Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PC take overs!!!!!!

Husker Immortal Love Tool

PC take overs!!!!!!

Mods move this to cafe if you want, I just put it here since most people read here first.

Twice now in three months I have had my PC hi-jacked by a scammer that does a complete take over of all the programs!
    It then gives you a popup that says "WARNING You computer has been corrupted and the only way that you can clean it up is by sending us money! Now ain't that just Dandy!!!! Send them money to clean up a program that they put on your PC! Something should be done about these Bastages!!!! Thank heaven I have a self taught friend that knows how to hack in on the hackers and clean this junk up for me!

Thanks for letting me vent!
    The Skunk Has Spoken!

I swear skunk was squeezin my buttocks !
    Skunkman's nose nailed this one.
    Never squat with yer spurs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer
    "You gotta watch the Skunkman."
    I don't want to ruin Skunk's rep, but I have to report that he is a very hospitable and generous guy, besides being a super Husker fan.

Habitual Line Crosser
    It's easy to take care of. When you first get those messages just do a system restore to a previous restore point and it will clear it up. No sending any money to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Easy. Buy a Mac. They're 100x better than PC's. Or, do what Poyer said and do a system restore. Download Microsoft Essentials(free anti-virus). Or you can go into task manager and see which .EXE process is causing this issue and closing it. Many options, but the easiest one is to buy a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletForMyHuskers View Post
    Easy. Buy a Mac. They're 100x better than PC's. Or, do what Poyer said and do a system restore. Download Microsoft Essentials(free anti-virus). Or you can go into task manager and see which .EXE process is causing this issue and closing it. Many options, but the easiest one is to buy a Mac.
    That might be true, but that won't stop you from being vulnerable to malware. You still need to be vigilant about what you click yes on, regardless of what OS you're running.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletForMyHuskers View Post
    Mac. Ha.

The reason Macs don't run into malware issues isn't because they are better - it's because no one uses them. Why would someone bother writing malicious code that will only affect about 6-7% of computers?

I will say this... Apple fanboys are fiercely loyal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ayyy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    That might be true, but that won't stop you from being vulnerable to malware. You still need to be vigilant about what you click yes on, regardless of what OS you're running.
    Very true. People unknowingly click on things that might look legit, only to end up with bad stuff on their machines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

God of Huskermax

Macs are infinitely better machines.

Ayyy!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Macs are infinitely better machines.
    And yet they haven't been able to come close to PCs in market share. I wonder why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    And yet they haven't been able to come close to PCs in market share. I wonder why.
    Same reason Rolls Royce hasn't overtaken Ford in market share.

I keep a PC on my desktop (just built in December, it's a screamer) and roll with an iPhone and iPad. I'll give you my iDevices when you pry them from my cold, dead hands!

All Big 10
    Mac. Ha.

The reason Macs don't run into malware issues isn't because they are better - it's because no one uses them. Why would someone bother writing malicious code that will only affect about 6-7% of computers?

(I run my vast empire on Apple products. For us they are better.)

There are malware written for OS X but they never get very far because security is baked into the OS a lot better than Windows. I am not saying that it can't be done but you have to do a lot of stupid stuff to get your Mac infected. There was a new malware discovered last month with in a week Apple had a patch that defeated it...even though it was really really hard to get infected by it.

OS X is moving in the direction of iOS which means that probably in the next version each program will be running in its own sandbox (really from a security stand point they are kind of now doing that).
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

All Big 10
    PC, Mac, etc don't matter. The data is the platform that matters...
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

Ayyy!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Same reason Rolls Royce hasn't overtaken Ford in market share.
    Overpriced and not worth it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    Not true for me. Been running a Mac since 2007 -- ZERO malware. And I work in Internet Marketing, so I'm exposed quite a bit.

God of Huskermax

Overpriced and not worth it?
    Marketed and priced to those who can see the value and afford to pay for it. Ford's do a wonderful job for the commoners. When you get to a Mac, you're in a whole different league!