Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Deverell Biggs (Omaha Central / Seward County C. C.)

Deverell Biggs (Omaha Central / Seward County C. C.)

Deverell Biggs

How big of a get would this be for us? Is it a bigger get because of his talent or because it opens up that pipeline to Omaha Central?

"New Husker coach Tim Miles made an exception and offered junior college point guard Deverell Biggs"

http://rivals.yahoo.com/stjohns/bask...26#latest_news

Deverell Biggs is selected to 1st Team NJCAA All-Region Vl Team and is also named the top player in the Jayhawk West.

http://www.kscbnews.net/news/?nk=10707

Travel Squad

Posted this in another thread.....but this puts us a major player for Akoy Agau, who just got done taking an unofficial visit to Florida and has Wichita as his favorite right now. Couple this offer with the chances to get Thurman, a junior-to-be that will have more high caliber offers than Akoy in the end, this is a great call by Tim Miles. Though, I am admittedly biased.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    Posted this in another thread.....but this puts us a major player for Akoy Agau, who just got done taking an unofficial visit to Florida and has Wichita as his favorite right now. Couple this offer with the chances to get Thurman, a junior-to-be that will have more high caliber offers than Akoy in the end, this is a great call by Tim Miles. Though, I am admittedly biased.
    I don't mean to poke you in the eye but Wichita is not likely his favorite right now.

I can see him being skeptical over the Huskers right now but how can you look at Wichita State over Oklahoma State?

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedDog View Post
    I can see him being skeptical over the Huskers right now but how can you look at Wichita State over Oklahoma State?

Wichita St. doesn't stand a chance.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDog View Post
    Deverell Biggs

How big of a get would this be for us? Is it a bigger get because of his talent or because it opens up that pipeline to Omaha Central?

"New Husker coach Tim Miles made an exception and offered junior college point guard Deverell Biggs"

http://rivals.yahoo.com/stjohns/bask...26#latest_news

It's a little bit of both. Deverell was an extremely talented kid coming out of Central High. Getting a kid who can "create" on offense just as good as anyone is always a big get for a program, especially a program whom has a lack of players who has that natural quality. D. Biggs has always wanted to play at home, (Creighton or Nebraska) but due to his academic situation he had to go the JUCO route. Antoine Young of Creighton was a teammate of his. But this offer is also great for the Omaha Central Pipeline. My red flag that I had with Doc was the fact that here you have a HS whom has played in the state championship what, 8 years in a row and has won 6 of them, yet not one player from any of those teams were even offered a schollie? My hat comes off for the new coach for understanding that you have to win the "locker room" and also address the talent at home before traveling out to the other markets. Doc dropped the ball on a few talented players whom actually had interest in coming to Lincoln. Another couple of kids I'm thinking of is Avery Langford & C.J. Carter of Omaha Benson. Both grew up playing together and had dreams of together in college. I believe C.J. is at UNO. Not sure where Avery went.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    It's a little bit of both. Deverell was an extremely talented kid coming out of Central High. Getting a kid who can "create" on offense just as good as anyone is always a big get for a program, especially a program whom has a lack of players who has that natural quality. D. Biggs has always wanted to play at home, (Creighton or Nebraska) but due to his academic situation he had to go the JUCO route. Antoine Young of Creighton was a teammate of his. But this offer is also great for the Omaha Central Pipeline. My red flag that I had with Doc was the fact that here you have a HS whom has played in the state championship what, 8 years in a row and has won 6 of them, yet not one player from any of those teams were even offered a schollie? My hat comes off for the new coach for understanding that you have to win the "locker room" and also address the talent at home before traveling out to the other markets. Doc dropped the ball on a few talented players whom actually had interest in coming to Lincoln. Another couple of kids I'm thinking of is Avery Langford & C.J. Carter of Omaha Benson. Both grew up playing together and had dreams of together in college. I believe C.J. is at UNO. Not sure where Avery went.
    langford is playing for Midland in Omaha. Are you saying he is Big 10 level talent?

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    langford is playing for Midland in Omaha. Are you saying he is Big 10 level talent?
    C.J. definitely has the athletic ability to play in the B1G. Not sure on Langford as I haven't watched him play as much as C.J. & Deverell. I know Avery's father was a "sniper" on the court back in the day. It seemed he never missed. Omaha isn't the hot bed of the big cities, but there is a lot of talent there that never leaves the city boundaries.
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    I don't mean to poke you in the eye but Wichita is not likely his favorite right now.
    No worries...he won't end up there, but if he had to choose before Biggs ends(ed) up at Nebraska, it would have been Wichita. So whoever your source is that is telling you different is wrong...

