Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 186

Thread: I'll hold my nose and vote for anyone who can beat Obama!

  1. #21
    [QUOTE=Warhorse;877451]
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    I think with a President Paul we would see the majority of Congress stand up to the encroachment of Executive power over the Legislative branch. I can easily imagine the response of many in congress as a President Paul pushes for what he has proposed.

    It is almost as if you have never noticed the ebb and flow of power in DC over the year between the branches of government. Not sure why you think you need to end every post directed towards me with a passive aggressive personal jab. Care to explain this strange compulsion??[/QUOTE]

    I don't think that electing Paul would automatically motivate the majority of Congress to "stand up to" or for anything, especially when he would be dealing with Dems in control of both the House and the Senate.
    It was directed at you because you asked the poster to clarify his post. Don't play a victim here...

  2. #22
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,345
    I've seen many crazy things on this board but for someone to attack Warhorse for a post is just insane. Give him a break.

  3. #23
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    16,088
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    I've seen many crazy things on this board but for someone to attack Warhorse for a post is just insane. Give him a break.
    Where did that happen?
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

  4. #24
    Starter

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,973
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    There was nothing passive aggressive about that jab And it was directed at you because you addressed me directly. If you don't want to spar don't get in the ring. And that's NOT passive-aggressive? Can you just not help yourself?


    I think if Paul was elected and he pushed for what he is proposing Congress would push back and pretty hard. He is proposing not only limiting the power of future Presidents but also Congress in very large ways. I don't see Congress rolling over for that and if he uses executive orders and cabinet appointees to start dismantling what he can from the executive side of the table. I could see Congress challenge executive orders as well as pass laws the compel departments to stay in place.

    Congress has a lot more to lose in the small government equation and will fight harder (a cross party lines) to keep their power and control.

    (if you are going to continue to do that in line red bold commenting could you please learn how to do it without messing up the formatting tags...thank you.)
    A two-for-one special--you started and ended with a passive-aggressive jab but thanks for answering my question inbetween.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  5. #25
    Starter

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,973
    [QUOTE=Big Red Rick;877566]
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post

    It was directed at you because you asked the poster to clarify his post. Don't play a victim here...
    Sure I asked him to clarify his post but also wondered why he can't help but post some passive-agressive slap at me every time he responds to my posts. So far no answer to that. You seem to want to butt into our conversation so do you have an answer?
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  6. #26
    Moderator
    redmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    6,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    A two-for-one special--you started and ended with a passive-aggressive jab but thanks for answering my question inbetween.
    And yet one more "all about me" thread-hijack is complete.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

  7. #27
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    16,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    And that's NOT passive-aggressive? Can you just not help yourself? ... A two-for-one special--you started and ended with a passive-aggressive jab but thanks for answering my question inbetween.
    Can you please explain what you mean by passive-aggressive.
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

  8. #28
    Starter

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,973
    Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    And yet one more "all about me" thread-hijack is complete.
    And yet another player piles on. Let's recap...I asked FLA4 why he thought he had constantly add snarky passive-aggressive comments when I merely asked for a legitimate clarification of a statement he made. You now make the second poster who has seen fit to jump in and add your own snarky passive-aggressive comments directed at me.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  9. #29
    Moderator
    redmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    6,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    And yet another player piles on. Let's recap...I asked FLA4 why he thought he had constantly add snarky passive-aggressive comments when I merely asked for a legitimate clarification of a statement he made. You now make the second poster who has seen fit to jump in and add your own snarky passive-aggressive comments directed at me.

    [snark] [/snark]
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

  10. #30
    Starter

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,973
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Can you please explain what you mean by passive-aggressive.
    Google it because I am going no further with this conversation as we are headed right off the cliff of one of your silly semantic battles.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  11. #31
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    16,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Google it because I am going no further with this conversation as we are headed right off the cliff of one of your silly semantic battles.
    Well I think that happened when you implied that I have a personality disorder...
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

  12. #32
    Starter

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,973
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Well I think that happened when you accused me of having a personality disorder...
    Not sure where you came up with the personality disorder silliness but you answered my question and clarified your statement so thank you and let's let it go at that.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  13. #33
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    16,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Not sure where you came up with the personality disorder silliness but you answered my question and clarified your statement so thank you and let's let it go at that.
    Google it
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

  14. #34
    SuperFan
    Formo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,696
    Page two and so far this thread is a mess.. lol

    Anyway, I vote for which ever candidate matches my views best. So far they've been mostly republicans (only voted for one presidential campaign in my life) with the occasional Libertarian/Indie thrown in the mix.

    It's simple as that. Ironically enough, everybody is black when you look at the ballots.

    SKI-U-MAH!

  15. #35
    ***YesMan***
    dkref11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    3,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    Page two and so far this thread is a mess.. lol

    Anyway, I vote for which ever candidate matches my views best. So far they've been mostly republicans (only voted for one presidential campaign in my life) with the occasional Libertarian/Indie thrown in the mix.

    It's simple as that. Ironically enough, everybody is black when you look at the ballots.







  16. #36
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    I wonder what the percentage of people voting for Obama are voting for him because he isn't an Old Rich White Guy? I know that campaign was in full force in 2008 at least in KC, and I'm sure it will come about in 2012 as well. Its no different, the race card goes both ways and yes it is an issue.

  17. #37
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,841
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    I wonder what the percentage of people voting for Obama are voting for him because he isn't an Old Rich White Guy? I know that campaign was in full force in 2008 at least in KC, and I'm sure it will come about in 2012 as well. Its no different, the race card goes both ways and yes it is an issue.
    Which campaign was in full force in KC in 2008?

  18. #38
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McKinney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I guess I don't technically fall in the anybody but Obama crowd. I would actually vote for Obama if Ron Paul were the nominee, which there is really no chance of occurring. I believe Obama's policies have been very bad for the country and have stifled the economic recovery, but I believe Ron Paul's policies, particularly the return to the gold standard, would send us into a Second Great Depression. Beyond Ron Paul, however, there is no candidate still standing who I would not vote for instead of Obama. I like President Obama as a person, I respect his intellect, but I think he has been a bad president and has not earned another four years.
    That's more or less where I'm at - although I also admit Santorum gives me a bit of heartburn too. But I think his chances are not much better than Paul's, so I haven't spent a lot of contemplating that particular "what if."

  19. #39
    Society Crazy Indeed
    Pops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    45,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    Page two and so far this thread is a mess.. lol

    Anyway, I vote for which ever candidate matches my views best. So far they've been mostly republicans (only voted for one presidential campaign in my life) with the occasional Libertarian/Indie thrown in the mix.

    It's simple as that. Ironically enough, everybody is black when you look at the ballots.
    why I'm voting Obama


    I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

  20. #40
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    16,088
    Admit it you are voting for him because you hate old white guys.
    As government gets bigger people get smaller


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •