Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick-Fil-A Not welcome at College campuses

Personally, I love a Chick-Fil-A sandwich and waffle fries. However, when your company supports certain groups that might be viewed as controversial, I'd assume you're prepared for possible backlash.
    nm57

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    I have only been to Chi-Fil-A once because it was right next to the hospital when my father had heart surgery. I got sick of hospital food and needed to get outside for a while. Can't remember the specific chicken sandwich that I got but I remember that it was good but not great. If I would have been impressed I certainly would have been back. My wife always has to go to Inn-N-Out when we are back in California as well. We see no reason to not go to a business just because they openly promote their religion.
    Was it the Parker hospital?

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by joestrummer View Post
    Personally, I love a Chick-Fil-A sandwich and waffle fries. However, when your company supports certain groups that might be viewed as controversial, I'd assume you're prepared for possible backlash.
    Every group is viewed as controversial by someone...
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinosker View Post
    Was it the Parker hospital?
    It was.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Every group is viewed as controversial by someone...
    Probably so, but I guess I don't remember college students picketing Subway or Wendy's or whatever, maybe they have. Free markets rule!
    nm57

pray for me ;)
    Probably so, but I guess I don't remember college students picketing Subway or Wendy's or whatever, maybe they have. Free markets rule!

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    So, the klan should be welcomed open arms in the spirit of inclusiveness?

Nothing wrong with college students exercising political power to pressure corporations when those corporations spend money lobbying against the students' belief.

Isnt that the American way?

Personally, I don't have a problem with chick fil-a, but I wonder why their shareholders think spending corporate money in that manner is good for the bottomline.
    Agree.

If it was a conservative group of college students protesting Starbucks in Washington state, the conservatives on this board would be all aglow with pride and posts about how great America is.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    OCCUPY!!!
    nm57

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Agree.

If it was a conservative group of college students protesting Starbucks in Washington state, the conservatives on this board would be all aglow with pride and posts about how great America is.
    Actually, I would find it as ridiculous as protesting Chick fil-a. Seems their time would be better spent studying.

I have no idea what Starbucks politics are, but I will not spend $4 for a cup of coffee. I prefer my coffee hot and black and drink it at my own home for about ten cents a cup. If I am travelling I will pay a buck for a good cup of coffee at WaWa or 7-11, but I will not pay four bucks for a cup of Joe.

All Legend

Personally, I don't have a problem with chick fil-a, but I wonder why their shareholders think spending corporate money in that manner is good for the bottomline.
    Privately held company so no shareholders worries
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

I think people have too much free time on their hands.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Travel Squad

PETA. "Where's the beef?"
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    So, the klan should be welcomed open arms in the spirit of inclusiveness?

Nothing wrong with college students exercising political power to pressure corporations when those corporations spend money lobbying against the students' belief.

Isnt that the American way?

Holy crap, are you seriously comparing Chik-Fil-A donating money to traditional family values organizations to the Ku Klux Klan? In the first response to the thread?

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Agree.

I think this shows just how little you know about conservatives. Why would a conservative group waste time protesting Starbucks? Their products are overrated and overpriced, but I can't stop the Occupy-types from spending their unemployment checks there.

Scout Team
    Agree.

Absurd, this conservative doesn't care a whip about one's corporate policy. Just like I watch Alec Baldwin, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, etc (name your most Hollywood leftist) movies/shows without having a fit on their politics.

If a owner of his/her company does something against my community standard guess what ? i don't go there.