Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PC take overs!!!!!!

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    ... and now, for the iPhone!

Austin has Apps for all their music events

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Blackshirt
    Here Skunk,

Kinda back on subject!

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Same reason Rolls Royce hasn't overtaken Ford in market share.
    overpriced?

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    I did a dual boot XP/ubuntu config for a while a couple years ago, but it just didn't do anything for me. I'm considering a new build this spring/summer, and maybe I'll run Linux on my old box just to play with it for a while. (that's what she said)
    I suggest you look at VMWare player. I run Windows XP, Unbuntu and a couple of other Linux flavors as Virtual OS's in VMWare Player. No dual boot and it runs seamlessly on my Win 7 machine. I just wish I had time for the projects I installed them for.
    Apparently I need to get a new sig line.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRed View Post
    Here Skunk,

Kinda back on subject!

All Big 10
    Very true. People unknowingly click on things that might look legit, only to end up with bad stuff on their machines.
    You guys just need to stop clicking on the enlargement ads. They're not legit.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    You guys just need to stop clicking on the enlargement ads. They're not legit.
    Yeah, your wife told me it didn't seem to make much difference!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All Big 10
    Yeah, your wife told me it didn't seem to make much difference!
    I was wondering who would take that set-up.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

All American
    There is a reason that there are now iMacs and other Apple products in schools now. My kids have been using iMacs in school for 7 years. I have one at home for them to do their schoolwork, and for security. We also have 3 iPod Touch's and an iPad 2. Never had any issues syncing them up at all. Even the iCal program on the iMac syncs with Google seamlessly so I can update our calendars on one machine, and distribute it to everyone. We also have a netbook that I put Ubuntu on for the kids, and no issues.

Now the laptop I am writing on, a Windows 7 based laptop, has crashed 3 times, and I have lost schoolwork. I am currently saving up for a mac laptop, for no other reason than I am tired of IBM PCs crashing, constantly needing to load updates, and the security issues involved with running Windows on my laptop. Yeah, they are more expensive, just like buying a BMW instead of a Ford. But, the maintenance is easier, the security is better, and the ease of synchronization is so much better that it is hard to keep buying Windows based computers.

Just my
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.