Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More and more coming out about Trayvon

More and more coming out about Trayvon

Seems the media is releasing more about him and his troubled past. His family is none too pleased.

Oh and Zimmerman? Registered dem. After Obamas treatment of this I wonder if he can count on Zimmermann's vote in November.

Fox News is emboldened and atwitter, no doubt.

Blackshirt
    Despite all of this, there is still a dead kid and that is still a tragedy.

However, the media initially stoked some pretty major flames and sales of the "jump to conclusions mat" skyrocketed.

The stories about Zimmerman being beaten and that story backed by eye witnesses is troubling but armed neighborhood watch volunteers is equally disturbing. Are our communities so bad that this is what we have resorted to?
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

God of Huskermax

Again, I would ask readers to see who has started these types of threads and what their "narratives" appear to be. They are as bad as Sharpton.

Believe Lakewood refers to them, as "race pimps".

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    Despite all of this, there is still a dead kid and that is still a tragedy.

However, the media initially stoked some pretty major flames and sales of the "jump to conclusions mat" skyrocketed.

The stories about Zimmerman being beaten and that story backed by eye witnesses is troubling but armed neighborhood watch volunteers is equally disturbing. Are our communities so bad that this is what we have resorted to?
    Good post oga.

Blackshirt
    Thanks RP. People just need to see how it plays out. We don't need Spike Lee or Fox to attemp to play judge and jury. This situation is way too volatile to screw around with.

God of Huskermax

Thanks RP. People just need to see how it plays out. We don't need Spike Lee or Fox to attemp to play judge and jury. This situation is way too volatile to screw around with.
    I agree. It disgusts me to see both sides doing it. We have a dead kid and it would appear justice and fairness have gone out the window for many.

And no, to cut you all off at the pass, justice doesn't automatically mean I want Zimmerman arrested, tried and convicted as fast as possible.

The stories that came out initially involved a kid who legally bought candy and soda and was stalked by a guy who's been told by 911 stop following some guy walking down the street who walked out of a convenience store several times. A guy who called 911 about a bunch of false alarms in previous months. Cell phone recordings of this kid telling his girlfriend that a car was following him, somebody just exited the car and is coming up to him. A guy who uttered a racial slur for the ages to the 911 dispatch. Oh, and a guy who is not a cop in any way, shape or fashion. Assuming these facts hold up, I don't know what kind of spin is going to admonish this (relevant? really?) Democrat. I don't care if this kid smoked some weed and talked tough on twitter, he did nothing wrong and was accosted by an armed civilian for WWB (figure it out). The hell if any of you wouldn't fight for your life if some crazy guy with a gun and no badge was trying to make some citizens' arrest. I'll gladly eat my words if we find out this kid was exiting the meth den he operated and was following Zimmerman with a loaded bag of Skittles, but I just don't see that happening.

Husker Immortal
    This is an ugly scenario with no real winners except the networks who will sensationalize it for ratings.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    This is an ugly scenario with no real winners except the networks who will sensationalize it for ratings.
    #NotWrongThotDoc

Blackshirt
    I just can't get past Zimmerman being armed and trailing this kid AND being told by 911 to NOT follow him. Neighborhood watch isn't Neighborhood Hit Squad. Let the PD take care of it if it's supposedly that serious. NW is supposed to report criminal activity, not much else.

I'll quit. I just haven't weighed in on it. I'll admit that I don't have all the facts. But what I do know just doesn't pass the smell test.

Yeah, more about Zimmerman coming out, too.

http://rollingout.com/culture/george...losed-arrests/

The senior Zimmerman we keep hearing from is a retired judge...and....
    According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a** felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.
    All three of those arrests, however, were mysteriously closed with no semblance of charges for the Florida resident. So how was someone with a violent past including that of battery against an officer able to carry a 9 mm handgun? Maybe that’s a question Robert Zimmerman should answer …

I just can't get past Zimmerman being armed and trailing this kid AND being told by 911 to NOT follow him. Neighborhood watch isn't Neighborhood Hit Squad. Let the PD take care of it if it's supposedly that serious. NW is supposed to report criminal activity, not much else.

I'll quit. I just haven't weighed in on it. I'll admit that I don't have all the facts. But what I do know just doesn't pass the smell test.
    Admittedly, I've taken the next step to coming to my own best guess on this, but I completely agree. His whole story sounds contrived..and most cops I've spoken to have said as much. Hearing that his dad is a retired judge kind of helps explain why it seems some folks were bending over backwards to accept his odd story.

All American
    LOL at the notion that his father, a retired judge, had anything to do with Zimmerman not being arrested.

So, first Zimmerman wasn't arrested only because Trayvon is black. Now, he wasn't arrested because his dad is a RETIRED judge.

You won't see many cops hanging out with lawyers and judges, if you get my drift.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Husker Immortal
    I'll admit that we don't have all the facts, but I'm more inclined to think that Zimmerman acted out of a blindly stupid wannabe cop mentality than as someone racially motivated to commit a violent act.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.