Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charles Jackson made the grade!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    This has been the chatter for the past week....waiting for him to get through the Clearing House still....so I'm not 'celebrating' until that happens....he may think its enough, but they are the final 'decider'.....not trying to downplay this however, until its official I'm not getting my hopes up....
    I agree. I also hope he still wants to come here... Hope he is getting good vibes out of Lincoln... I hope he hasn't been scared off by the turnover in DB coaches. Marvin's exit was bizarre followed by the enigma of the Raymond era...

Get here.....get here. Bo played in the secodary, I'm not worried. I was actually less surprised by Raymond than Sanders...when he is from that region it was going to be tough to turn down.

He is not going anywhere but Nebraska....and yes he can be recruited as he did not sign in 2011....however, he and his dad have stated he is Nebraska bound and there was and is no interest in any other schools...coaching turnover is not even in play here....

Quote Originally Posted by KleinTxHusker View Post
    I agree. I also hope he still wants to come here... Hope he is getting good vibes out of Lincoln... I hope he hasn't been scared off by the turnover in DB coaches. Marvin's exit was bizarre followed by the enigma of the Raymond era...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by KleinTxHusker View Post

If he didn't want to be here he could have easily found another route to play somewhere else, even if that meant going the JUCO route. I think he is N through and through.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

He has stayed loyal to us and vica-versa....he is Nebraska boudn once cleared....his dad loves Bo & staff....

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    If he didn't want to be here he could have easily found another route to play somewhere else, even if that meant going the JUCO route. I think he is N through and through.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    He has stayed loyal to us and vica-versa....he is Nebraska boudn once cleared....his dad loves Bo & staff....

I can't wait to seem him on the field. Would have love to see him out there with Denard & David but "too many sweets is bad for the teeth".
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Hopefully there aren't any more red flags to clear up.

This is a huge addition for us if true

Big 12 Champs
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyhusker View Post
    So then, we have to wait two more weeks for the clearing house folks to review and sign off?? Will this take longer/shorter?
    Try 1-6 months...Clearinghouse has screwed us before. Dont expect an issue,but I don't trust them for efficiency or expediency.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Thank you Mr Jackson for all your hard work. I believe you experience in over coming a hurdle, will help your through out life. Keep up the great work.

Message Board Wizard
    Well done, Mr. Jackson. Congrats.

All American
    Jackson also just got word that he passed his SAT test!

This is also big, in case the NCAA had any doubt over his ACT score.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Just waiting on the Clearing House...but yeah good news...

Haven't they been chewing on this for awhile now? What are the chances he will make it for Fall? Will a passing SAT score speed up the process?

If the test scores are indeed good should know by the summer....

Quote Originally Posted by Scrollsker View Post
    Haven't they been chewing on this for awhile now? What are the chances he will make it for Fall? Will a passing SAT score speed up the process?

Red Shirt
    lot of different scenario's going forward, of which getting jackson 'officially' N is one, but how about the tandem of jackson and heard on the corners over the next couple years?? be little doubt about the persistence between the two of them.

Recruit

The good news Charles Jackson made the grade..the bad news is he is now 49 years old!!!

Husker Immortal
    keep hoping for the best

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by jmatlock View Post
    The good news Charles Jackson made the grade..the bad news is he is now 49 years old!!!
    LOL