Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: bin Laden wanted Obama killed so an "unprepared" Biden would take over.

Administrator

bin Laden wanted Obama killed so an "unprepared" Biden would take over.

Intersting. My guess is once we leave Afghanistan they will take back over at some point.

A Washington Post columnist reported, after viewing the documents, that they showed bin Laden instructed his deputies to organize special cells in Afghanistan and Pakistan to target Obama and Petraeus.
    "The reason for concentrating on them," bin Laden explained to his top lieutenant, according to the article, "is that Obama is the head of infidelity and killing him automatically will make (Vice President Joe) Biden take over the presidency."
    "Biden is totally unprepared for that post, which will lead the U.S. into a crisis," bin Laden continued. "As for Petraeus, he is the man of the hour ... and killing him would alter the war's path" in Afghanistan.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz1pKMMAucC

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

All Big 10
    He had an amateur analysis, formed by his backround and circumstances. He doesn't understand western democracies. He is over-personalizing his nemeses, as if America were a flea-bitten third world country whose fortunes truly rose or fell based on the personalities of a few individuals. Reality is, if any top leader in America falls, one of hundreds of individuals from either party could step in to key roles with nothing like the drop of you would see in a country like Afghanistan. And there would be no war of succession, or political crisis either.

Thank God I live in a country like this. I really wish all countries could have the kind of mature political system first and second world countries enjoy. There would be fewer bin Ladens.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

Administrator
    For sure. Yet we are being criticized for trying to set up something like that in Afghanistan.>>

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)