Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Mike Minter Jr. rated a 3-star by Rivals & 247

Mike Minter Jr. rated a 3-star by Rivals & 247

Just an FYI....has offers from KU, Purdue and South Carolina....Husker offer will come once he meets the guidelines he was given by Bo and agreed to by his dad Mike Sr....being recruited as a DB by the Huskers....expect his rating to move up to a 4 with a strong senior season.....he is a high 3-star now FWIW....

Ht:6'1"
    Wt:180 lbs
    40:4.46 secs
    Bench Max:235
    Squat Max:450
    Shuttle:4.1
    Vertical:35 inches
    GPA:3
    Class:2013 (High School)
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Recruit
    Let's hope he takes care of business on and off the field.

Welcome back RR. Hope everything went well

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Not exactly the strongest guy for his size.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Junior Varsity

This kid is a great player, him and Banderas in Lincoln in the same year is something to be thankful for.

He will take care of his issues, if he doesn't, not getting a scholarship offer from Nebraska will be the least of his concerns. Senior's wrath is something to fear if he doesn't get the dream offer he and his dad wants due to lack of discipline.

This will work out well in the end, for Nebraska and the Minters....

It did thanks....Vicki is back as normal as possible after 5 surgeries...she looks and feels like her old self....

Awfully wet in San Diego over the last weekend as you know....

Quote Originally Posted by Husker10 View Post
    Let's hope he takes care of business on and off the field.

Welcome back RR. Hope everything went well

Yes he is a real talent....and will get that 4th star before its said and done....

Agree on the issues....and his dad is in Bo's corner and fact behind him 100%...would not be surprised if he did not propose this to Bo....

I think it works out too....don't expect an offer before the fall though....he has to show progress...

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    This kid is a great player, him and Banderas in Lincoln in the same year is something to be thankful for.

He will take care of his issues, if he doesn't, not getting a scholarship offer from Nebraska will be the least of his concerns. Senior's wrath is something to fear if he doesn't get the dream offer he and his dad wants due to lack of discipline.

This will work out well in the end, for Nebraska and the Minters....

Disagree....can press his weight and then some....when I wrestled you had to at least press your weight to even get on the mat....don't lift anymore....but I could press 200-220 and weighed around 155....

So for a DB/RB plenty strong for someone his size and weight....and some real giddy-up....4.46 fourty....

Quote Originally Posted by jikastew View Post
    Not exactly the strongest guy for his size.

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Not sure what there is to disagree about. I didn't say he was weak, just that he isn't that strong yet. That probably means nothing if he's a projected CB, but if they see him as a potential safety, it's a potential issue.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

No you said he wasn't strongest guy for his size and I disagree and still do....he is being look at as a CB....and could even be a RB with his size and speed....

A year in the weight room if he is a RS candiadate will add anything that is needed...

Not sure what there is to disagree about. I didn't say he was weak, just that he isn't that strong yet. That probably means nothing if he's a projected CB, but if they see him as a potential safety, it's a potential issue.

Recruit
    I'd say 6'1" and 180 is a pretty decent sized HS JR. He's already big/strong enough to play corner, but if he's able to add 10-15 lbs and get proportionally stronger, he could play pretty much any db position with his speed.

Yup....

Quote Originally Posted by Husker10 View Post
    I'd say 6'1" and 180 is a pretty decent sized HS JR. He's already big/strong enough to play corner, but if he's able to add 10-15 lbs and get proportionally stronger, he could play pretty much any db position with his speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Disagree....can press his weight and then some....when I wrestled you had to at least press your weight to even get on the mat....don't lift anymore....but I could press 200-220 and weighed around 155....

So for a DB/RB plenty strong for someone his size and weight....and some real giddy-up....4.46 fourty....
    I'm, obviously no expert, but wouldn't the squat be more important for an RB to equate to power in the lower body?

Nice to see you are back Reign. Glad to here your wife is doing well.

Junior Varsity
    It did thanks....Vicki is back as normal as possible after 5 surgeries...she looks and feels like her old self....
    +100
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb

Junior Varsity

In regards to the strength question....even though for a Junior I think benching 2 plates is plenty strong for a DB, I would rather take a guy that has the speed and needs to gain strength, rather than the other way around. I am much more excited about a kid that runs a 4.4 40 and benches 235 then a DB we would be after that benches 315 but runs a 4.75.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him benching 260-270 by the time he comes in to camp, which is plenty strong if he keeps the speed.

If we pull Minter in and keep the 2 verbals we have already, our DB field will look very good. I agree with RR, we will be pulling a juco in at safety for next year, we graduate our top 3.

Yup....on all....

And yes expect a JUCO safety in the mix as I have said all along....which is not a bad thing....I like the way the staff takes 2-3 JUCO guys a year for the most part and I suspect we will always be in that range....

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    In regards to the strength question....even though for a Junior I think benching 2 plates is plenty strong for a DB, I would rather take a guy that has the speed and needs to gain strength, rather than the other way around. I am much more excited about a kid that runs a 4.4 40 and benches 235 then a DB we would be after that benches 315 but runs a 4.75.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him benching 260-270 by the time he comes in to camp, which is plenty strong if he keeps the speed.

If we pull Minter in and keep the 2 verbals we have already, our DB field will look very good. I agree with RR, we will be pulling a juco in at safety for next year, we graduate our top 3.

No you said he wasn't strongest guy for his size and I disagree and still do....he is being look at as a CB....and could even be a RB with his size and speed....

A year in the weight room if he is a RS candiadate will add anything that is needed...
    Especially with our brand new crazy freakin' cool athletics laboratory.

I would love to see Mike Minter Jr wearing the scarlet and cream, and perhaps a Blackshirt?

Varsity

How tall were you. That similar to my numbers the last year I wrestled (sophomore year in HS). I was only 5'5" at the time. Crazy summer followed and I shot up 6" and switch from wrestling to BBall for the winter sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.