Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 186

Thread: I'll hold my nose and vote for anyone who can beat Obama!

  1. #121
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    Oh fine, here's the latest of many. I didn't want to post it as people will think I'm calling Republicans dumb too, but...you asked for it.

    http://news.yahoo.com/low-iq-conserv...180403506.html

    Key quote (from one of them crazy liberul college edumacated types): Polling data and social and political science research do show that prejudice is more common in those who hold right-wing ideals that those of other political persuasions, Nosek told LiveScience.

    You could read up on "Southern Strategy" or "Right Wing Authoritarianism and Racism" if you want to go down the rabbit hole too. Again, it's all out there with a few clicks.
    Tap out!

  2. #122
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    Makes no difference. Those who don't want to admit the truth will nitpick every piece of data, every scientific theory, to their particular angle, which is why I didn't bother putting up links before. But it's true, and at varying levels I think everyone knows it. And again, it's not that every Republican is racist. That's not the point. But the fact that a majority of racists are Republican is something the party should own. It should enthusiastically review its proud history on race relations and ask itself where it went wrong, and then it should set about fixing it. Not point out 50 or 150 year old achievements and act like that's where they are today. I know there are plenty of people on that side of the aisle out there who believe that--as I have controversially (?) noted, I am friends with a wide variety of them. They all despise the directions their party has been pulled in, and not just since the rise of the Tea Party.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    Heh, I'm guessing NAMBLA types are probably Libertarian, the less legislation the better and whatnot. And I've heard a lot more about the left wing war on Christianity than I've actually seen it anywhere.
    Harry Hay and Allen Ginsberg are icons for progressive democrats...both openly defended NAMBLA. For years the NAMBLA agenda was unabashedly linked to gay rights, hardly a bastion for libertarians. As for any perceived or actual war on Christianity, I'd feel FAR more comfortable going to work and proclaiming myself to be an atheist than to proclaim my love of and faith in Jesus Christ.

  4. #124
    pray for me ;)
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    44,480
    Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    As for any perceived or actual war on Christianity, I'd feel FAR more comfortable going to work and proclaiming myself to be an atheist than to proclaim my love of and faith in Jesus Christ.
    That wouldn't get you far here in the Denver 'burbs.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

  5. #125
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    Harry Hay and Allen Ginsberg are icons for progressive democrats...both openly defended NAMBLA. For years the NAMBLA agenda was unabashedly linked to gay rights, hardly a bastion for libertarians. As for any perceived or actual war on Christianity, I'd feel FAR more comfortable going to work and proclaiming myself to be an atheist than to proclaim my love of and faith in Jesus Christ.
    I don't know many people who would be comfortable going to their place of work and declaring anything about their faith or lack thereof, it's not really the appropriate place, is it? Ginsberg is a literary icon but I wasn't aware of his vast political child molesting cache; no idea who Harry Hay is.

  6. #126
    Oh my!
    Red_in_Blue_Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Posts
    12,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    Oh fine, here's the latest of many. I didn't want to post it as people will think I'm calling Republicans dumb too, but...you asked for it.

    http://news.yahoo.com/low-iq-conserv...180403506.html

    Key quote (from one of them crazy liberul college edumacated types): Polling data and social and political science research do show that prejudice is more common in those who hold right-wing ideals that those of other political persuasions, Nosek told LiveScience.

    You could read up on "Southern Strategy" or "Right Wing Authoritarianism and Racism" if you want to go down the rabbit hole too. Again, it's all out there with a few clicks.
    It is, according to this Democrats affiliations tend to be less educated, it is linked to low IQ:
    http://dabacon.org/pontiff/?p=539

    Right...
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

    "Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

  7. #127
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    That wouldn't get you far here in the Denver 'burbs.
    They went for Obama in '08; obviously chocked full of child molesters. Dudes are ICONS!

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Am I missing something? You decry racism and turn right around and call Obama one. Curious to see the evidence you have to support the claim that Obama is a racist.
    Ironically if/when a white politician regularly attends church services of racist reverends or gives introductions for racialist professors people tend to see that as evidence of racism. Weird.

  9. #129
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    It is, according to this Democrats affiliations tend to be less educated, it is linked to low IQ:
    http://dabacon.org/pontiff/?p=539

    Right...
    Ah, link war. I said I'd never do it again, and here we are. *Yawn* You win, the modern Republican party is not any more racist than the modern Democratic party, try not to get too much sand up your nose.

