Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with Zimmerman's Father

Antediluvian Abrasiveness

Interview with Zimmerman's Father

(This may have been posted in one of the other threads, but I didn't see it)

Obviously Robert Zimmerman is a big fat liar, just like his son.

Link doesn't seem to want to work, but I read a little bit of summary elsewhere...Dad wasn't there, so his second-hand opinions on the matter are both provided by a guy who doesn't want to go to jail and are heavily informed by a father's desire to protect his son, i.e. I would imagine his opinions and heresay are fairly useless.

Not sure if the player from the Orlando news site is working for everyone. If not, click on the link below the player in my post above.

Link not working for me.

As a former judge, I imagine his description of the events is very deliberate. As a hearsay witness and parent, I imagine his description is not without significant bias.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    Link not working for me.

As a former judge, I imagine his description of the events is very deliberate. As a hearsay witness and parent, I imagine his description is not without significant bias.
    i provided a link in a thread last night, too lazy to go find it but its there somewhere

UPDATED VIDEO IN OPENING POST.

All American
    We had a poster on this board claiming he was a judge in Florida and that he possibly had some influence on this case (and previous charges against Zimmerman years ago). Is there any documentation of him being a Florida judge?
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    (This may have been posted in one of the other threads, but I didn't see it)

Obviously Robert Zimmerman is a big fat liar, just like his son.

EXCLUSIVE: Robert Zimmerman interview: MyFoxORLANDO.com

the video in the other thread show without a doubt that the son is not big and fat

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    We had a poster on this board claiming he was a judge in Florida and that he possibly had some influence on this case (and previous charges against Zimmerman years ago). Is there any documentation of him being a Florida judge?
    Really? I've only seen him identified as a retired Virginia Magistrate Judge. Who was it that was making that claim? I'd like to get some more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    Link doesn't seem to want to work, but I read a little bit of summary elsewhere...Dad wasn't there, so his second-hand opinions on the matter are both provided by a guy who doesn't want to go to jail and are heavily informed by a father's desire to protect his son, i.e. I would imagine his opinions and heresay are fairly useless.
    Watched it, doesn't change my opinion much from this.

All American
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    Really? I've only seen him identified as a retired Virginia Magistrate Judge. Who was it that was making that claim? I'd like to get some more info.
    Seal seemed to have the belief that Zimmerman was a Florida judge with some influence that could have affected this case.

The only documentation I've seen of him being a judge in Florida was from some "rollingout.com" website, that had a line saying he was a judge in Orange County.

The best I've come up with is that he was a retired Virginian judge leaving in Orange County, FL.

I doubt a retired judge from Virginia is going to have much influence in Florida.

All American
    Watched it, doesn't change my opinion much from this.
    Yeah, I don't get swayed either way after hearing his father talk.

Would be nice to hear more from witnesses.

Much like Martin's parents or Martin's girlfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    Seal seemed to have the belief that Zimmerman was a Florida judge with some influence that could have affected this case.

The only documentation I've seen of him being a judge in Florida was from some "rollingout.com" website, that had a line saying he was a judge in Orange County.

The best I've come up with is that he was a retired Virginian judge leaving in Orange County, FL.

I doubt a retired judge from Virginia is going to have much influence in Florida.
    Nope, retired judges don't have influence at all. No, phone calls between magistrates and prosecutor friends have no potential for influence at all.

I had a cousin who was a hell raiser in his teens...had a mother who was a deputy sheriff and father who was an attorney with the County. Lets just say his record is clean despite it all...and his most significant offense happened almost 200 miles from his home. But, even amongst county prosecutors the circles are pretty small.

And, it's not like his dad was hesitant to intervene as seen here. Knowing the right people to contact and the right things to say are critical at a time like this. A retired judge is a retired judge along with the influence that comes with it. There's a reason Zimmerman had to throw his father's position in to his Seminole County Sheriff application.

Would explain why his story sounds so contrived as to force it into fitting the Stand your ground defense.