Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the president "Warn" the Supreme Court?

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    Looks like you are now an official member of the club, cm.
    I was just thinking the same thing. CM is one of a few self proclaimed "right-leaning moderates" that go out of their way to defend Obama.

As long as we're invoking Ronald Reagan, I wonder what he would say about Republicans attacking other Republicans here.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    More to the arguement that 8 percent is the new norm...
    If you think 24 straight months of job growth is screwing the pooch I'd hate to hear what you accused republicans of doing in 2007 and 2008......

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    So, you're against job growth? ...or just while a Dem is in the White House?
    Another point to the 8 percent as the new norm...
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Ayyy!
    How are 24 straight months of private-sector job growth "screwing the pooch"?

Class warfare is an interesting talking point Frank Luntz came up with for you guys to demonize the Dem's attempt to return tax rates back to Clinton levels -- when the country was running a surplus and had debt elimination in its sights.
    Who is Frank Luntz? Another shadowy figure that's as powerful as the almighty Grover Norquist?

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing. CM is one of a few self proclaimed "right-leaning moderates" that go out of their way to defend Obama.

As long as we're invoking Ronald Reagan, I wonder what he would say about Republicans attacking other Republicans here.
    Reagan has more in common with Obama than he would with many republicans on this board.

God of Huskermax

Who is Frank Luntz? Another shadowy figure that's as powerful as the almighty Grover Norquist?
    Is your google broken?

Ayyy!
    Reagan raised taxes 11 times. The GOP patron saint of taxation, Grover Norquist, alone would have disallowed his reelection.
    Oops, I should have kept reading. Looks like they probably ARE in cahoots!

Any other boogeymen we should be aware of? Other than the dastardly Koch brothers, of course...

Where is "RP the Moderate" with a boogeyman cat picture?

God of Huskermax

You don't have a counterpoint to the consistent job growth do you?

Travel Squad
    You've learned well, Grasshopper. Just like Luntz says, it doesn't matter if it makes sense, just keep repeating it!
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

God of Huskermax

Oops, I should have kept reading. Looks like they probably ARE in cahoots!

Any other boogeymen we should be aware of? Other than the dastardly Koch brothers, of course...

Where is "RP the Moderate" with a boogeyman cat picture?
    Grover Norquist would qualify as boogeyman territory. Unfortunately I'm on the iPad and can't post that pic.

Ayyy!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Reagan has more in common with Obama than he would with many republicans on this board.
    No, he really doesn't. In fact, I think it's pathetic that you (and others) continue to attempt to redefine Reagan's legacy in lame attempt to prop up your puppet of a president. Not surprised, though. It's pretty much all you have left.

Ayyy!
    You don't have a counterpoint to the consistent job growth do you?
    It's actually been rather inconsistent. The unemployment rate would have INCREASED last month if so many people hadn't dropped out of the workforce.

Obama made a huge blunder ("screwed the pooch") by forcing his health care bill (which does nothing to improve health care) instead of focusing on the economy. The result has been a slower-than-average recovery that has failed more often than succeeded in meeting expectations.

God of Huskermax

No, he really doesn't. In fact, I think it's pathetic that you (and others) continue to attempt to redefine Reagan's legacy in lame attempt to prop up your puppet of a president. Not surprised, though. It's pretty much all you have left.
    It's pathetic that you are too blind to see it. Reagan raised taxes, worked with democrats and spent like a mad man. Not to mention sold arms to our enemies and negotiated with terrorists.

Oh my!
    If you think 24 straight months of job growth is screwing the pooch I'd hate to hear what you accused republicans of doing in 2007 and 2008......
    Lets see, we should be more focused on class warfare then economy and jobs, and yes 8 percent is the new norm, you should apply to the club.

I challenge you to show me the highest unemployment rate in the time period of 2007 and 2008, I am betting it was under 8%.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

God of Huskermax

It's actually been rather inconsistent. The unemployment rate would have INCREASED last month if so many people hadn't dropped out of the workforce.
    it's been very consistent. It's gone up. 24 months in a row.

Obama made a huge blunder ("screwed the pooch") by forcing his health care bill (which does nothing to improve health care) instead of focusing on the economy. The result has been a slower-than-average recovery that has failed more often than succeeded in meeting expectations.
    Obama will never meet the expectations of Republicans. He has done an adequate job on the economy. Certainly better than the guys you've voted for in the past.

Ayyy!
    It's pathetic that you are too blind to see it. Reagan raised taxes, worked with democrats and spent like a mad man. Not to mention sold arms to our enemies and negotiated with terrorists.
    Your back must hurt from all of that twisting and spinning.

Rebel Alliance
    I remember President Reagan and President Obama is no President Reagan...not even close.
    “Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing himself.” - Leo Tolstoy

Oh my!

Yessir!!!

God of Huskermax

Lets see, we should be more focused on class warfare then economy and jobs, and yes 8 percent is the new norm, you should apply to the club.

I challenge you to show me the highest unemployment rate in the time period of 2007 and 2008, I am betting it was under 8%.
    I challenge you to show me 24 straight months of job growth in the time period of 2007 and 2008, I'm betting that's impossible.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    I remember President Reagan and President Obama is no President Reagan...not even close.
    They are two peas in a pod.