Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Rose Bowl or Bust?

Scout Team

Rose Bowl or Bust?

ESPN's Adam Rittenberg interviewed Superman Rex recently. Interestingly, I noticed that in our indoor practice facility, there is a Rose Bowl logo plastered on the wall.

If you look closely under the logo, there appear to be two years listed. I'm guessing this is to signify the two times the Huskers have appeared in the Rose Bowl (and lost ). But I've never noticed any Rose-affiliated markings or signage around the UNL campus. Is this another way to motivate players to get to the Rose? Since we aren't tied to the Orange or Fiesta, is Nebraska trying to more heavily hype the Rose?

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/47521/video-nebraska-rb-rex-burkhead-3

Also, on the subject of the Rose Bowl, I thought I'd point out that Nebraska has been to as many or more Rose Bowls as Minnesota, Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah.

32 USC
    20 Michigan
    14 Washington and Ohio State
    12 Stanford and UCLA
    8 Cal and Wisconsin
    6 Oregon
    5 Illinois and Iowa
    4 Michigan State and Washington State
    3 Penn State and Oregon State
    2 Nebraska, Minnesota, Northwestern, Arizona State, Purdue
    1 Indiana

Doesn't the B1G champ get the automatic bid for the Rose Bowl??? Kinda makes sense that we would be targeting the it don't ya think?

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by redtildead95 View Post
    Doesn't the B1G champ get the automatic bid for the Rose Bowl??? Kinda makes sense that we would be targeting the it don't ya think?
    Unless you are in the BCS Champinship game.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    ESPN's Adam Rittenberg interviewed Superman Rex recently. Interestingly, I noticed that in our indoor practice facility, there is a Rose Bowl logo plastered on the wall.

If you look closely under the logo, there appear to be two years listed. I'm guessing this is to signify the two times the Huskers have appeared in the Rose Bowl (and lost ). But I've never noticed any Rose-affiliated markings or signage around the UNL campus. Is this another way to motivate players to get to the Rose? Since we aren't tied to the Orange or Fiesta, is Nebraska trying to more heavily hype the Rose?

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/47521/video-nebraska-rb-rex-burkhead-3

Also, on the subject of the Rose Bowl, I thought I'd point out that Nebraska has been to as many or more Rose Bowls as Minnesota, Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah.

32 USC
    20 Michigan
    14 Washington and Ohio State
    12 Stanford and UCLA
    8 Cal and Wisconsin
    6 Oregon
    5 Illinois and Iowa
    4 Michigan State and Washington State
    3 Penn State and Oregon State
    2 Nebraska, Minnesota, Northwestern, Arizona State, Purdue
    1 Indiana
    I was in the practice facility last saturday. All the major bowl logos and the years we played in them are listed on the pillars on the west side like this. I noticed the Fiesta Bowl one's too.

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc:900285
    Quote Originally Posted by redtildead95 View Post
    Unless you are in the BCS Champinship game.

Good point Doc!!

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Mayor View Post
    I was in the practice facility last saturday. All the major bowl logos and the years we played in them are listed on the pillars on the west side like this. I noticed the Fiesta Bowl one's too.
    That explains it, then. We've got a long bowl history, so I was figuring the Rose logo was part of that. But part of me wondered if the NU brass was trying to create buzz for the RB.

Husker Fan
    Do we really want to compare ourselves to the dregs of the Big Ten?!