Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll hold my nose and vote for anyone who can beat Obama!

Scout Team

I'll hold my nose and vote for anyone who can beat Obama!

We hear this a lot but don't often hear specific reasons why. I suspect because many think he is an uppity black man but just don't say it. For those of you who are willing to set aside your principles and vote for someone you don't support in order to defeat Obama, what are your reasons why?
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music!

Quote Originally Posted by Husker in Spokane View Post
    We hear this a lot but don't often hear specific reasons why. I suspect because many think he is an uppity black man but just don't say it. For those of you who are willing to set aside your principles and vote for someone you don't support in order to defeat Obama, what are your reasons why?
    With the bolded part above, you don't deserve a decent response. Geeeeeesh, the far left spews its' mantra.

Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    I suspect because many think he is an uppity black man but just don't say it.
    Disgusting.

I've seen folks vacationed for far less than this. It will be interesting to see how this is dealt with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Sonny once again proving that he is the biggest piece of ******** on Huskermax. Congrats on earning this title, sir.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+leaves+office

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by DIHRDHusker View Post
    With the bolded part above, you don't deserve a decent response. Geeeeeesh, the far left spews its' mantra.
    I agree with this. There are about a thousand reasons why someone would vote for "anyone but Obama" that have ZERO to do with his color. If it was Hillary Clinton, they would be saying "anyone but Clinton". Are there some who won't vote for him cause he's black? Sure. But I think they are a very small percentage.

Yay...more of the race issue.

It's actually pretty amusing how some on the Left just can't wrap their heads around the fact that the man is just NOT a good President in the eyes of a lot of people. It's like they have to come up with some reason other than his policies or beliefs.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

I suspect most people will vote against him the same reason people voted against Bush or against McCain on the last go around.

I worked with a guy back in 2004, his brother actually played football for NU, so no names thrown out for this one! Anyway, I asked him a similar question, why vote for Kerry instead of Bush? His answer? "ANYONE but Bush." That's all he repeated. I asked him why he liked Kerry, "ANYONE but Bush," was the answer. I asked him what he knew of Kerry, "ANYONE but BUSH," again.

So then I asked him if he would vote for Robert Byrd (d). He said "Yes, because he's not Bush." Then, to illustrate the point I said "O---, are you going to stand there, as a black man, and tell me that you would rather vote for a former Kleagle (recruiter) for the KKK than George W Bush?" He said, "Well, that one I'd have to think about."

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    I agree with this. There are about a thousand reasons why someone would vote for "anyone but Obama" that have ZERO to do with his color. If it was Hillary Clinton, they would be saying "anyone but Clinton". Are there some who won't vote for him cause he's black? Sure. But I think they are a very small percentage.
    I look at it this way. Are the percentage of Americans who would have voted for anybody but Clinton in 1996 all that different from the percentage of Americans who would vote for anybody but Obama in 2012? I doubt it. If that's the case, then it's fair to surmise then the percentage of people whose vote is predicated on President Obama's race is pretty small.

I guess I don't technically fall in the anybody but Obama crowd. I would actually vote for Obama if Ron Paul were the nominee, which there is really no chance of occurring. I believe Obama's policies have been very bad for the country and have stifled the economic recovery, but I believe Ron Paul's policies, particularly the return to the gold standard, would send us into a Second Great Depression. Beyond Ron Paul, however, there is no candidate still standing who I would not vote for instead of Obama. I like President Obama as a person, I respect his intellect, but I think he has been a bad president and has not earned another four years.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I look at it this way. Are the percentage of Americans who would have voted for anybody but Clinton in 1996 all that different from the percentage of Americans who would vote for anybody but Obama in 2012? I doubt it. If that's the case, then it's fair to surmise then the percentage of people whose vote is predicated on President Obama's race is pretty small.

I guess I don't technically fall in the anybody but Obama crowd. I would actually vote for Obama if Ron Paul were the nominee, which there is really no chance of occurring. I believe Obama's policies have been very bad for the country and have stifled the economic recovery, but I believe Ron Paul's policies, particularly the return to the gold standard, would send us into a Second Great Depression. Beyond Ron Paul, however, there is no candidate still standing who I would not vote for instead of Obama. I like President Obama as a person, I respect his intellect, but I think he has been a bad president and has not earned another four years.
    If Ron Paul was president we would see the return of a strong congress...and we might actually see a number of people flee to Canada. I would take that over a 2nd term for President Obama
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

There was a popular phrase during the first Clinton campaign; "It's the economy, stupid".

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    If Ron Paul was president we would see the return of a strong congress...and we might actually see a number of people flee to Canada. I would take that over a 2nd term for President Obama
    How would Ron Paul as president usher in "the return of a strong congress?"
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Give it some thought...I am sure you can figure it out.

pray for me ;)
    ...and we might actually see a number of people flee to Canada.
    Paul would cause people to do that? Santorum maybe.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Blackshirt

Give it some thought...I am sure you can figure it out.
    You made the statement so defend it by answering a legitimate question with a legitimate answer for once.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Obama has my vote

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

All Big 10
    You made the statement so defend it by answering a legitimate question with a legitimate answer for once.
    I think with a President Paul we would see the majority of Congress stand up to the encroachment of Executive power over the Legislative branch. I can easily imagine the response of many in congress as a President Paul pushes for what he has proposed.

It is almost as if you have never noticed the ebb and flow of power in DC over the year between the branches of government.