  10. #130
    Oh my!
    Red_in_Blue_Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Posts
    12,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    Ah, link war. I said I'd never do it again, and here we are. *Yawn* You win, the modern Republican party is not any more racist than the modern Democratic party, try not to get too much sand up your nose.
    Nah, something like it is as prevelant in the Dems and it is in the Pubs with the Dems having a very rich history of racism. Since you are already looking down your nose, can you tell me how much sand is in there?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

    "Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

  11. #131
    Oh my!
    Red_in_Blue_Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Posts
    12,395
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Tap out!
    Do you ever post anything of substance you have come up with on your own anymore?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

    "Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

  12. #132
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Nah, something like it is as prevelant in the Dems and it is in the Pubs with the Dems having a very rich history of racism. Since you are already looking down your nose, can you tell me how much sand is in there?
    Heh, I get why ChiTown had to lay down the law a few weeks back. Like I said, you win brother. You're right, it's a 50/50 split between parties, the facts back that up.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    I don't know many people who would be comfortable going to their place of work and declaring anything about their faith or lack thereof, it's not really the appropriate place, is it? Ginsberg is a literary icon but I wasn't aware of his vast political child molesting cache; no idea who Harry Hay is.
    Semantics...it applies to anywhere publically. Harry Hay is quite well thought of among progressives it would seem:

    http://www.progressive.org/media_1418

    A great civil-rights leader died last month. His name was Harry Hay.
    Ginsberg very openly supported NAMBLA as well. Do racist registered republicans only count if they have racist cache? The founders and supporters of NAMBLA we're progressive democrats.as I said, every political persuasion has their extremists.

  14. #134
    All American
    HuskerNCorpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    21,481
    Really, it's silly to even argue about.

    Are there more racist blacks and hispanics in the Democratic party than the Republican party?

    Are there more racist whites in the Republican party than the Democratic party?

    Who cares. We all agree that neither party represents racism. Sure, there are racists on both ends of the isle. Depending on whether you're talking about only white racists or all racists, results would probably vary.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

  15. #135
    Oh my!
    Red_in_Blue_Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Posts
    12,395
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    Really, it's silly to even argue about.

    Are there more racist blacks and hispanics in the Democratic party than the Republican party?

    Are there more racist whites in the Republican party than the Democratic party?

    Who cares. We all agree that neither party represents racism. Sure, there are racists on both ends of the isle. Depending on whether you're talking about only white racists or all racists, results would probably vary.
    +1
    You spend a lot of time keeping people calm???
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

    "Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

  16. #136
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Do you ever post anything of substance you have come up with on your own anymore?
    Better posters than you have tried that angle and failed. I dont hold out much hope for your success with it either.

    I post substantive responses to those I deem worthy of them. You rarely if ever fit in to that category. You came into this thread simply seeking my attention, and I willingly gave it to you as I know how important it is to you. I asked you what your first post had to do with the post you quoted. You answered with a question, not an answer. I made an attempt to clarify your intent, you answered with a ".".

    The discussion was going along swimmingly until you showed up focused on me instead of the subject at hand. If you had simply come in and posted your video and commented on discriminatory politics, or whatever your point was, I'm sure we could have had a nice discussion about it. It saddens me that you didn't take that approach.

    Now that all of that is out of the way..... The group McKinney and I were talking about is not Discriminatory.

  17. #137
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    Semantics...it applies to anywhere publically. Harry Hay is quite well thought of among progressives it would seem:

    http://www.progressive.org/media_1418



    Ginsberg very openly supported NAMBLA as well. Do racist registered republicans only count if they have racist cache? The founders and supporters of NAMBLA we're progressive democrats.as I said, every political persuasion has their extremists.
    There's extremists, and then there's a culture that invites a certain type.

  18. #138
    Intellectual Patriot
    Squatchsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    15,530
    Mermen and Mermaids are THE most racist mofo's I ever met. Fins down.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

    I love fan mail.

  19. #139
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,841
    Oh hey look....another substantial post from RP! Yay me.

  20. #140
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    Mermen and Mermaids are THE most racist mofo's I ever met. Fins down.
    And they smell of kelp.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •