Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Huskers to wear Futuristic uni next year

God I admire you.
    Quote Originally Posted by joncarl View Post
    Throw back yes, throw forward no.
    What do you have against hover cleats?
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    What do you have against hover cleats?
    And the forward pass?

Sitting just quietly under the cork tree, smelling the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    We need to do it in a game in which we are likely to win otherwise the uniforms will be blamed for the loss much like the all-whites were by some.
    As a corollary to that, it also kind of makes us look stupid if we pick a big game for radically different uniforms and then lose - like we thought fancy gear was going to make a difference. (Think the Puffs.)

My vote is for candy apple black (apologies to Bob Mould) with corn kernel-patterned yellow stripes and the gold corn helmet. Kinda like this:

Will be interested to see what they look like, but please don't just make them a clone of Texas Tech's uniforms but with an N instead of the TT.

I know the "traditionalist" will be having a panic attack over new unis but personally I don't care as long as they aren't stupid looking like some of Oregon's or Maryland's. Sadly today's top recruits are more attracted to cool new unis than tradition and history. Keep it decent looking and lets go whip some a$$es in them!

Scout Team
    Let's see if I have this down now. Wanting something creative and not played out makes you a grumpy "traditionalist" (love how the labels are finally coming out) and wanting a look that would make Northern Illinios fans blush with pride makes you "open minded". Up is down fail means winning.......welcome to the twilight zone. It's too bad we aren't in the Big12 and have TTech fans around to unscientifically poll: How do you feel about the Husker black helmet look: a) honored b) angry c) I have no opinion on the debate cause they are so 2000 late.

Who knew kids could only have fun if they have unis that's been done already? Here I thought they would like some uniqueness and creativity, but at least photoshopping an N on a TTech uni is easy. Iowa State now has a tunnel walk and rolled out their USC unis years ago, they were copycatting before copycatting became cool. As grumpy as I am told I am being a "traditionalist" (allegedly) I am having a great time with this thread and can't wait for the season to start to see what other ideas other programs come up with for us to copy in the future.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Husker View Post
    I know the "traditionalist" will be having a panic attack over new unis but personally I don't care as long as they aren't stupid looking like some of Oregon's or Maryland's. Sadly today's top recruits are more attracted to cool new unis than tradition and history. Keep it decent looking and lets go whip some a$$es in them!
    That must be Hoke's issue with trying to keep up with Purdue and Iowa in recruiting. We've known for years that Bama and LSU will never catch Vandy unil they go with black. So as a traditionalist (allegedly) I am not supposed to care cause it's just one game yet the uni for just one game I'm not supposed to care about is what will bring in the big time recruits?

All American
    I'm glad that Osborne is going through with the alternate uniform for a day.

Good choice, Dr. Tom!
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    RED LETTERS! See, even RP is on the grumpy traditionalist (allegedly) bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    And the forward pass?
    the way our qb attempts this I would be all for banning it all together

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMacHusker View Post
    Let's see if I have this down now. Wanting something creative and not played out makes you a grumpy "traditionalist" (love how the labels are finally coming out) and wanting a look that would make Northern Illinios fans blush with pride makes you "open minded". Up is down fail means winning.......welcome to the twilight zone. It's too bad we aren't in the Big12 and have TTech fans around to unscientifically poll: How do you feel about the Husker black helmet look: a) honored b) angry c) I have no opinion on the debate cause they are so 2000 late.

Who knew kids could only have fun if they have unis that's been done already? Here I thought they would like some uniqueness and creativity, but at least photoshopping an N on a TTech uni is easy. Iowa State now has a tunnel walk and rolled out their USC unis years ago, they were copycatting before copycatting became cool. As grumpy as I am told I am being a "traditionalist" (allegedly) I am having a great time with this thread and can't wait for the season to start to see what other ideas other programs come up with for us to copy in the future.
    Not sure if Minnesota beat ISU to the punch on copying USC's uniforms otr not, but they might deserve the inital credit. Surprisingly, Iowa may have been the first uniform thief back when they stole the Steelers unies. Or. maybe Wisco, when they stole ours.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Not sure if Minnesota beat ISU to the punch on copying USC's uniforms otr not, but they might deserve the inital credit. Surprisingly, Iowa may have been the first uniform thief back when they stole the Steelers unies. Or. maybe Wisco, when they stole ours.

Omaha Nighthawks stole their design from the Miami Sharks........ (That Willie Beamen was a hell of a qb)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

Starter
    Obviously, we need to get more creative if we want our uniforms to attract 5-star recruits.

Helmut:
    I'm thinking red helmut, with a HUGE "N," accented in black, that is placed directly on top of the helmut, not on the sides like these other boring programs. On the sides, perhaps white flames or lightning bolts accented in black....all topped off with a multi-colored facemask (black, red and white).

Home Tops:
    Red, of course...with white "stripes" made up of a series of white "N's" encircling the sleeves. The neckline and waistline could be bordered by a similar series of black "N's".

Home Pants:
    White, bordered by the black "N's" and with a vertical side stripe of black "N's."

For road unies, wear the same helmut...but, invert the color scheme for the tops and pants.

If THAT doesn't land us a half dozen 5-stars, we'll need to resort to something even crazier the next year.

Sitting just quietly under the cork tree, smelling the flowers
    Obviously, we need to get more creative if we want our uniforms to attract 5-star recruits.

Helmut:
    I'm thinking red helmut, with a HUGE "N," accented in black, that is placed directly on top of the helmut, not on the sides like these other boring programs. On the sides, perhaps white flames or lightning bolts accented in black....all topped off with a multi-colored facemask (black, red and white).

Home Tops:
    Red, of course...with white "stripes" made up of a series of white "N's" encircling the sleeves. The neckline and waistline could be bordered by a similar series of black "N's".

Home Pants:
    White, bordered by the black "N's" and with a vertical side stripe of black "N's."

For road unies, wear the same helmut...but, invert the color scheme for the tops and pants.

If THAT doesn't land us a half dozen 5-stars, we'll need to resort to something even crazier the next year.
    Helmut Kohl approves of those unies!

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesBFree View Post
    Helmut Kohl approves of those unies!

This is a pretty creative post but I think TO went out on a limb to even refer to the new uni's as futuristic. As I envisioned Greatest Fan's new uni's it is more hallucination than futuristic. This proposal does establish of the far end of the extremes but I don't think anyone is going to beat Maryland!

Red Shirt
    It can go terribly wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post

http://youtu.be/QpygJkPXQX0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    New respect for HRD...classic scene from a classic.

SuperFan
    Copying USC's unis? How so? I did hate the fact that they copied USC's maroon, though.
    SKI-U-MAH!

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post

I actually think these are an improvement for Mizzou.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan