Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Santorum, Romney both have edge over Obama

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W

Santorum, Romney both have edge over Obama

It's just one poll, one day, but some interesting numbers. Romney up by 5 points, and Santorum up by a point over Obama. Santorum seems to have had the most staying power of any of the "anyone-but-Romney" candidates that have surged and waned over the past several months.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll
    With the perception growing that he will be the GOP nominee, Romney leads President Obama by five points in a hypothetical 2012 matchup.

If Santorum is the Republican nominee, he is up by one point over the president, 46% to 45%. This is the second time since polling began in 2011 that Santorum has had a slight lead over Obama. Romney is the only other candidate to lead the president more than one time in the polls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All Big 10
    I think a Romney Obama race would be good for the country.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    I agree.

All Big 10
    I am still holding out for Robot Nixon 2012...He will show up when you least expect him!

(these polls are little ridiculous..to far out...things will change.)
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    I think Obama might be able to take Romney in a short foot race (100m), but I think Romney has the edge as a distance runner. Smoking probably leaves Obama a bit short of breath.

Either way, I would imagine Don King would be interested in promoting the race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intellectual Patriot
    Romney's hair is an unfair advantage aerodynamically.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

All Big 10

If santorum won the nomination, I'd vote for Obama. Otherwise, I'll vote for romney or sit it out.

Intellectual Patriot
    If Santorum won I would start reading the Left Behind books again for clues.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    Romney's hair is an unfair advantage aerodynamically.
    Plus it's high enough he'll break the tape first.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

Blackshirt

Perhaps we don't cherry pick just one poll.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...andidates.html
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Blackshirt

Perhaps we don't just cherry pick one poll.

I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post

Uh not cherry picking, Rasmussen along with Gallup is the only polling firm running a rolling tracking poll. The poll the OP cited is a fresh poll of a 3 day rolling average. save for one poll you linked to all of those polls are 2-4 weeks old.

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood Husker View Post
    Uh not cherry picking, Rasmussen along with Gallup is the only polling firm running a rolling tracking poll. The poll the OP cited is a fresh poll of a 3 day rolling average. save for one poll you linked to all of those polls are 2-4 weeks old.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

I'll never vote for Obama. If Santorum wins the primary, I'm writing in RedPhoenix.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    I am still holding out for Robot Nixon 2012...He will show up when you least expect him!

(these polls are little ridiculous..to far out...things will change.)