Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Santorum is going too far now

  1. #1
    Ayyy!
    huskrthill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Posts
    39,895

    Santorum is going too far now

    http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/14/vi...th-pants-down/

    he unapologetic social conservative, currently in second place behind Mitt Romney for the GOP nomination, has promised to crack down on the distribution of pornography if elected.

    Santorum says in a statement posted to his website, “The Obama Administration has turned a blind eye to those who wish to preserve our culture from the scourge of pornography and has refused to enforce obscenity laws.”

    If elected, he promises to “vigorously” enforce laws that “prohibit distribution of hardcore (obscene) pornography on the Internet, on cable/satellite TV, on hotel/motel TV, in retail shops and through the mail or by common carrier.”
    Son. Of. A. ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    Habitual Line Crosser
    Husker Poyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    14,688
    He's been his biggest enemy this whole campaign season.



    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here


  3. #3
    What I don't understand about Santorum is that he is so tone deaf to what the country wants to talke about right now. This election will be about the economy. More importantly, the economy is the high ground if you're a Republican. Continuing to obsess about issues like this just makes him look completely out of touch. I keep having to remind myself, there's a reason why this guy was south of 5% through the entire summer. He just happened to be the last man standing when all the other Anyone But Romneys had been vetted and rejected before Iowa.

    The boring robotic but competent business manager from Massachusetts has always been the only real choice, and stuff like this just continues to affirm it. I'll be voting for Mitt on Tuesday.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  4. #4
    Ayyy!
    huskrthill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Posts
    39,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    He's been his biggest enemy this whole campaign season.
    I don't care if he doesn't like porn, but my god man... the rest of us do! Say you're against it because it exploits women or whatever, but don't say you're going to tackle the internet. The internet will win.

    At least he stands by what he believes, no matter how unpopular.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    9,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    He's been his biggest enemy this whole campaign season.
    Let's just call it the way it is: he is an extremist kook. The fact that he gets as many people to vote for him as he does in this country of ours makes me want to weep.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

    -- Samuel L. Jackson

  6. #6
    Ayyy!
    huskrthill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Posts
    39,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Let's just call it the way it is: he is an extremist kook. The fact that he gets as many people to vote for him as he does in this country of ours makes me want to weep.
    As far as extremists go, he's no Ron Paul or Barack Obama, but he does have a few positions that are questionable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    4,793
    Oh, those darn leftists over at the ACLU are going to (and have already had) a field day with that one...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reno_v....iberties_Union

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    As far as extremists go, he's no Ron Paul or Barack Obama, but he does have a few positions that are questionable.
    Good point.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  9. #9
    All Big 10
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    18,147
    Um, I may not be around huskermax for a few weeks, guys. I just remembered I have to download some stuff.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

  10. #10
    All Big 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,620
    Some rednecks in Bama are trying to figure out how they can recall their vote....

  11. #11
    All Big 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,620
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    I don't care if he doesn't like porn, but my god man... the rest of us do! Say you're against it because it exploits women or whatever, but don't say you're going to tackle the internet. The internet will win.

    At least he stands by what he believes, no matter how unpopular.
    Read the link for the ramifications:

    http://www.wired.com/science/discove.../2004/11/65772

  12. #12
    Administrator
    Huskermedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    21,786
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    What I don't understand about Santorum is that he is so tone deaf to what the country wants to talke about right now. This election will be about the economy. More importantly, the economy is the high ground if you're a Republican. Continuing to obsess about issues like this just makes him look completely out of touch. I keep having to remind myself, there's a reason why this guy was south of 5% through the entire summer. He just happened to be the last man standing when all the other Anyone But Romneys had been vetted and rejected before Iowa.

    The boring robotic but competent business manager from Massachusetts has always been the only real choice, and stuff like this just continues to affirm it. I'll be voting for Mitt on Tuesday.
    Agree other then the fact I would have liked to see Cain still in it.


    Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!



    Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)


  13. #13
    All Big 10
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    18,162
    Just a continuation of the war on women...next up will be women shoes...if elected one size fits all flats.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

  14. #14
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Just a continuation of the war on women...next up will be women shoes...if elected one size fits all flats.
    You see this free pizza thing for guys who get a vasectomy? Women exercise birth control, ridiculed in the national spotlight. Men exercise birth control, free pizza.

    The war on women continues.

  15. #15
    All Big 10
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    18,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    You see this free pizza thing for guys who get a vasectomy? Women exercise birth control, ridiculed in the national spotlight. Men exercise birth control, free pizza.

    The war on women continues.
    remember to spay and neuter your pets...
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.








Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •