Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GO CARDS!!!!!!

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    So JR Smith pays for his brothers college at Louisville so they can have an extra scholarship & everyone's okay with it?

No different than a rich parent paying for their sons education....there was a guy here at Washington State about 2 years ago whose family was extremely well off and his Senior year they paid his tuition so they could open up a schollie
    Just because I rock doesn't mean I am made of stone

All Legend
    immoral....absolutely immoral
    how so?

its having another player on the roster that should be on scholarship and isnt

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by unmartin View Post
    No different than a rich parent paying for their sons education....there was a guy here at Washington State about 2 years ago whose family was extremely well off and his Senior year they paid his tuition so they could open up a schollie
    There was a possibility that McDermott was going to pay Doug's tuition next year as they were going to be 1 over...but a JUCO bailed on the committment. Suppose it's still possible if they find someone they really want.

All Legend
    It is what it is...the family can afford to pay his way...why shouldn't a University take advantage of that? That is smart business...I get a 2 for 1...gravy

You would think a school that wins as much as Kentucky does wouldnt have to act like they were from West Virginia

http://kykernel.com/2012/03/31/peppe...-street-crowd/

All Legend
    You would think a school that wins as much as Kentucky does wouldnt have to act like they were from West Virginia

In state rival...but nonetheless...these type of celebrations make me laugh...people acting as if there is no way people can see what I am doing right now....lol

Varsity
    Isn't that like having a player walk on when there are no more scholarships available?

I guess but its a gray line for sure....why didnt Duke have Austin Rivers and Seth Curry just walk on then?....it just was surprising to hear thats all

Husker Fan

amazing... especially considering it wasn't even for the national championship. gives people a good reason to root for kansas.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    amazing... especially considering it wasn't even for the national championship. gives people a good reason to root for kansas.
    Now you are getting an idea of why I root so hard against them. Some of the fans are so terribly arrogant and dismissive of every other school. The hate factor of some of their fans is terrible. They hate UofL, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas pretty much anybody who has won a national title and has beaten then in the process. My wife has a lot of UofL things in her office and the mere existence of Uofl let alone someone who cheers for them is enough to send them into frenzied angered fits. It is nauseating.