Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Congressional Analysts: Buffet Rule "Drop in the Bucket"

Congressional Analysts: Buffet Rule "Drop in the Bucket"

WASHINGTON – A bill designed to enact President Obama's plan for a "Buffett rule" tax on people earning more than $1 million a year would rake in just $31 billion over the next 11 years, according to an estimate by Congress' official tax analysts obtained by The Associated Press. That would be a drop in the bucket of the over $7 trillion in federal budget deficits projected during that period.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz1pgaTUFYe

But it would sure make us all feel great screwing the rich!

Oh my!
    Liberal math
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

All Big 10

Everything is a drop in the bucket.

Beyond the squishy question of fairness, does anyone really believe another, higher, marginal rate is really going to dissuade earners or slow growth in an appreciable way?

And I'm talking about a tax on individuals... Not the corporate tax rate.

God of Huskermax

We should only reduce the deficit in $500 billion dollar chunks. Or not do it at all.

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    We should only reduce the deficit in $500 billion dollar chunks. Or not do it at all.
    Yup, we should just go after the $31 billion and leave the $7T alone call it good...
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    But it would sure make us all feel great screwing the rich!
    Hey! It's their turn. The middle class and the working poor have been getting screwed for the last 10-15 years and they need a break.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.