Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the president "Warn" the Supreme Court?

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    The ignorance and arrogance of a sitting president criticizing the SCOTUS at his state of the Union address. Questioning a decision is one thing, trying to somehow embarrass them in public is another.
    What does that have to do with the post I asked about?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    CM,
    This looks so much like what you were posting it is scary:

http://news.yahoo.com/whose-heroes-o...182233400.html
    If my answers frighten you, then you should stop asking scary questions.
    - Jules.

Whats wrong with a person invoking an overall good president? Fact is, Reagan would be too liberal for a segment of conservatives today. And that's sad. And scary.

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    If my answers frighten you, then you should stop asking scary questions.
    - Jules.
    It was a reference to where I think you view yourself on the political spectrum.

Whats wrong with a person invoking an overall good president? Fact is, Reagan would be too liberal for a segment of conservatives today. And that's sad. And scary.
    I don't agree with Reagan being too liberal for todays Conservatives, it is nothing more than trying to shift your position along the political spectrum to try to appeal to as many voters as possible.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

It was a reference to where I think you view yourself on the political spectrum.

I don't agree with Reagan being too liberal for todays Conservatives, it is nothing more than trying to shift your position along the political spectrum to try to appeal to as many voters as possible.
    Most Americans, and Reagan and the people he surrounded himself with, are progressive, if even out of self-interest.

We have an enormous capacity to generate wealth in this country, and it accelerates each year. It is economically sound and common sense to pull the resources for funding national activities from where that capital pools.

It's not politics. It's truth. Reagan's economic views would be too progressive by today's ultra-conservative standard, as elucidated by the Limbaughs, Becks, of the world. And his social views wouldn't align well with Santorum's camp, either.

The Walking Red

Things about Reagan were too liberal for a segment of conservatives when he was President.

It's really a nice little campaign thing, but this whole "the Republican party is extreme and wouldn't elect Ronald Regan" is quite ridiculous, but entertaining to watch.

That extreme Republican party, nominating a Morman former Governor of Mass as their Rep ... No way they would have nominated Regan!

So laughable.

Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    Quote Originally Posted by nems View Post
    It's really a nice little campaign thing, but this whole "the Republican party is extreme and wouldn't elect Ronald Regan" is quite ridiculous, but entertaining to watch.
    Not mention the fact that it's a dem talking point. I'm starting to worry about my good friend cm. He thinks he's driving in a straight line, but if he looked down he'd see that the steering wheel is cranked pretty hard to the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Sonny once again proving that he is the biggest piece of ******** on Huskermax. Congrats on earning this title, sir.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+leaves+office

Oh my!
    Things about Reagan were too liberal for a segment of conservatives when he was President.

That extreme Republican party, nominating a Morman former Governor of Mass as their Rep ... No way they would have nominated Regan!

So laughable.
    It is interesting how there is a push to make this an election about class warfare, particularly a push from a wealthy president who went to both Columbia University and Harvard Law School. It is as bad as the arguement that 8 percent unemployment is the new normal and we shouldn't think that level of unemployment is bad.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

So laughable.
    If you look back, I said a "significant (?)" segment of conservatives. That "?" was meant to show that I don't know how big that group is, but it is certainly vocal.

And you know the Romney nomination hasn't been embraced by a lot of conservatives. I read an article the other day making the point that Palin would have won the nomination if she ran this year. This was a positive article about her, not a negative one about republicans.

I don't care too much about Palin (I think she's at time unfairly attacked), but the notion that she's a better person for President of the US is absurd.

Yet she would have likely beaten Romney.

It is interesting how there is a push to make this an election about class warfare, particularly a push from a wealthy president who went to both Columbia University and Harvard Law School. It is as bad as the arguement that 8 percent unemployment is the new normal and we shouldn't think that level of unemployment is bad.
    Who has argued that 8% unemployment is ok or "the new normal"? Paul krugman, the liberal economist standard bearer, does nothing but harp on bringing unemployment down by any means necessary. Of course he blames conservatives for keeping the numbers up, not the president's policies.

Oh my!
    Who has argued that 8% unemployment is ok or "the new normal"? Paul krugman, the liberal economist standard bearer, does nothing but harp on bringing unemployment down by any means necessary. Of course he blames conservatives for keeping the numbers up, not the president's policies.
    My post has nothing to do with what Paul Krugman states.

My post has nothing to do with what Paul Krugman states.
    Actually it does. Both regard unemployment.

Now, who is saying that high unemployment should be accepted as the new norm?

Oh my!
    Actually it does. Both regard unemployment.

Now, who is saying that high unemployment should be accepted as the new norm?
    No it doesn't, it is all about this administration trying to make this election an election of class warfare (note the invoking of Reagan) because they have screwed the pooch on unemployment and the economy. Try again

Travel Squad
    It is really difficult to debate against circular logic, CM. Anything WE say is wrong. Anything THEY say is right.

Regardless of topic, substance, or level of hypocrisy. Very similar to the national debate right now, actually.
    "OK. Appreciate the info." Bo Pelini

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    It is really difficult to debate against circular logic, CM. Anything WE say is wrong. Anything THEY say is right.

Regardless of topic, substance, or level of hypocrisy. Very similar to the national debate right now, actually.
    It sounds like you guys are having a real break through here! With this type of progress we might be able to send you out a membership card and your own pair of tighie righties to wear.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

No it doesn't, it is all about this administration trying to make this election an election of class warfare (note the invoking of Reagan) because they have screwed the pooch on unemployment and the economy. Try again
    I'll take this response to mean that no one has claimed that high unemployment is the new norm that should be accepted.