Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 186

Thread: I'll hold my nose and vote for anyone who can beat Obama!

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Admit it you are voting for him because you hate old white guys.
    I don't think Pops hates himself, Fla.

    /ducks
    /runs
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  2. #42
    Habitual Line Crosser
    Husker Poyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    14,853
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I don't think Pops hates himself, Fla.

    /ducks
    /runs
    With a mug like his, how could he not hate himself



    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here


  3. #43
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9,977
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Which campaign was in full force in KC in 2008?
    JoCo loves rich white people.
    nm57

  4. #44
    Intellectual Patriot
    Squatchsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    15,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    With a mug like his, how could he not hate himself
    Blindness?
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

    I love fan mail.

  5. #45
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,841
    Quote Originally Posted by joestrummer View Post
    JoCo loves rich white people.
    That's obviously why I live here. THEY ALL LOVE ME!

  6. #46
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    17,622
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I don't think Pops hates himself, Fla.

    /ducks
    /runs
    Don't doubt the power of Pops!
    “Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing himself.” - Leo Tolstoy




  7. #47
    Scout Team

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Which campaign was in full force in KC in 2008?
    The "vote for your kind" campaign. I will see if I can dig up the flyers that were being handed out door to door. I didnt vote in 2008 because I was moving around so much, but some of the flyers I was handed while sitting at the intersections of stoplights were pretty interesting to say the least. Obviously it worked, and in general the Republican candidate this go around has to beat a marketing machine in Obama the guy knows how to market himself or at least he has hired the right guy to market him. I will try to scan the flyer in if i can dig it out of the boxes.

  8. #48
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Admit it you are voting for him because you hate old white guys.
    Just please don't tell my dad. He'd be crushed.

  9. #49
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,841
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    The "vote for your kind" campaign. I will see if I can dig up the flyers that were being handed out door to door. I didnt vote in 2008 because I was moving around so much, but some of the flyers I was handed while sitting at the intersections of stoplights were pretty interesting to say the least. Obviously it worked, and in general the Republican candidate this go around has to beat a marketing machine in Obama the guy knows how to market himself or at least he has hired the right guy to market him. I will try to scan the flyer in if i can dig it out of the boxes.
    Did Obama win Kansas or Missouri?

  10. #50
    Scout Team

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Did Obama win Kansas or Missouri?
    Don't remember but I know if that marketing machine was in place all over the country it got him alot of votes in areas of towns that didnt historically have high voter turnout.

  11. #51
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,841
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    Don't remember but I know if that marketing machine was in place all over the country it got him alot of votes in areas of towns that didnt historically have high voter turnout.
    He didn't win either of them.

  12. #52
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    Speaking anecdotally, I think there's plenty of racial component involved. Primary component? Probably only in the extreme cases. But I've had the opportunity to "talk politics" with some circles of Republicans both here and back in Nebraska who didn't have their guards up, and they defaulted to racial insults when discussing the President quite quickly. I consider that more of a cheap and easy refuge to head to when, like with most supposed criticisms of Obama, the facts don't really bolster your argument--not the main driver of the dislike. But yeah, you bet your sweet life it's out there. I guarantee you some Obama haters on this very board who poo-poo such a notion have popped off in anger at the President outside of this forum and made some racial cracks in the process.

  13. #53
    Oh my!
    Red_in_Blue_Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Posts
    12,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    Speaking anecdotally, I think there's plenty of racial component involved. Primary component? Probably only in the extreme cases. But I've had the opportunity to "talk politics" with some circles of Republicans both here and back in Nebraska who didn't have their guards up, and they defaulted to racial insults when discussing the President quite quickly. I consider that more of a cheap and easy refuge to head to when, like with most supposed criticisms of Obama, the facts don't really bolster your argument--not the main driver of the dislike. But yeah, you bet your sweet life it's out there. I guarantee you some Obama haters on this very board who poo-poo such a notion have popped off in anger at the President outside of this forum and made some racial cracks in the process.
    Wow,
    You are going to be a fun one; you start out with the anecdotal insinuation (passive accusation) of racism of anyone who opposes Obama with the small shot at no basis of fact for any argument they would have against him. Then finish it off with a good serving of characterization of anyone against Obama as a hater and one with anger management issues qualified by racial disparagement comments.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

    "Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

  14. #54
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    If it makes you feel any better, I have a variety of Republican friends--good, close friends with whom I disagree on a variety of political issues--who don't have a racist bone in their body and despise the fact that it enters the conversation. These people also tell me that it does enter the conversation more than they'd like when they're talking politics with fellow Republicans. It's out there, it's not 100% prevalent but to deny its existence in casual political conversation on the Right is to lie to one's self.

    You are familiar with the studies correlating racism with conservatism? The phrase "not all Republicans are racist, but most racists are Republican" holds a lot of weight and is certainly deserving of a lot of reflection among the many good Republicans who are not racist.

  15. #55
    Junior Varsity
    statman29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    5,958
    I will never vote Democrat I have nothing in common with a Democrat. Obama has been an utter disgrace as POTUS he doesn't deserve another 4 minutes let alone another 4 years.
    Sheople, n.; pl. sheo'pel

    1 People who prefer a state of comfortable unconsciousness, regardless of their race, religion,nationality, culture, language or economic status..

    2 People that are unaware of their own ignorance regarding the obvious.

  16. #56
    All Big 10
    4evrHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the Scrum & Pub
    Posts
    18,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Wow,
    You are going to be a fun one; you start out with the anecdotal insinuation (passive accusation) of racism of anyone who opposes Obama with the small shot at no basis of fact for any argument they would have against him. Then finish it off with a good serving of characterization of anyone against Obama as a hater and one with anger management issues qualified by racial disparagement comments.
    Remember this is the Cafe, speculation, rampant innuendo, and opinion have more credence than facts.
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.

  17. #57
    Scout Team

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    He didn't win either of them.
    I would venture a guess that it was alot closer than in previous elections.

    Edit: MO 53% vs 46% in 04 and 49% vs 49% in 08

  18. #58
    Red Shirt
    huskerdan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Northglenn, CO
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by statman29 View Post
    I will never vote Democrat I have nothing in common with a Democrat. Obama has been an utter disgrace as POTUS he doesn't deserve another 4 minutes let alone another 4 years.
    I am a proud and loyal American and a proud and loyal Husker fan as well.

    It is sad that we do not have that in common.
    It's hard to be humble when you're a Husker

  19. #59
    Scout Team

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I have a variety of Republican friends--good, close friends with whom I disagree on a variety of political issues--who don't have a racist bone in their body and despise the fact that it enters the conversation. These people also tell me that it does enter the conversation more than they'd like when they're talking politics with fellow Republicans. It's out there, it's not 100% prevalent but to deny its existence in casual political conversation on the Right is to lie to one's self.

    You are familiar with the studies correlating racism with conservatism? The phrase "not all Republicans are racist, but most racists are Republican" holds a lot of weight and is certainly deserving of a lot of reflection among the many good Republicans who are not racist.
    I would agree with this. I think race is a larger part today than it was in 2008, and not just white people not voting for a non-white candidate, but I think since 2008 there is a vastly growing population of minority population that will not vote for a white candidate solely because he is white. It is a growing issue for sure.

  20. #60
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    Quote Originally Posted by statman29 View Post
    I will never vote Democrat I have nothing in common with a Democrat. Obama has been an utter disgrace as POTUS he doesn't deserve another 4 minutes let alone another 4 years.
    Your feelings on gay rights are something you have in common with a Democrat or two. So there's that!




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •