Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chick-Fil-A Not welcome at College campuses

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Agree.

If it was a conservative group of college students protesting Starbucks in Washington state, the conservatives on this board would be all aglow with pride and posts about how great America is.
    Conservatives don't picket things. They protest with their closed wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    I think this shows just how little you know about conservatives. Why would a conservative group waste time protesting Starbucks? Their products are overrated and overpriced, but I can't stop the Occupy-types from spending their unemployment checks there.
    LOL Awesome.

All Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    Conservatives don't picket things. They protest with their closed wallets.
    Yeah, no conservative has ever picketed a planned parenthood...

And plenty of conservatives participated in the Civil Rights movement.
    "We need education in the obvious more than investigation of the obscure."

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post

Broad brush painting again I see. Conservative HAS to mean Right wing, right?

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    This actually brings up an interesting question...does tolerance mean tolerating what one perceives as intolerance?

Tolerate perceived intolerance, and you (perhaps rightly) are accused of not standing for any principles.

Don't tolerate it and you (perhaps rightly) are accused of being a hypocrite.

Or is there another, more potentially transformative way of coming at it?

Honest question...I have no preconceived end conclusion that I'm trying to drive toward.
    Problem here is many or most "progressives" view even mainstream Christians as "intolerant". So, they have a blanket excuse for excluding Christians and the Christian voice from community involvement, education and government. Scary thing is how blatant and acceptable it has become.

All Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Broad brush painting again I see. Conservative HAS to mean Right wing, right?
    Right wingers are a subset of conservatives, no?
    "We need education in the obvious more than investigation of the obscure."

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

Starter
    Right wingers are a subset of conservatives, no?
    Um, no.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard

I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

pray for me ;)
    Um, no.
    For someone who frequently throws out the term "liberal" very liberally, its funny that you don't care for this comparison.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    For someone who frequently throws out the term "liberal" very liberally, its funny that you don't care for this comparison.
    I don't remember the last time I used "Liberal = leftwing" reference, want to point that out to me?

Difference is, I am proud for being conservative.

Life is hard

pray for me ;)
    I don't remember the last time I used "Liberal = leftwing" reference, want to point that out to me?

The point is, you seem upset when people equate right wing with conservative yet have no issue calling people who are not liberals...liberals.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    This may end up being one of the best semantics debates ever.

A square is also a rectangle. A rectangle is also a quadrilateral. But not all quadrilaterals and rectangles are squares.

But a fish is still a fish.

Travel Squad

This may end up being one of the best semantics debates ever.

A square is also a rectangle. A rectangle is also a quadrilateral. But not all quadrilaterals and rectangles are squares.

Unless it is a dolphin.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

There's only two things that smell like fish, one of them's fish.

The problem with Chik-Fil-A is that the chicken biscuit is one of the best hangover cures going but the Family Values company is closed on Sunday, thus leaving many without their medicine after a Saturday night binge.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Unless it is a dolphin.
    Right. A dolphin is not a fish. It's dinner.

Starter
    The point is, you seem upset when people equate right wing with conservative yet have no issue calling people who are not liberals...liberals.
    First off, I am not upset, but it seems to be something you think you need to push home.

Life is hard

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Luth, I'd say Lakewood nailed it, with respect to the proper answer. If Ms. Dworkoski feels that the owners of Chick-Fil-A are doing something she perceives as intolerant, I'm absolutely supportive of her right to not patronize that business, and even to lobby others who may agree with her to not patronize it. When, in this case, she goes beyond that and attempts (in direct contradiction to what the Student Senate has already stated) to have that business removed and therefore made not available to others who may support its views, or simply who enjoy its product and don't find its views significant enough to make a fuss about; that's when she strays very firmly into intolerance herself.

I may disagree with the homosexual lifestyle (although I'm not saying I do, and do have good friends who are gay) and that's certainly my right. When I attempt to banish those individuals from my neighborhood, school or workplace; then I'll submit that's when I've strayed firmly into the "intolerant" camp.
    "And those beastly man-haters, tell those chicks to shave their pits then call me! And those ************** whiny crybaby minorities, you can keep them all!" - David Spade's character from PCU

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    Klan-fil-a and Chik-fil-a are two separate, unrelated examples...
    See above.

See also Cardinals post.
    Of course, they both deal with clucks... Too damn weird for me. I think I'm in the Twilight Zone. Look at all the girly vampires with shiny skin...

Fair enough. Killing babies is certainly more of a cause to picket then, let's say, a Christian company which serves delicious sammiches. Can we agree on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Sage View Post
    There's only two things that smell like fish, one of them's fish.

The problem with Chik-Fil-A is that the chicken biscuit is one of the best hangover cures going but the Family Values company is closed on Sunday, thus leaving many without their medicine after a Saturday night binge.
    Both excellent points!

I've really tried to be a centrist on the board since I've joined, just to keep you all guessing. I suppose now is as good a time as any to declare that I am in fact a proud conservative.