1. What seed will the Huskers be assigned?
2. Which likely #1 seed would you most like to face? (Baylor, Stanford, UConn, Notre Dame)
3. How many teams does the B1G get in the tournament?
4. How far will the Huskers go?
"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi
1. I'm thinking Huskers are a #6 or #7 seed. I am hoping that the tourney performance bumped them up. Their RPI would put them as a #7.
2. Notre Dame. I think we'd do pretty well against Baylor. Our outside shooting could keep us in the game; we'd just need some interior defensive presence to slow down Griner.
3. Six. With maybe Michigan as a seventh.
4. That is really hard to say. A #7 seed means we play a #2 in the second round. A #6 means that we play an easier #3. And, the women's tournament allows home courts...so, we are possibly playing an away game in the first or second round.
We have tickets to the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight games in Des Moines. We are hoping for some combination of Nebraska, Baylor, Iowa State, Iowa.
ESPN projects Nebraska as a #7 seed, with a 2nd round matchup against Maryland. That would be a very tough game. If the Huskers can survive it though, I could see them making it to the Elite 8 against Notre Dame. ESPN also projects Creighton as a low seed in the same regional. I'll be surprised if they Bluejays can make it past the first round, but it would certainly make things interesting if the two Nebraska schools could hang around for a while.
"rw, you're a reasonable guy." Sonuvahusker, August 3, 2004