He did take an unofficial to Florida that he liked...but his girlfriend is here so we will see...

Travel Squad

Wichita St. doesn't stand a chance.
    Again, if he had to pull the trigger a week ago that is who he would have signed with....so incorrect statement

Husker Fan

Again, if he had to pull the trigger a week ago that is who he would have signed with....so incorrect statement
    I simply don't believe it. No offense to you and your "source". I've heard others say that he's CU's to lose...which I also don't believe. Others have said he's all over the board. Others have said he doesn't plan to give any hint anytime soon.

The "let's go jays, I'm with ya!" tweet during the bama game would lead me to believe he's pulling the leg of anyone who has been convinced he's "leaning" to Wichita State.

Regardless, he's going to end up in a BCS conference. If NU plays their cards right he's their's to lose (assuming UCONN never offers). Of course, that's just MY guess.

The whole biggs thing is a little odd though. Unless Biggs redshirts they'd only play together one year...and I wouldn't expect Agau to play a ton as a frosh.

Take everything with a grain of salt right now.

Varsity
    I'm not sure he would have chosen them but they are in the picture. Many forget that he and CU has shown a mutual interest and they are literally 1 block away from each other. He, Biggs, and Josh Jones (forgive me I said Antoine Young a few posts up) all are good friends. Josh & Deverell were teammates. They played against Antoine Young. Both Young and Jones talked with Biggs about possibly coming back to Omaha to play.

But I agree, I believe he would have went to Wichita over a trip to Lincoln a week or two ago.

Husker Immortal
    arguing about basketball on a husker blog - this is encouraging...

Travel Squad

I simply don't believe it. No offense to you and your "source". I've heard others say that he's CU's to lose...which I also don't believe. Others have said he's all over the board. Others have said he doesn't plan to give any hint anytime soon.

The "let's go jays, I'm with ya!" tweet during the bama game would lead me to believe he's pulling the leg of anyone who has been convinced he's "leaning" to Wichita State.

Regardless, he's going to end up in a BCS conference. If NU plays their cards right he's their's to lose (assuming UCONN never offers). Of course, that's just MY guess.

The whole biggs thing is a little odd though. Unless Biggs redshirts they'd only play together one year...and I wouldn't expect Agau to play a ton as a frosh.

Take everything with a grain of salt right now.
    He was not pulling anyone's leg with the Wichita lean....

Creighton isn't even recruiting him that hard....so he is definetely not theirs to lose. If they want him they have major ground to make up....

Travel Squad

Things just got a little interesting....I can't reveal too much but Deverell has some people in his ear to take another visit before committing to the Huskers.

I hope he does what he wants and sticks with HIS best interest...

Husker Fan

Creighton isn't even recruiting him that hard....so he is definetely not theirs to lose. If they want him they have major ground to make up....
    I didn't say he was their's to lose...I'm saying there are varrying "opinions" from people who say they know someone who knows. I do know he sat with other recruits at quite a few CU games. IF they aren't recruiting him hard I'd imagine it's probably because he may have already told them he has no interest in the Valley.

Varsity

Things just got a little interesting....I can't reveal too much but Deverell has some people in his ear to take another visit before committing to the Huskers.

I hope he does what he wants and sticks with HIS best interest...

Obviously you're more familiar with the young man than many on the board. I hope things work out for Nebraska and for him no matter what his final decision.

Sip's local radio program had him on Friday afternoon. They just finally posted the podcast this afternoon, dated this afternoon.

I'm not sure if individual podcasts can be copied from this site which has most of their podcasts, but it's listed on the Drive dated 4-9-2012 in the link below.

Definitely sounds good for NU in this interview, but Josh Harvey has commented that he thinks Biggs may play up to the audience he's talking to at the time. I don't know him, but would love to see him in the scarlet and cream.

Definitely worth a listen.

http://theticketfm.com/index.php/podcasts

Further down on the same page is an interview with Craig Bohl talking about our coach and what he had to go through at ND State. Good stuff in that link too. I believe it's dated 3-29-2012.
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."