Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama Administration Tax Payer "Investment" Ripoffs

Red Shirt

I think this thread might have an agenda!

So essentially we're throwing bumper stickers at each other without examining the details, but I guess if that's what trips your trigger then it's all good. Halliburton sux! Well, no, they've been a great engineering firm for ages and despite the whole Iraq War no-bid contract thing have done respectable things throughout their existence. Solydra sux! Yes, they were a bad investment but if you consider the overall investment in green energy companies via the stimulus package they are the exception, not the rule as far as success goes. Our investment in green energy pales in comparison to China, and when you invest in bleeding edge tech you are not going to be successful 100% of the time. Should we simply yank federal funding and watch China take over the sector? It's an important one and they are waaaay ahead of us as of today as far as government funding goes, so keep that in mind as you look to score partisan points on a BBS. Last I checked, both sides of the aisle don't want to give up ground to China, but this snarky exercise in cutting Obama down falls well short of examining the renewable energy race between current superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Cube View Post
    I think this thread might have an agenda!

Travel Squad
    Threads like these are what keep moderates from joining the boards and weighing in.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Threads like these are what keep moderates from joining the boards and weighing in.
    It might also help if we all take a field trip to a bunny cafe to calm our nerves a bit.