Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: I'll hold my nose and vote for anyone who can beat Obama!

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    Hmmm? I think you only have to watch television for a few hours and see which side it's FAR more acceptable to label and make blanket statements about. I had to listen to 30 mins of bonehead coworkers printing out Obama "talking points" and practicing how to respond to republican questions...acted out with hill billy drawl and all. I kid you not, they have a tiny piece of paper with printed answers to common questions. I was even asked to "go ahead...tell us why Obama doesn't deserve another year" (yes, I'm known as the token Republican).

I could NEVER get away with that here. A woman left open an email with Obama in African garb (during last election) and was warned for being racially insensitive. The double standard is blatant as can be.
    I wasn't really talking about your office. I was referring to the board.

You should come live in Kansas, where rich white people complain about having to "actively think about where to put my trash" and then bash libruls and Odumba. Good times.

All Big 10

Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    I could NEVER get away with that here. A woman left open an email with Obama in African garb (during last election) and was warned for being racially insensitive. The double standard is blatant as can be.
    That picture was actually from 2006 (circulated by the Clinton campaign) and I'd be curious to know what else was in that email, because many of the emails with that picture also included accusations that Obama wasn't a citizen, was a muslim and studied at a madrassa. All of which were false claims, and many of which were started or encouraged by Hillary's campaign. Personally, I think using a picture like that (which can be found in the photo albums of many tourists) to associate Obama with some sort of negative image are racially insensitive. If it wasn't, why would they try to draw that connection in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    That picture was actually from 2006 (circulated by the Clinton campaign) and I'd be curious to know what else was in that email, because many of the emails with that picture also included accusations that Obama wasn't a citizen, was a muslim and studied at a madrassa. All of which were false claims, and many of which were started or encouraged by Hillary's campaign. Personally, I think using a picture like that (which can be found in the photo albums of many tourists) to associate Obama with some sort of negative image are racially insensitive. If it wasn't, why would they try to draw that connection in the first place?
    Just goes to show you that the Clinton/Obama throwdown in 2008 was every bit as mean and nasty as the current Republican primary. And just like 2008, the Republicans will be all unity and love by the convention in August.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Just goes to show you that the Clinton/Obama throwdown in 2008 was every bit as mean and nasty as the current Republican primary. And just like 2008, the Republicans will be all unity and love by the convention in August.
    Very true. Nebraska had it's first caucus that year...I remember a LOT of mudslinging during the discussion portion (almost exclusively from the Hilary camp who had some very vocal supporters)

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    I wasn't really talking about your office. I was referring to the board.

You should come live in Kansas, where rich white people complain about having to "actively think about where to put my trash" and then bash libruls and Odumba. Good times.
    If you work in government, teaching, most union jobs, entertainment industry, non-profit sector (regardless where you're at in the country)...my experience would probably apply.

Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    Don't get me wrong, it was a stupid email and a stupid message...but, it was on her own computer. And, she wasn't sharing it with others. Someone was looking over her shoulder. Contrast that with what the liberal majority can get away with saying to me, even if in jest, and there's an absolute double standard.

I could not walk around handing out anti-Obama pamphlets...seriously, a complaint would be filed immediately. Yet, I have to listen to crap about how stupid conservatives are almost every day...particularity now during a general election period.