Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the process?

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    Very nice.

So GFOA is going to be your expert witness in today's Bo-bashing exercise?

That's certainly somebody who has to have a great deal invested in not understanding coachspeak and having to slant an innocuous statement into something negative.

I thought that Sip's article with Bo was very enlightening and certainly didn't feel threatened by any of the commentary. In fact, there seemed to be a decent amount shared that would give reason for optimism going into this spring, IMO.
    BTW: I see what ya did there as you're no stranger to marginalizing folks too.

And this ain't a Bo-Bashing exercise...I don't know why some folks think questioning what Bo said or his actions, considers that to be Bo bashing? Maybe the average fans that don't know what's going on in the program just want to learn a little more.

Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    PS- interesting that the same folks that blew a gasket when Callahan said "it's only one game" won't have any problem with Bo being "non results oriented." That comment is frightening.
    I'm geniunely surprised that, after all these years, you're still so bitter about the way the calllahan deal worked out for you. Your continued demand for revenge firings is what I truly find frightening.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+OUT+OF+OFFICE

Quote Originally Posted by cactusboy View Post
    So...when in doubt check out Wiki

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I geniunely surprised that, after all these years, you're still so bitter about the way the calllahan deal worked out for you. Your continued demand for revenge firings is what I truly find frightening.
    Not at all. I had no more interest in the BC firing than any other fan that was disappointed by his inability as a coach. Sadly, the revered replacement has not shown the ability to move us sufficiently over his 4 years even though he has been a slight improvement. I am beginning to think that Bo's results so far can be attributed more to TO's mentoring than to Bo himself. This year should prove interesting. I see no reason to give Pelini much longer if he is unable to win championships...this year or 2013 should get us something more than another underwhelming 9 win season.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I geniunely surprised that, after all these years, you're still so bitter about the way the calllahan deal worked out for you. Your continued demand for revenge firings is what I truly find frightening.
    Yep, I agree Sonny. Let's just keep churning coaches like what GFOA - makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

I thought the interview was great. I'm very optimistic heading in to this season. I think the hire of Joseph is an upgrade (certainly can't be a downgrade from Raymond). And, I liked what Bo had to say. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if he took Raymond aside and let him know what a great opportunity it'd be for him to coach at his alma matter.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Weinosker View Post
    Yep, I agree Sonny. Let's just keep churning coaches like what GFOA - makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?
    We'll never find our diamond, if we settle for a shiney rock.

All Legend

I thought the interview was great. I'm very optimistic heading in to this season. I think the hire of Joseph is an upgrade (certainly can't be a downgrade from Raymond). And, I liked what Bo had to say. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if he took Raymond aside and let him know what a great opportunity it'd be for him to coach at his alma matter.
    Funny stuff....one paragraph against coaching changes and another thanking Bo for making em....

BTW: What's the process?

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilLongfellow View Post
    The quote that surprised me was "I'm not a results oriented person."

If that's the case, what is the point of the "the process."

Bo didn't think that one through.
    You can have a bad outcome after making a good decision - I think that is what he is really saying there.
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - A. Lincoln

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir W. Churchill

Spend 50% of your time taking care of your business and 50% leaving everyone else's alone.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    Funny stuff....one paragraph against coaching changes and another thanking Bo for making em....

BTW: What's the process?
    I'm not against all coaching change... (See the basketball board). I'm hesitant to criticize coaches. In fact, if you searched, you won't find much there. I'm OK with questioning and critiquing things, some of you seem to jump to a final decision real quick.

I'm against getting rid of a head coach that has consistently won 9 games for us. Remember how that worked out last time it happened?

Travel Squad

Yeah, let's fire another 9-win coach that is well-respected and see what happens. Can't polish a turd, dude, and that's what we'd be left with.

Starter

And this ain't a Bo-Bashing exercise...I don't know why some folks think questioning what Bo said or his actions, considers that to be Bo bashing? Maybe the average fans that don't know what's going on in the program just want to learn a little more.
    Utsker, sorry if I hijacked the thread a bit and went off on Bo. I'll step out of the thread now and let further discussion of the mysterious process go on. Perhaps, fRed will define the process for us and describe the key differences in Bo's process (from other BIG programs) that will lead to championships soon.

