Get tickets for all Husker games here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Hooker resigns.

  1. #1
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    44,131

    Hooker resigns.

    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ly-for-student

    Modesto police are investigating if there’s a criminal case against a former high school teacher who resigned his job to move into an apartment with an 18-year-old girl he met while teaching.


    James Hooker, 41, was placed on administrative leave Feb. 3 by Modesto City Schools and resigned less than three weeks later, according to a report on the Sacramento Bee.



  2. #2
    Society Crazy Indeed
    Pops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    59,218
    isnt 18 the age of consent?
    Sioux Proud - Sioux = GR8NESS

    **** ARM THE HOMELESS******


  3. #3
    All American
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Enemy stronghold, Colorado
    Posts
    25,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    isnt 18 the age of consent?
    Yes, but it's still creepy.
    Run, Riley, run!

  4. #4
    Enemy #1 for mods.
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    64,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    isnt 18 the age of consent?
    Yep. That said, my outlook certainly changed a lot from age 18 to 30. Not much since then. Looks like a trick with a high degree of difficulty to me but more power to them.


    The measure of a man is what he does with power. -Plato

  5. #5
    All American
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Enemy stronghold, Colorado
    Posts
    25,293
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Yep. That said, my outlook certainly changed a lot from age 18 to 30. Not much since then. Looks like a trick with a high degree of difficulty to me but more power to them.
    They met when she was a Freshman. Whether there was any sex or not before she was 18, he had a ridiculous level of influence over her when she was extremely immature and impressionable. It would be hard NOT to get girls to fall in love with you if you are a decent teacher.

    In my book, any decent person in his position would never have let himself develop romantic feelings for a child. Let her grow up, let her reach 30 as you say.
    Run, Riley, run!

  6. #6
    Moderator
    redmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,690
    That dude is a serious creep.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

  7. #7
    Enemy #1 for mods.
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    64,553
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    They met when she was a Freshman. Whether there was any sex or not before she was 18, he had a ridiculous level of influence over her when she was extremely immature and impressionable. It would be hard NOT to get girls to fall in love with you if you are a decent teacher.

    In my book, any decent person in his position would never have let himself develop romantic feelings for a child. Let her grow up, let her reach 30 as you say.
    I didn't read the article and since they met when she was a freshman...ewwww.


    The measure of a man is what he does with power. -Plato

  8. #8
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    44,131
    i like how they're both tilting their heads in the same direction...

  9. #9
    Moderator
    ChitownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Allen, Texas
    Posts
    35,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    isnt 18 the age of consent?

    Listening to this story on the news this morning, it certainly appears to me that there was a relationship before 18. There were something like 4000 texts exchanged before she left home to live with this guy.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  10. #10
    Enemy #1 for mods.
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    64,553
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    There were something like 4000 texts exchanged before she left home to live with this guy.
    She had to make absolutely sure he had DirecTV.


    The measure of a man is what he does with power. -Plato

  11. #11
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    44,131
    nothing about my thread title?!?! damn. tough crowd.

  12. #12
    She doesn't look like any Hooker I've observed...?







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •