Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is our "Texas" in the Big 10

All American
    Quote Originally Posted by Red93 View Post
    Although I understand the intention of this thread, NOBODY will ever replace texas as the team I hate more than any other. Not only did they beat us on the field, they also took over and ultimately destroyed our beloved Big 8 conference. Horns down.
    +1

It isn't what UT did on the field, It's what they did off the field, and how they took over the conference, after being BAILED OUT BY the Big 8.
    [television commercial] Hi, I'm Ricky Bobby. If you don't cheer for Big Red, then f-*bleep* you.

Scout Team
    Not sure how to explain it, but for me, Michigan replaces Oklahoma as the team I most hate losing to. Last year, I stopped watching the UM game at halftime (as I occasionally did with OU), because they were dominating us, and I hated see us lose to them.
    Hadn't done that for 20 years.

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc View Post
    +1

It isn't what UT did on the field, It's what they did off the field, and how they took over the conference, after being BAILED OUT BY the Big 8.
    There's one thing they did on the field that steams my beans: when they tried to plant the TU flag in our turf. That ranks right up (down?) there with the bluffs jumping up and down on our logo. Disrespectful, poor sportsmanship and only purpose is to antagonize.
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dead Redemption View Post
    There's one thing they did on the field that steams my beans: when they tried to plant the TU flag in our turf. That ranks right up (down?) there with the bluffs jumping up and down on our logo. Disrespectful, poor sportsmanship and only purpose is to antagonize.
    i remember that. It was the only time I truly wanted to throw a bottle or something at a player(s).

The issue I had with Texas is they owned the refs. Texas would drag our DL to the ground and nothing. Our offense...throw a flag. Remember the "late" hit verse AM? .01? They were so bought it wasn't funny.

I think the B10 is better than that.

I would think for the fact that so many are still obsessed with the "Texas" effect on and off the field currently, even though we are no longer involved with them shows that no other school will be able to be our "Texas" let alone a school in the B1G. Even though tOSU would seem to have much more pull with the conference than say' Purdue or NwU, they aren't looking to center the entire conference around themselves, for the sole gain of themselves the way the Longhorns did the SWC+Big8 (BigXII). I think we are in a better overall fit in this conference than we were in the BigXII and maybe even the Big 8 (6). The "Texas" effect will forever be stuck on many fans, so even if we do get "ball checked" by a current conference member, they will still be compared to Texas which would make Texas our ......."Texas" still.