Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Break up the Orioles!

Husker Immortal

Break up the Orioles!

Let's stop the season after two games. Orioles are 2-0 and the Red Sox and Yankees are 0-2. Went to Camden Yards tonight to see the Orioles beat Minnesota 8-2. Nick Markakis has two homeruns in two games, with 4 RBI and is 5 for 7 from the plate. It's early, but he has been a very tough out.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

funny....I ordered a stadium tour ticket today for July 24 of Oriole Park

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    funny....I ordered a stadium tour ticket today for July 24 of Oriole Park

Hard to believe but opening day was the 20th anniversary of the opening of Oriole Park at Camden Yards
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

I heard them say that yesterday the place still looks modern....is it easy to get to? I will be taking a quick train trip from DC

6th year Redshirt
    my Twins are going to lose 120 games this season. Just bloody awful.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    I heard them say that yesterday the place still looks modern....is it easy to get to? I will be taking a quick train trip from DC
    Assuming you're on the right train, it will dump you off right in front of the stadium.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by McJack View Post
    my Twins are going to lose 120 games this season. Just bloody awful.
    They are horrible. It's amazing how quickly things turned in just a couple of years. The Twins have a poor starting rotation, a questionable closer, and pathetic bats for the most part.

Maybe the Royals can finish 2nd in the AL Central.

Husker Immortal
    I'm just happy with the sweep and happier that the Yankees and Red Sox are winless.

towel boy
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    Maybe the Royals can finish 2nd in the AL Central.
    Hard to get the hopes up on the Royals as they have been known to light things up early before crashing down hard after a month or two. It has been nice to see the youngest team in the majors only have one bad inning in the three game opening series with the PooHoles Angles. Hosmer got his second one over the wall today and is off to a great start. We just need to get Alex back on track and we could ride this train a while.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    They are horrible. It's amazing how quickly things turned in just a couple of years. The Twins have a poor starting rotation, a questionable closer, and pathetic bats for the most part.Maybe the Royals can finish 2nd in the AL Central.
    Detroit looks very strong. They are the prohibitive favorites in the Central for sure. They will just plain out score you. Hard to believe what they did to the Red Sox pitching staff.

Husker Immortal
    A month into the season and the Orioles at 18-9 are tied for the second best record in MLB. They are 9-5 against the AL East and are playing better than they have for ten years. Heck, the Orioles haven't even been 5 games over .500 since 2005. I'm a realist and understand the fade may just take longer this year, but the big turnaround appears to be with the pitching staff. The starters are consistently getting through the 6th or 7th innings and the bullpen is leading the Majors in ERA. Believe me, this is shocking if you have watched Orioles games this past decade where you need to score 6 or 7 runs to even stand a chance. Time will tell, but its been a fun start so far.

Husker Immortal
    What a wild win for the sweep in Boston. First Orioles sweep in Boston since 1994. Game went 17 innings. Orioles 1B Chris Davis pitched 2 scoreless innings for the win as Boston used LF McDonald who gave a 3 run homer in the top of the 17th. After a 13 inning game Friday night. the bullpens were totally depleted. Orioles move into 1st place with a 19-9 record.

Husker Immortal
    Chris Davis is the first AL non-pitcher to earn victory since '68

First baseman Chris Davis struck out five times, grounded into a double play and then tossed two scoreless innings of relief after Baltimore ran out of pitchers, picking up the win as the Orioles beat Boston 9-6 on Sunday in 17 innings.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/gametra...120506_BAL@BOS

Message Board Wizard
    My wife and I took in a game at Oriole Park last week. What a beautiful ballpark. The staff is as nice as any I've seen. Great time. O's beat the A's. Saw the Oriole pitcher take a ball in his jewels in a comebacker. First time I've seen that. the game was stopped for 5-10 minutes while he got himself together. Chen is his name. pitched a good game.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by izzycohen View Post
    My wife and I took in a game at Oriole Park last week. What a beautiful ballpark. The staff is as nice as any I've seen. Great time. O's beat the A's. Saw the Oriole pitcher take a ball in his jewels in a comebacker. First time I've seen that. the game was stopped for 5-10 minutes while he got himself together. Chen is his name. pitched a good game.
    Glad you enjoyed yourselves. That was the only game the Orioles lost in that series. Chen really did get racked.