Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enough about football...Time

Society Crazy Indeed

Enough about football...Time

to turn attention to Sioux Hockey.....

No way should they even make the playoffs...but everyone in playoffs... gets a prize

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.

pray for me ;)
    Everyone gets a prize--much like the bowl system.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

Husker Fan
    FBS college football is the ultimate hand-holding, participatation ribbon, belly rubbing, snuggle-snuggle, make as many of the kiddos feel good as possible sport on the planet.

Oh boy. Is this another "playoffs don't produce a true champion and invalidate the regular season but the bowl system does produce a true champion and validates the regular season" thread?

If so, I think I'll pass and just watch highlights of the New York Football Giants validating their 2011 regular season with a Super Bowl win.

If this is about the Fighting Sioux hockey team -- I do like their name.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Oh boy. Is this another "playoffs don't produce a true champion and invalidate the regular season but the bowl system does produce a true champion and validates the regular season" thread?

If so, I think I'll pass and just watch highlights of the New York Football Giants validating their 2011 regular season with a Super Bowl win.

If this is about the Fighting Sioux hockey team -- I do like their name.
    last year you'll see the name...they have until i believe 2015 to come up with a new name

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    last year you'll see the name...they have until i believe 2015 to come up with a new name
    They will always be the Fighting Sioux though.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    They will always be the Fighting Sioux though.

you BET they will.

pray for me ;)
    you BET they will.
    They were just here over the weekend and split with the Pioneers. Kinda disappointing year so far for both teams.

Husker Fan

If the tribe wrote (I think they did) a letter giving permission to use the name, who is to say NO to it? It's their prerogative.

That sucks. "The Fighting Sioux" is perhaps the most awesome name in college sports, maybe even all of sports.

The Sioux were bad asses. I think the name honors them. More people should read about their history.

Why not change the name to the "Crazy Horses." Nah. The NC-double-Nazis would catch it.

Husker Fan

Which is a complete crock of crap.

Rollin' Huskers
    Wherever our RV is parked - currently Mission TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    If the tribe wrote (I think they did) a letter giving permission to use the name, who is to say NO to it? It's their prerogative.
    Not when the politically correct crowd gets involved....cuz they certainly KNOW what's best for all of us.... that said are we talking about the WOMEN'S Hockey - GO BADGERS !!! The men won't be around much longer....
    GBR
    Badger by birth - Husker by choice !!!

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Which is a complete crock of crap.

agree

Husker Immortal Love Tool
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    That sucks. "The Fighting Sioux" is perhaps the most awesome name in college sports, maybe even all of sports.

The Sioux were bad asses. I think the name honors them. More people should read about their history.

Why not change the name to the "Crazy Horses." Nah. The NC-double-Nazis would catch it.

Both the Pawnee and Sioux lived and fought each other on my land, in North East Nebraska. You are right about the Sioux being bad ass.

But up until the horse was a factor in their lives, the Pawnee actually kicked butt over the Sioux! The Pawnee was a more long legged and long arms then the Sioux and while only on foot dominated. The Sioux being more short and stout was fantastic on handling a horse, thus this made them the most dominate!

And no I don't have a link, but that was what was told to my Father by his father, by his father ect ect!
    The Skunk Has Spoken!

I swear skunk was squeezin my buttocks !
    Skunkman's nose nailed this one.
    Never squat with yer spurs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer
    "You gotta watch the Skunkman."
    I don't want to ruin Skunk's rep, but I have to report that he is a very hospitable and generous guy, besides being a super Husker fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkman1 View Post
    Both the Pawnee and Sioux lived and fought each other on my land, in North East Nebraska. You are right about the Sioux being bad ass.

But up until the horse was a factor in their lives, the Pawnee actually kicked butt over the Sioux! The Pawnee was a more long legged and long arms then the Sioux and while only on foot dominated. The Sioux being more short and stout was fantastic on handling a horse, thus this made them the most dominate!

And no I don't have a link, but that was what was told to my Father by his father, by his father ect ect!

Great stuff. The Plains Indians were bad asses all around. They knew what was coming and fought for their way of life to the bitter end.

It's a sad fact that their culture simply couldn't coexist and survive alongside a quickly developing industrial society. And it's a sad fact that the US government/military inflicted unnecessary carnage upon them.

General Crook treated them pretty fairly. Even though he was an Indian fighter, he was sympathetic to their plight.