Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: What Nebraska Basketball Can Be

Recruit

What Nebraska Basketball Can Be

My thoughts on where the program is, where it can be, and how it can get there:

http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/conten...What-it-can-be

Cake or Death?
    Entertaining read Dave, and I agree, NU basketball can be so much better than it is. Nobody is thinking we will ever be Duke, but being Purdue or Michigan wouldn't be bad.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

Looks like you've put a lot of time into that. It is crazy to think that NU has fired 2 football coaches, since the last time they've fired a basketball coach.

NU basketball can be a solid member of the B1G. I would say a program like Minnesota (excluding the NCAA sanctions). A program that doesn't necessarily win the conference, but is always good enough to warrant at-large consideration in the NCAA tourney. Even during Nee's hey-days in the early to mid-1990's, NU wasn't really a major player of the Big 8 regular season championships. The beauty of playing in a major conference is you can finish in the top half of the standings, and still be wearing your home jersies in the first round the NCAA tourney.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    The beauty of playing in a major conference is you can finish in the top half of the standings, and still be wearing your home jersies in the first round the NCAA tourney.
    I think 90% of Husker faithful would be satisfied with this equation. An occasional second round run or trip to the sweet 16 would put us over the top.
    "OK. Appreciate the info." Bo Pelini