Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: I guess Wall Streeters like to whine too...

All Big 10

I guess Wall Streeters like to whine too...

just like the Occupiers they complain about.

From Bloomberg:

Schiff, 46, is facing another kind of jam this year: Paid a lower bonus, he said the $350,000 he earns, enough to put him in the country’s top 1 percent by income, doesn’t cover his family’s private-school tuition, a Kent, Connecticut, summer rental and the upgrade they would like from their 1,200-square- foot Brooklyn duplex.

“I feel stuck,” Schiff said. “The New York that I wanted to have is still just beyond my reach.”

"People who don’t have money don’t understand the stress,” said Alan Dlugash, a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy. “Could you imagine what it’s like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?”

“I wouldn’t want to whine,” Schiff said. “All I want is the stuff that I always thought, growing up, that successful parents had.”

My personal favorite:

If you’re making $50,000 and your salary gets down to $40,000 and you have to cut, it’s very severe to you,” Dlugash said. “But it’s no less severe to these other people with these big numbers.”

That's right Alan, because deciding to give up health insurance or not getting your kid's teeth straightened is just like giving up your sailboat.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...heap-chex.html
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

Wow. It is amazing how tone deaf some people can be.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Wow. It is amazing how tone deaf some people can be.
    not tone deaf. just stupid. TIA.

Junior Varsity
    I feel their pain, I had to buy a Mercedes instead of a Maserati. Bullcrap on all levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    It's time to re-introduce cocaine to our musicians.
    "All too easy." - Darth Vader

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
    I feel their pain, I had to buy a Mercedes instead of a Maserati. Bullcrap on all levels.
    No kidding?

I had to tell 3 of our 12 staff we had to cut their wages to $3.50/hr. so I could take that vacation to Monaco.. thank goodness they are illegal... err, I mean, undocumented so they took my "suggestions" of not to go to the ACLU to heart.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    No kidding?

I had to tell 3 of our 12 staff we had to cut their wages to $3.50/hr. so I could take that vacation to Monaco.. thank goodness they are illegal... err, I mean, undocumented so they took my "suggestions" of not to go to the ACLU to heart.
    Look, Monaco is great, they will surely understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    It's time to re-introduce cocaine to our musicians.
    "All too easy." - Darth Vader