Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More and more coming out about Trayvon

Hybrid View

More and more coming out about Trayvon

Seems the media is releasing more about him and his troubled past. His family is none too pleased.

Oh and Zimmerman? Registered dem. After Obamas treatment of this I wonder if he can count on Zimmermann's vote in November.

Fox News is emboldened and atwitter, no doubt.

Blackshirt
    Despite all of this, there is still a dead kid and that is still a tragedy.

However, the media initially stoked some pretty major flames and sales of the "jump to conclusions mat" skyrocketed.

The stories about Zimmerman being beaten and that story backed by eye witnesses is troubling but armed neighborhood watch volunteers is equally disturbing. Are our communities so bad that this is what we have resorted to?
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post

However, the media initially stoked some pretty major flames and sales of the "jump to conclusions mat" skyrocketed.

The stories about Zimmerman being beaten and that story backed by eye witnesses is troubling but armed neighborhood watch volunteers is equally disturbing. Are our communities so bad that this is what we have resorted to?
    Good post oga.

Agree.

This was a 100% avoidable tragedy. Not making judgments about Zimmerman or the kid. The kid's dead. Zimmerman has to live with that.

All American
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Agree.

This was a 100% avoidable tragedy.
    Definitely.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

God of Huskermax

Again, I would ask readers to see who has started these types of threads and what their "narratives" appear to be. They are as bad as Sharpton.

Believe Lakewood refers to them, as "race pimps".

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Again, I would ask readers to see who has started these types of threads and what their "narratives" appear to be. They are as bad as Sharpton.

Believe Lakewood refers to them, as "race pimps".
    Sharpton, Jackson are race pimps which is strong language for me because I much prefer civility and harmony. I want the press to be fair, like I said before this could of have been framed as a gun control issue,could of been framed as a botched investigation, instead it was reported as a white man guns down a 17 year old black child carrying skittles. Hell, when I first read the story I was convinced of this guys guilt, until I read alternative media reports. Now I don't know I will await more information, but will get my information from outlets that I trust which often is not the MSM.

Regarding my only thread started on this case: White Hispanic. That has grown into a national debate from the New York Times to the LA Times to O'Reilly to CNN. I am glad to be part of a growing debate on the media and its usage of its power to drive hate and derision. Make no apologies there.

I do hope we can get away from the victim to some degree. I do believe it is relevant to bring up his recent past to see if he was on a quick downward spiral, but only in that context.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood Husker View Post
    Sharpton, Jackson are race pimps which is strong language for me because I much prefer civility and harmony. I want the press to be fair, like I said before this could of have been framed as a gun control issue,could of been framed as a botched investigation, instead it was reported as a white man guns down a 17 year old black child carrying skittles. Hell, when I first read the story I was convinced of this guys guilt, until I read alternative media reports. Now I don't know I will await more information, but will get my information from outlets that I trust which often is not the MSM.
    I understand you want us to believe this is all about the MSM. But your singular focus on the racial aspect of it tells us another story.

Regarding my only thread started on this case: White Hispanic. That has grown into a national debate from the New York Times to the LA Times to O'Reilly to CNN. I am glad to be part of a growing debate on the media and its usage of its power to drive hate and derision. Make no apologies there.
    You do realize that is almost exactly what Sharpton, Jackson and the NBPP would say....right? "we just want this to be fair. We are proud to work with -insert media outlets and journalists here- to be part of a growing debate on hate and derision and the continued unfairness directed at minorities."

I do hope we can get away from the victim to some degree. I do believe it is relevant to bring up his recent past to see if he was on a quick downward spiral, but only in that context.
    See here is where you had a chance to be fair, but chose not to be. And you contradicted yourself, thus showing your true agenda again. "Let's get away from the victim....so we can focus on the victims past to see just how bad of a kid he was!". No mention of continuing to dig up Zimmermans past to see if he was some sort of vigilante cop wanna be.

You are as one sided as the race pimps you speak of.

Junior Varsity
    , thus showing your true agenda again. .
    Ok , what is my true agenda ?, lets hear it.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood Husker View Post
    Ok , what is my true agenda ?, lets hear it.
    I've stated it already. You are the bizarro Al Sharpton. Your agenda and his agenda are mirror images of each other. You both want to focus on race. You on the black kid, as evidenced by your focus on his background to the exclusion of Zimmermans. And his on Zimmerman to the exclusion of Martins.

So that no one thinks I'm "walking a line", I am 100% unequivocally not saying or implying or even thinking to myself that you are a racist.

Blackshirt
    Thanks RP. People just need to see how it plays out. We don't need Spike Lee or Fox to attemp to play judge and jury. This situation is way too volatile to screw around with.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

God of Huskermax

Thanks RP. People just need to see how it plays out. We don't need Spike Lee or Fox to attemp to play judge and jury. This situation is way too volatile to screw around with.
    I agree. It disgusts me to see both sides doing it. We have a dead kid and it would appear justice and fairness have gone out the window for many.

And no, to cut you all off at the pass, justice doesn't automatically mean I want Zimmerman arrested, tried and convicted as fast as possible.

Heisman

I agree. It disgusts me to see both sides doing it. We have a dead kid and it would appear justice and fairness have gone out the window for many.

And no, to cut you all off at the pass, justice doesn't automatically mean I want Zimmerman arrested, tried and convicted as fast as possible.
    Good post, RP. It seems that 95% of the posters at HM (and similar percentages of the media and the populace) have already decided one of two things - Zimmerman is a racist who shot an unarmed black kid with absolutely zero provocation - or Zimmerman is an innocent who was attacked by the black kid.

I'll repeat what you said for emphasis. It disgusts me to see both sides doing it.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Good post, RP. It seems that 95% of the posters at HM (and similar percentages of the media and the populace) have already decided one of two things - Zimmerman is a racist who shot an unarmed black kid with absolutely zero provocation - or Zimmerman is an innocent who was attacked by the black kid.

I'll repeat what you said for emphasis. It disgusts me to see both sides doing it.
    Save for a few instances i haven't read anyone here say Zimmerman is innocent because he was attacked by the black kid. I love how you threw in "black kid" term

What I have repeatedly said and is my stance is I don't know what happened but we need more information for this, i am inclined to believe Zimmerman overreacted to some degree and what that degree is, will come out eventually.