Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 89

Thread: Santorum, Romney both have edge over Obama

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Perhaps we don't cherry pick just one poll.

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...andidates.html
    ok

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Perhaps we don't just cherry pick one poll.

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...andidates.html
    OK! GEEZ!

  3. #18
    Oh my!
    Red_in_Blue_Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Posts
    12,861
    Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    I'll never vote for Obama. If Santorum wins the primary, I'm writing in RedPhoenix.

    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

    "Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

  4. #19
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,530
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    I think a Romney Obama race would be good for the country.
    An Obama/Santorum race would be a disaster. Huge chuck of the populations just voting either "Anyone but Obama" or "Anyone but Santorum".

  5. #20
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,799
    Quote Originally Posted by redmachine View Post
    I'll never vote for Obama. If Santorum wins the primary, I'm writing in RedPhoenix.
    Go Santorum!

  6. #21
    God of Huskermax

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    58,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crawdad View Post
    An Obama/Santorum race would be a disaster. Huge chuck of the populations just voting either "Anyone but Obama" or "Anyone but Santorum".
    We have more than one huge Chuck?

  7. #22
    Guest
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    3,295
    Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    If santorum won the nomination, I'd vote for Obama. Otherwise, I'll vote for romney or sit it out.
    So it's less about the debt, the spending, the ridiculous hypocritical rhetoric from Obama..it's more about keeping a guy out because you don't like his social views?

    Me personally, I've never wanted to hear one word about social issues from a candidate for President. I don't see that as the biggest job we hire him to do.

  8. #23
    All Big 10
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    18,518
    Quote Originally Posted by COsker View Post
    So it's less about the debt, the spending, the ridiculous hypocritical rhetoric from Obama..it's more about keeping a guy out because you don't like his social views?

    Me personally, I've never wanted to hear one word about social issues from a candidate for President. I don't see that as the biggest job we hire him to do.
    I understand where you're coming from, and I haven't yet decided I won't vote for Santorum myself, so what I'm about to say is just for discussion.

    My fear, is that if Santorum DOES win the nomination, it is because his party WANTS him to do social issues above economic ones. If it's economic, they would pick Romney. So Santorum will feel a mandate to actually DO something. What he might want to do is likely unacceptable to me.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

  9. #24
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,530
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    We have more than one huge Chuck?
    Have you seen the obesity figures? There are thousands of huge Chucks. Wisearse!

  10. #25
    All Big 10
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    18,523
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, and I haven't yet decided I won't vote for Santorum myself, so what I'm about to say is just for discussion.

    My fear, is that if Santorum DOES win the nomination, it is because his party WANTS him to do social issues above economic ones. If it's economic, they would pick Romney. So Santorum will feel a mandate to actually DO something. What he might want to do is likely unacceptable to me.
    I think a Santorum presidency would breath life into Congressional power...which has been missing for few years.

    (this is in no way an endorsement of Santorum...)
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

  11. #26
    Moderator
    redmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    7,411
    Quote Originally Posted by COsker View Post
    So it's less about the debt, the spending, the ridiculous hypocritical rhetoric from Obama..it's more about keeping a guy out because you don't like his social views?

    Me personally, I've never wanted to hear one word about social issues from a candidate for President. I don't see that as the biggest job we hire him to do.
    And in a perfect world, that would be the case. However, the President does a lot (too much) to affect social change.

    Just one more case for the over-bearance of the federal government.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

  12. #27
    Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    Sonuvahusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    40,114
    Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    If santorum won the nomination, I'd vote for Obama. Otherwise, I'll vote for romney or sit it out.
    Just to clarify, you're saying that you'll either vote for Obama, or you'll consider sitting the election out? That surprises me.

  13. #28
    Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    Sonuvahusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    40,114
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, and I haven't yet decided I won't vote for Santorum myself, so what I'm about to say is just for discussion.

    My fear, is that if Santorum DOES win the nomination, it is because his party WANTS him to do social issues above economic ones. If it's economic, they would pick Romney. So Santorum will feel a mandate to actually DO something. What he might want to do is likely unacceptable to me.
    I'm just curious, 'nut. What economic positions of Santorum do you disagree with (or believe that Obama's positions are superior)?

  14. #29
    All Big 10
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    18,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm just curious, 'nut. What economic positions of Santorum do you disagree with (or believe that Obama's positions are superior)?
    I don't know much about Santorum's economic positions. I'm hoping I don't have to do that research because I am certain I prefer Romney and I still expect him to get the nomination. To be clear, my reservations about Santorum are on the social issues at this point, not the economic ones.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

  15. #30
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    68,671
    I'd vote for Romney over Obama
    I'd vote for Santorum over Obama
    I'd vote for Gingrich over Obama
    I'd vote for Palin over Obama
    I'd vote for Pat Paulsen over Obama
    I'd vote for Huskrthill over Obama
    and yes
    I'd even vote for Red Phoenix over Obama
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.









Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •