Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Does he like the taste of shoe leather? "Here's The Woman Rush Limbaugh Is Attacking

Does he like the taste of shoe leather? "Here's The Woman Rush Limbaugh Is Attacking

"Say you’re a conservative radio host who’s losing advertisers left and right for saying some deeply misinformed and misogynistic things about the lifestyle of a highly-educated single woman, and now you need to change the conversation. How do you do that? If you’re Rush Limbaugh, you do it by attacking a different woman on the basis of her singleness, youth and education.
    Limbaugh spent the entire first hour of his program today discussing “The American Way of Eating,” a new book by journalist Tracie McMillan, who logged almost a year working low-paying jobs at Wal-Mart, Applebee’s and other places to learn about the food industry. Despite the backlash he’s faced for branding law student Sandra Fluke a “slut” and “prostitute,” Limbaugh didn’t shy away from the matter of McMillan’s sex. On the contrary, he referred to her as an “authorette” and attempted to tie her to a broader trend of “all these young single white women” who are threatening Americans’ freedoms."

Quote Originally Posted by Rush
    What is it with all of these young single white women, overeducated — doesn’t mean intelligent. For example, Tracie McMillan, the author of this book, seems to be just out of college and already she has been showered with awards, including the 2006 James Aronson Award for Social Justice Journalism. Social justice journalism. This woman who wrote the book on food inequality, food justice, got an award for social justice journalism.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffberc...arre-she-says/

taste, not tast.

All Legend
    She certainly knows how to use words to make a point:
    She also takes exception to Limbaugh’s calling her “over-educated.” “I only have a B.A. I don’t have an advanced degree,” she says. “Maybe he thinks women shouldn’t go to college at all?”
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    taste, not tast.
    you know you can fix your thread titles right???

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    you know you can fix your thread titles right???
    No. I don't know that.

No. I don't know that.
    I do now.

I thought that feature went away...thanks 57.

Blackshirt

Just another in a long line of "feminazis." There will be more to follow I am sure given the nature of the man.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Blackshirt
    Hoping Limbaugh to fail is futile. He still has millions of dollars and listeners and now i hear that the sponsors who bailed are losing in stock value. Limbaugh gets the last laugh again. Good to see the hand wringing by the usual suspects though.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

Travel Squad

"What is it with all of these young single white women, overeducated — doesn’t mean intelligent."

Rush's statements are not surprising. He regularly attacks college grads in similar fashion. Natural self-defense mechanism for a guy who flunked out of a lower tier college in his first year. That is some serious dumbs, no matter how little effort was given.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

Blackshirt

If Rush's victim happens to be a lesbian woman college student............TRIFECTA of ridicule and hate.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Travel Squad
    It must be hard to be an increasingly marginalized angry white guy.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    Hoping Limbaugh to fail is futile. He still has millions of dollars and listeners and now i hear that the sponsors who bailed are losing in stock value. Limbaugh gets the last laugh again. Good to see the hand wringing by the usual suspects though.
    Is your wife a stay at home mom?

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Doctor of pharmacy. Nice try though. Is your wife blind?

Red Shirt
    Point being?

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Ogahusker View Post
    Doctor of pharmacy. Nice try though. Is your wife blind?
    So she's one of those overeducated liberal elites. How do you let her stay in your house?!

Blackshirt
    So she's one of those overeducated liberal elites. How do you let her stay in your house?!
    Alcohol and lots of good lovin! .

Too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    If Rush's victim happens to be a lesbian woman college student............TRIFECTA of ridicule and hate.
    Just because it is an opposing viewpoint doesn't mean it is hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    What would make it hate? If a person is ridiculed (called 'overeducated") just for being a single white college educated woman, would that be enough to call it hate?

how is calling white, single college educated women "overeducated" = to an opposing viewpoint?

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    Why do you hate opposing viewpoints?

What would make it hate? If a person is ridiculed (called 'overeducated") just for being a single white college educated woman, would that be enough to call it hate?

how is calling white, single college educated women "overeducated" = to an opposing viewpoint?
    I was just quoting warhorse, accusing someone of hate and pointing out that there is a difference between ridicule and hate. Far too many on the left tap into their falsetto tones when someone makes a point they don't like. They screech "hate!" when they have no valid argument to present.

'horse is accusing Limbaugh of hating very specific groups. Do any of you who apparently despise Rush actually listen to him? I'm pretty sure you cannot find a transcript where he said he hated lesbians, where he said he hated college students.

And, can't be a lesbian without being a woman. This wouldn't be a trifecta, it would be a quinella...