Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chick-Fil-A Not welcome at College campuses

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Um, no.

um yes

Conservatism (Latin: conservare, "to preserve")[1] is a political and social philosophy that promotes the maintenance of traditional institutions and supports, at the most, minimal and gradual change in society. Some conservatives seek to preserve things as they are, emphasizing stability and continuity, while others oppose modernism and seek a return to "the way things were".[2][3] The first established use of the term in a political context was by François-René de Chateaubriand in 1819, following the French Revolution.[4] The term, historically associated with right-wing politics, has since been used to describe a wide range of views

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    um yes

Conservatism (Latin: conservare, "to preserve")[1] is a political and social philosophy that promotes the maintenance of traditional institutions and supports, at the most, minimal and gradual change in society. Some conservatives seek to preserve things as they are, emphasizing stability and continuity, while others oppose modernism and seek a return to "the way things were".[2][3] The first established use of the term in a political context was by François-René de Chateaubriand in 1819, following the French Revolution.[4] The term, historically associated with right-wing politics, has since been used to describe a wide range of views

Well hell, if Wiki says its it, it has to be true!

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

All Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    I've really tried to be a centrist on the board since I've joined, just to keep you all guessing. I suppose now is as good a time as any to declare that I am in fact a proud conservative.
    128793155367544960.jpg
    "We need education in the obvious more than investigation of the obscure."

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

Rebel Alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    um yes

That is why I am a Classical Liberal

Classical liberalism is the philosophy committed to the ideal of limited government, constitutionalism, rule of law, due process, and liberty of individuals including freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and free markets.
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

pray for me ;)
    First off, I am not upset, but it seems to be something you think you need to push home.
    Something I need to push home? Hypocrisy you mean? Yeah, its aggravating in all forms.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

pray for me ;)
    Fair enough. Killing babies is certainly more of a cause to picket then, let's say, a Christian company which serves delicious sammiches. Can we agree on that?
    Nobody likes killing babies.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

All Legend

Well hell, if Wiki says its it, it has to be true!
    I think you'd find yourself in a small group who believes that "right wingers" aren't a type of conservative.

Anyway, as I proud conservative, I'm happy that we do indeed picket.... true conservatives were among those at the forefront of the civil rights movement, if for no other reason than we recognize that racism is a idiotic economic position.

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

Heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    I think you'd find yourself in a small group who believes that "right wingers" aren't a type of conservative.
    As par, you misread what I said.. its that not all conservatives are "right-wingers", but thanks for trying

Anyway, as I proud conservative, I'm happy that we do indeed picket.... true conservatives were among those at the forefront of the civil rights movement, if for no other reason than we recognize that racism is a idiotic economic position.
    You don't need to be a true conservative to be at the forefront of civil rights, nor to even recognize its idiocy.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

All Legend

Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    Right wingers are a subset of conservatives, no?
    Um, no.
    As par, you misread what I said.. its that not all conservatives are "right-wingers", but thanks for trying
    You very clearly answered "no" when asked if you thought right wingers were a subset of conservatives.

I'll have to do more than "try" to understand what you mean when you write, because it apparently requires telepathy.

You don't need to be a true conservative to be at the forefront of civil rights, nor to even recognize its idiocy.
    No kidding. Never stated or implied anything remotely contrary to that position.

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    White Castles are square with holes in them and have a patent on them:

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post

I think I saw a pile like that at Lowe's the other day. I-beam brackets, or something...

I think I saw a pile like that at Lowe's the other day. I-beam brackets, or something...

Rebel Alliance

Man I could really go for some White Castle sliders....we just have Crystal Burgers down here and they suck.

A couple doubles would be a great breakfast this morning.
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Nobody likes killing babies.
    I like veal.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    I like veal.
    I didn't say nobody likes eating babies. Its the killing part thats tricky.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Good distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    I like veal.
    Ah damn it. So it went there...

pray for me ;)
    Ah damn it. So it went there...

All Legend

Is that from "Cooking with the Wicked Witch" on the Food Channel? I love that show.
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014