Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: BTN sits down with Tim Beck to Discuss Taylor's improvements

BTN sits down with Tim Beck to Discuss Taylor's improvements

Hearing the media claiming that Martinez looked improved as a thrower was one thing, having the offensive coordinator sit down and show you using actual practice film from spring practice is another... Tim's analysis of #3 will give any Husker fan a reason to smile. It is also a nice glimpse into NU's spring practice.

http://btn.com/2012/03/27/preview-ti...ews-game-film/

Red Shirt
    Great post! That was a great view of Taylor & the changes he has made. He had some zip on that last throw. I hope he continues to improve to where he doesn't think about it; it becomes natural. Ginardo sounded very impressed. I said it before, I think this is the year we put it all together! GBR

Founding Father
    Thanks for posting this Lava, a nice film on Taylor's progression, here's hoping for success in his future. BBR

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerGene View Post
    Great post! That was a great view of Taylor & the changes he has made. He had some zip on that last throw. I hope he continues to improve to where he doesn't think about it; it becomes natural. Ginardo sounded very impressed. I said it before, I think this is the year we put it all together! GBR

If Taylor can become a consistent passing threat, our offense will be VERY good... I'm definitely optimistic and I cannot wait to see what the spring game has to offer...

Scout Team
    That was good. Thanks, Lavaman.

Let's hope we see game film with the same improvements.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    Most Martinez detractors wouldn't acknowledge it if he does - a la leadership and decision making last year over his freshman year. They don't look at the decrease in turnovers, the game management improvement, the interaction with his team mates, the coaches and players opinions, etc, etc, etc.... They point to bad decisions made and use it to prove there was "nothing on film" to indicate improvement (even though 99% of them wouldn't know how to analyze film if they had it available).
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - A. Lincoln

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir W. Churchill

Spend 50% of your time taking care of your business and 50% leaving everyone else's alone.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post

+1 That's what I would be most excited for. Conference game film preferably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

Varsity
    Just watched the clip.... I must say he does look much better than the previous seasons. I look forward to seeing if what he's learning becomes muscle memory or if it's just a technique he does in practice only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Most Martinez detractors wouldn't acknowledge it if he does - a la leadership and decision making last year over his freshman year. They don't look at the decrease in turnovers, the game management improvement, the interaction with his team mates, the coaches and players opinions, etc, etc, etc.... They point to bad decisions made and use it to prove there was "nothing on film" to indicate improvement (even though 99% of them wouldn't know how to analyze film if they had it available).
    Along these lines, it's important to note they apparently aren't working on his throwing motion. A good thing IMO. Reconstructing the throwing motion would take longer than he has left at NU.

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerGene View Post
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    +1 and +1000000 to the bolded section