Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bronson Marsh

Recruit

Bronson Marsh

Bronson Marsh is getting a shot at Q.B. this Spring. I watched him play for Millard South since his Freshman year. Wonderful talent and a heck of a competitor.

Was really good. With Marsh, Brokemeier, and Fyfe...I think we have some quality walkon qb's...

Husker Fan

I think it would be more appropriate to say that he is practicing at QB rather than getting a shot. He has no shot.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    I think it would be more appropriate to say that he is practicing at QB rather than getting a shot. He has no shot.
    Maybe you should tweet him and Bo to let them know they have made a bad decision.

Normally I would agree but I think the scolarship limitations have made it a situation where we are getting quality QB's as walkons and their talent is not taken for granted...

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Corn View Post
    Maybe you should tweet him and Bo to let them know they have made a bad decision.
    LOL!

Yeah, I don't think that Bo buys into his bashers constant, whiny criticisms, especially when it appears the players themselves recognize where everybody stands and what it takes to improve your stock.

Bo has clearly shown that it doesn't matter whether you're a walk-on or a scholarship player. If you earn your position in practice, you find yourself on the field during gameday. Obviously the coaches at practice aren't seeing the same things as whiny, message board posters who've never seen a practice.

Of course, walk-ons that earn their way onto the field just opens up another avenue for the bashers, because you know there's no way they can be good enough to play.

Perhaps Bronson will surprise some people. He was certainly successful in High School.
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."

3-Star Kool-Aid Drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    LOL!

Yeah, I don't think that Bo buys into his bashers constant, whiny criticisms, especially when it appears the players themselved recognize where everybody stands and what it takes to improve your stock.

Bo has clearly shown that it doesn't matter whether you're a walk-on or a scholarship player. If you earn your position in practice, you find yourself on the field during gameday. Obviously the coaches at practice aren't seeing the same things as whiny, message board posters who've never seen a practice.

Of course, walk-ons that earn their way onto the field just opens up another avenue for the bashers, because you know there's no way they can be good enough to play.

Perhaps Bronson will surprise some people. He was certainly successful in High School.
    Thank you Sir...good post!

I think that it was in OC Beck's Tuesday video where he stated that back-up QB BC struggled last year recognizing defenses and couldn't get the offense into the best play because he didn't know what the best play was. And this was in that time period when many thought he should have been playing. Although we have a young foodball coaching staff, I will still trust that they know better than I (even if I can't see the immediate logic of what they're doing).

GBR!!
    Steve
    bentNblue

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bentNblue View Post
    Thank you Sir...good post!

I think that it was in OC Beck's Tuesday video where he stated that back-up QB BC struggled last year recognizing defenses and couldn't get the offense into the best play because he didn't know what the best play was. And this was in that time period when many thought he should have been playing. Although we have a young foodball coaching staff, I will still trust that they know better than I (even if I can't see the immediate logic of what they're doing).

GBR!!
    Does this mean we can't complain? A little irrational thought/bias never hurt anyone.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax

Husker Immortal
    I am glad he is getting a shot and I hope it is really a shot and not just press release fodder.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Corn View Post

I'm not saying it's a bad decision. I doubt he was good enough to play safety or wherever they had him before.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    LOL!

Yeah, I don't think that Bo buys into his bashers constant, whiny criticisms, especially when it appears the players themselves recognize where everybody stands and what it takes to improve your stock.

He was excellent in H.S. And if he was good it wouldn't surprise me. Getting a real shot WOULD surprise me. Pleasantly.

Varsity
    Bronson's a walk-on? I though he was on scholarship. Isn't this the young man that broke Nebraska HS QB records, one of which I believe Eric Crouch own and was asked to Gray Shirt coming out of high school? Why would someone Gray Shirt just to walk-on. Why not walk on right out of HS. and I agree with post #11. He was a great athlete. I saw a few of his games his senior year, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was good. It would surprise me if he got a real shot though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

All American
    BP has always been fair, IMO.

If he says Marsh will get a shot, he'll get a shot. He needs to know what he's doing, and make great decisions right off the bat, to keep himself in the mix. I doubt they are loking at him at QB to have a body at 3rd or 4th string on the depth chart.
    Go Big Red!

Husker Immortal
    There are many wonderful people and talents that have emerged from Millard (South)........me, for instance.
    "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." C. S. Lewis

Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    What QB on the team not named Martinez has a shot?
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+OUT+OF+OFFICE

Quote Originally Posted by cactusboy View Post
    So...when in doubt check out Wiki

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    At starting? None, IMO.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    Anyone that plays better than he does?
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - A. Lincoln

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir W. Churchill

Spend 50% of your time taking care of your business and 50% leaving everyone else's alone.

Red Shirt

Maybe they need someone to step up and give Martinez a run for his money, and maybe hes showing something we don't know about.

Scout Team
    You have to believe if someone knew the offense as good or better then T mart, then they would have a shot at starting. Remember the Kansas qb when Beck was on staff, he wasn't an elite qb but he made that offense sing to the tune of a Orange bowl W. The point being if Bronson or anybody could step up I think they could surpass Tmart because Tmart is limited and is limiting our offense.

5-Star Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc:872821
    There are many wonderful people and talents that have emerged from Millard (South)........me, for instance.
    Me too.
    I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.
    Earl Warren

I expect to die at 110, shot by a jealous husband.
    Thurgood Marshall