All Legend
    I'm not against all coaching change... (See the basketball board). I'm hesitant to criticize coaches. In fact, if you searched, you won't find much there. I'm OK with questioning and critiquing things, some of you seem to jump to a final decision real quick.

I'm against getting rid of a head coach that has consistently won 9 games for us. Remember how that worked out last time it happened?
    I'm in no hurry to get rid of Bo either....can't think of any that are, including GFOA, on this board.

But the question at hand is: What is the process?

Junior Varsity
    My take: Bo isn't just teaching football, he is giving a life lesson. His "process" really is the expectation these kids should have gotten from their parents, but many of them haven't. To me, the "process" is being responsible for your actions, accountable to your team, family and self, and work hard at everything, not just the few things you really enjoy. Past is past, you learn from it but do not dwell on it.

From what I have read and heard, this translates just not onto the field, but into the classroom and social life.
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - A. Lincoln

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir W. Churchill

Spend 50% of your time taking care of your business and 50% leaving everyone else's alone.

Junior Varsity
    or similarly, you may never find your diamond if you move from mine to mine........

Travel Squad

I'm in no hurry to get rid of Bo either....can't think of any that are, including GFOA, on this board.

But the question at hand is: What is the process?
    I disagree about GFOA, he seems hell-bent on it to me. You are oftentimes reasonable about questioning and critiquing.

I'm not worried about it, seems like he has a process and TO is comfortable with it. Would you like me to also outline my process on this site for developing Regional Sales Managers? Or, is it possible that it wouldn't all matter or make sense to you because you aren't an expert in my industry?

I think his point is well made - here's how I took it: "We aren't perfect yet, and we'll have times when things go better than others in terms of results, but we are looking to improve at all times. And, we have a process for that."

What's your issue with that?

Starter

I disagree about GFOA, he seems hell-bent on it to me. You are oftentimes reasonable about questioning and critiquing.

I'm not worried about it, seems like he has a process and TO is comfortable with it. Would you like me to also outline my process on this site for developing Regional Sales Managers? Or, is it possible that it wouldn't all matter or make sense to you because you aren't an expert in my industry?

I think his point is well made - here's how I took it: "We aren't perfect yet, and we'll have times when things go better than others in terms of results, but we are looking to improve at all times. And, we have a process for that."

Utsker...sorry for stepping back in...but you've just been marginalized.

PS- I can live with Bo if he starts producing, quits making excuse after excuse, quits blaming his players and referees, and begins treating fans and the media with some respect.

Travel Squad

Good point, I think Bo should have to have the process democratically approved by a super-majority of voters in the state of Nebraska before he is allowed to reference it.

All Legend

I agree with your definiition...no issue with that ...agree with californications too..but if it's all about the process, why can't the process be written down? Defined? Laid out for the rabid Husker fans? I'm not asking for the gameplan or the playbook, or even technique...as I don't think those are what Bo means by the process either. But if the process is such a wonderful thing, then great to put it out for all to see. Or do we not want the kids at Michigan to become better people.

All Legend

PS- I can live with Bo if he starts producing, quits making excuse after excuse, quits blaming his players and referees, and begins treating fans and the media with some respect.
    Nah, I wasn't marginalized....because I don't know what his industry is...

Junior Varsity
    I agree with your definiition...no issue with that ...agree with californications too..but if it's all about the process, why can't the process be written down? Defined? Laid out for the rabid Husker fans? I'm not asking for the gameplan or the playbook, or even technique...as I don't think those are what Bo means by the process either. But if the process is such a wonderful thing, then great to put it out for all to see. Or do we not want the kids at Michigan to become better people.
    I guess I feel that there are too many variables to write the process down, and that the process is both a team and individual concept. When I say, for example, "you need to do the right thing", that will mean different things to you and to me, and neither one is necessarily "wrong" (unless you break a rule or law), though both could have consequences.

Starter

Good point, I think Bo should have to have the process democratically approved by a super-majority of voters in the state of Nebraska before he is allowed to reference it.
    Naw, think it's funny when Bo talks about "the process"...next he'll be talking in the third person. "Bo likes process. Bo make players understand process. But Bo knows fans and media too dumb to understand process."

It's just great that Nebraska's HC can call the fans dumb to their faces...and most of them leap to his defense. He could be right about some things.