the Kings local broadcast of the game with the Cannucks tonight about discpline in the playoffs....felt the grind guys or non-stars get the suspensions and guys like Weber get off....Detroit not happy about it.....think the NHL may have a problem if they keep doing it....

I saw his pounding Zetterbeergs head into the glass and frankly don't know how he only got away with a fine....pretty nasty stuff....

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Some talk on the Kings local broadcast of the game with the Cannucks tonight about discpline in the playoffs....felt the grind guys or non-stars get the suspensions and guys like Weber get off....Detroit not happy about it.....think the NHL may have a problem if they keep doing it....

I saw his pounding Zetterbeergs head into the glass and frankly don't know how he only got away with a fine....pretty nasty stuff....
    Carl Hagelin got a 3 games suspension for the Rangers for his hit on Alfredsson.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Yeah I know I posted it earlier....

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Carl Hagelin got a 3 games suspension for the Rangers for his hit on Alfredsson.