Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Obama strikes back at GOP critics on gas prices

Obama strikes back at GOP critics on gas prices

President Barack Obama is hitting back at Republican criticism of his energy policies and his role in controlling gasoline prices.
    Obama used his weekly radio and Internet address Saturday to underscore his administration's work to develop alternative energy sources and increase fuel efficiency.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-10-06-04-08

We need to simultaneously develop alternative sources of energy and increase gas production. What good the the Department of Energy if this isn't happening?

http://www.allamericanblogger.com/15...omises-change/

Fun video to watch. At 1:15, he (Obie) criticizes Bush and Cheney, implying they are responsible for the oil prices because of their relationships to big oil.

Then, I had to laugh at 4:30, when he stated he wants to invest $150 billion in alternative and green energy, creating 5 million new jobs. Pretty sure the thousands that WERE employed in government-stimulated green companies might have something to say about that...

Hard to contest it when it is in his own words, voice, and video.

Another fun article:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-250_162-4045969.html

""The candidates with the Washington experience - my opponents - are good people. They mean well, but they've been in Washington for a long time and even with all that experience they talk about, nothing has happened," Obama said in remarks delivered at a gas station. "This country didn't raise fuel efficiency standards for over 30 years."

The result, the Illinois senator said, is that consumers are suffering.

"So what have we got to show for all that experience?" Obama asked. "Gas that's approaching $4 a gallon."

So now, with his party in power (i.e. executive branch, and obstructive senate), what does he have to say?

03-11-2012 gas_3month.jpg

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    http://www.allamericanblogger.com/15...omises-change/

Fun video to watch. At 1:15, he (Obie) criticizes Bush and Cheney, implying they are responsible for the oil prices because of their relationships to big oil.

Then, I had to laugh at 4:30, when he stated he wants to invest $150 billion in alternative and green energy, creating 5 million new jobs. Pretty sure the thousands that WERE employed in government-stimulated green companies might have something to say about that...

Hard to contest it when it is in his own words, voice, and video.

Another fun article:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-250_162-4045969.html

""The candidates with the Washington experience - my opponents - are good people. They mean well, but they've been in Washington for a long time and even with all that experience they talk about, nothing has happened," Obama said in remarks delivered at a gas station. "This country didn't raise fuel efficiency standards for over 30 years."

The result, the Illinois senator said, is that consumers are suffering.

"So what have we got to show for all that experience?" Obama asked. "Gas that's approaching $4 a gallon."

So now, with his party in power (i.e. executive branch, and obstructive senate), what does he have to say?

03-11-2012 gas_3month.jpg
    Another example of shallowness and glibness from the guy at 1600...
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Whoa whoa whoa... NEW YORK HUSKER????

THE New York Husker?

Good to see you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa... NEW YORK HUSKER????

THE New York Husker?

Good to see you!
    I know, in pops this guy with 35K+ posts and I go and check, until about 12 hours ago his last post was about 2 years ago.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller