Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Season Pass: Coach Miles in action with CSU

Varsity

Season Pass: Coach Miles in action with CSU

Passed on from MTN per Bill Doleman I do believe. For those with interest.
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."

All Legend
    That's just great stuff. Thanks for posting it.

I barely know up from down in basketball, and I'm sure every new coach creates optimism. And who knows if he will be able to recruit for the Big 10, or coach well, or any of it.

BUT

I really like this guy. He's dynamic, he's positive, he doesn't take any crap, he's focused, he's funny, he's straightforward. And he's confident. I think players and recruits will respond well to him. And his experience improving weak teams, albeit at lower levels, should help him deal with the same kind of task here. I can certainly see why T.O. likes him.

I will bet he takes us to the dance, and we win at least a game, maybe more. And he's young enough it might happen a few times. He's local enough he might stay a while even if it does.

I think we're gonna have blast.

Go Big Red!
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

Husker Fan

Junior Varsity
    Inadvertent inclusion, perhaps, but why wouldn't they have talked about their conference opening opponent?

Let's hope Husker Nation can handle intensity like that shown at 2:38 -- he might be more Bo Pelini than Tom Osborne (interesting that TO keeps hiring intense guys, going all the way back to McBride, I suppose. )

His interactions with the players (pre/post game) seemed a little awkward/forced, but I'll wait to see what Coach Miles can do. Thanks for posting, fRed.
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Inadvertent inclusion, perhaps, but why wouldn't they have talked about their conference opening opponent?

Let's hope Husker Nation can handle intensity like that shown at 2:38 -- he might be more Bo Pelini than Tom Osborne (interesting that TO keeps hiring intense guys, going all the way back to McBride, I suppose. )

His interactions with the players (pre/post game) seemed a little awkward/forced, but I'll wait to see what Coach Miles can do. Thanks for posting, fRed.
    Probably seemed a bit awkward because it was being filmed for a documentary -- and no doubt they all knew the cameras were rolling. Take away the cameras (as should be the case), and I'm guessing it's a lot more natural.