Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: GOP fight now Romney vs. Santorum

GOP fight now Romney vs. Santorum

The Republican presidential contest trudged into Puerto Rico Wednesday as a two-man race, with Rick Santorum nipping more aggressively at Mitt Romney's heels after again frustrating the front-runner in Southern primaries.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-14-08-58-23

Habitual Line Crosser
    If Gingrich drops out soon that will make things even MORE interesting

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Yes it would. Santorum would pick up those votes, right?

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Husker View Post
    Yes it would. Santorum would pick up those votes, right?
    I would imagine he would pick up a large majority of them. I think Newt pretty much has to drop out now after his performance in Miss/Bama yesterday.

You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Santorum needs to reach out to Gingrich and encourage him to drop out by offering him a prominent post in the administration should he win. As it stands now, Gingrich's role is much like that of Ross Perot in 1992. I would imagine that most of the Gingrich voters would lean towards Santorum should Gingrich drop out.

Poyer is right (hardest thing I've ever posted on this board). If Gingrich drops out, it would get REALLY interesting.

All Legend
    Watching Republicans choose Santorum over Romney is like watching one of those Buddhist monks set themselves on fire to protest war.
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    Watching Republicans choose Santorum over Romney is like watching one of those Buddhist monks set themselves on fire to protest war.
    I agree with 'nut. Santorum should set himself on fire.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post

Poyer is right (hardest thing I've ever posted on this board).
    Your journey to the dark side is almost complete.

Ayyy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post

Just wait until I throw you down into the reactor core, which is conveniently located in your throne room.

Naw, when the it becomes a brokered convention, THill wins on the 3rd ballot!

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Just wait until I throw you down into the reactor core, which is conveniently located in your throne room.

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by DIHRDHusker View Post
    Naw, when the it becomes a brokered convention, THill wins on the 3rd ballot!
    A brokered convention would make this REALLY interesting. Thill could go in there and take the nomination

I am not sure that Newt will drop out. He was still pontificating about "elite media" conspiracies even last night. It appears his strategy is to hope to prevail in some kind of a broker convention. Of course, lambasting the Republican establishment for months on end seems to be an odd way of pursuing that strategy. In any event, Gingrich is alot of things, but he is not stupid. It certainly appears that he despises Romney -- the ironic thing is that dropping out of the race would be by far the most effective way to stick it to Romney. It'll be interesting to see if his ego allows him to do that.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I am not sure that Newt will drop out. He was still pontificating about "elite media" conspiracies even last night. It appears his strategy is to hope to prevail in some kind of a broker convention. Of course, lambasting the Republican establishment for months on end seems to be an odd way of pursuing that strategy. In any event, Gingrich is alot of things, but he is not stupid. It certainly appears that he despises Romney -- the ironic thing is that dropping out of the race would be by far the most effective way to stick it to Romney. It'll be interesting to see if his ego allows him to do that.
    Not only that, but dropping out of the race now might be his best bet on getting to a brokered convention and securing the nomination.

Ayyy!
    A brokered convention would make this REALLY interesting. Thill could go in there and take the nomination
    Plane tickets have already been booked.

Red Shirt
    Romney did win the most delegates last night and increased his lead and most of the remaining states are where Romney is much stronger. Gingrich and Santorum have no chance in winning enough delegates. Their only hope is to prevent Romney from getting 1144 and go to a brokered convention. And the only donors they are going to get for that campaign are probably democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    Big hitter, the Lama...