Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: An Eagle Has Landed!

Recruit

An Eagle Has Landed!

A very proud papa is pleased to announce that, at about 7:00 tonight, my son Tyler successfully completed his Eagle Scout Board of Review, promoting him to the rank of Eagle Scout.

Since 2012 is the centennial of the first Eagle Scout rank being awarded, he, like all Scouts who obtain the rank of Eagle in 2012, will get a special Eagle rank patch:

eaglepatch_2012.jpg
    Lurker Extraordinaire

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by omahabull View Post
    A very proud papa is pleased to announce that, at about 7:00 tonight, my son Tyler successfully completed his Eagle Scout Board of Review, promoting him to the rank of Eagle Scout.

Since 2012 is the centennial of the first Eagle Scout rank being awarded, he, like all Scouts who obtain the rank of Eagle in 2012, will get a special Eagle rank patch:

eaglepatch_2012.jpg
    Awesomely good stuff!!!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Intellectual Patriot
    Congratulations to BabyBull and the proud Papa.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Big time accomplishment!
    nm57

Exciting. It's always good to see someone's child succeed.

Blackshirt

Congratulations to your son. I was a proud Eagle so I know how hard he worked to get it and how much it means to him.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

All Legend
    My nephew made it last year and I couldn't be prouder. Congrats to your son and you!
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

Recruit
    Very nice, a great accomplishment. I welcome him to the ranks of the Eagle Scouts. Well worth it, something to be proud of. I still remember the process and effort when I got mine. Is he Order of the Arrow also?

Sitting just quietly under the cork tree, smelling the flowers
    That is awesome! Congrats to him! (And to you for helping him through the years towards this.)

Congrats. I remember how proud (and relieved) I was when my son got his Eagle!
    I see RED people !!!

Good job to Tyler!

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityRed View Post
    Very nice, a great accomplishment. I welcome him to the ranks of the Eagle Scouts. Well worth it, something to be proud of. I still remember the process and effort when I got mine. Is he Order of the Arrow also?
    For some reason OA eluded him, he's very seriously considering continuing as a Assistant Scoutmaster (he recently turned 18 and is 'retired' now). Maybe he can get OA as an adult. He & I did do the Philmont High Adventure a couple of years back though.
    Lurker Extraordinaire

Junior Varsity
    Congratulations
    Stay true to your roots.

Recruit
    Great for him to stay active!

Starter
    Awesome job!

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Recruit
    Well, I can relax a bit now! Tyler's Eagle Court of Honor is over! The audience was great, speeches were insightful and Mom & Dad cried a bit when the pins were placed. I need to get the house back in order, the past several days have been very hectic getting ready so a lot of the house keeping was postponed. All in all a very good time!
    Lurker Extraordinaire