Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Hooker resigns.

Husker Fan

Hooker resigns.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ly-for-student

Modesto police are investigating if there’s a criminal case against a former high school teacher who resigned his job to move into an apartment with an 18-year-old girl he met while teaching.

James Hooker, 41, was placed on administrative leave Feb. 3 by Modesto City Schools and resigned less than three weeks later, according to a report on the Sacramento Bee.

Society Crazy Indeed
    isnt 18 the age of consent?

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Yes, but it's still creepy.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

pray for me ;)
    Yep. That said, my outlook certainly changed a lot from age 18 to 30. Not much since then. Looks like a trick with a high degree of difficulty to me but more power to them.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Yep. That said, my outlook certainly changed a lot from age 18 to 30. Not much since then. Looks like a trick with a high degree of difficulty to me but more power to them.
    They met when she was a Freshman. Whether there was any sex or not before she was 18, he had a ridiculous level of influence over her when she was extremely immature and impressionable. It would be hard NOT to get girls to fall in love with you if you are a decent teacher.

In my book, any decent person in his position would never have let himself develop romantic feelings for a child. Let her grow up, let her reach 30 as you say.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

That dude is a serious creep.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    They met when she was a Freshman. Whether there was any sex or not before she was 18, he had a ridiculous level of influence over her when she was extremely immature and impressionable. It would be hard NOT to get girls to fall in love with you if you are a decent teacher.

In my book, any decent person in his position would never have let himself develop romantic feelings for a child. Let her grow up, let her reach 30 as you say.
    I didn't read the article and since they met when she was a freshman...ewwww.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Husker Fan

i like how they're both tilting their heads in the same direction...

Listening to this story on the news this morning, it certainly appears to me that there was a relationship before 18. There were something like 4000 texts exchanged before she left home to live with this guy.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    There were something like 4000 texts exchanged before she left home to live with this guy.
    She had to make absolutely sure he had DirecTV.

Husker Fan

nothing about my thread title?!?! damn. tough crowd.

She doesn't look like any Hooker I've observed...?