Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Raymond - Gone

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    A solid recruiter but who can trust what he says. Is that what makes someone a great recruiter?
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    In Louisiana?
    Liars Unite!!
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Red Shirt
    He is a clown. I know its a chance to go back to his home school, but his bridge has been burned here. I hope he gets a speeding ticket on his way out of Nebraska. Where has all the loyalty gone... He will fit in perfect in the SEC....
    Nebraska Football
    I don't know any other way to live...

Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    I can't wait to watch the LSU DBs getting burned play after play next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Sonny once again proving that he is the biggest piece of ******** on Huskermax. Congrats on earning this title, sir.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+leaves+office

I really don't care, not in a bad way, I just don't care. Bo will find a quality coach and we will move forward.

Is that 4 jobs in two seasons for this guy?

Utah St, Indiana, Nebraska and LSU?

Interesting.

I can understand the frustration with the timing and what he said the other day. But timing is never great with this stuff and when he said what he did a few days ago he may have been being honest at the time and things changed...calling him a clown is a little much. The guy has a chance to go home and I'm all for him taking that opportunity.

And loyalty? Give me a break...this is a business and everybody knows it. Not to mention loyalty to what? A fan base who is still begging for sanders to come back and never really accepted him as the secondary coach? I think its humorous when fans scream for and demand loyalty from the coaches or even players, but one bad or not so great year and they're ready to throw them out and find the next best thing

Quote Originally Posted by joncarl:861551
    I really don't care, not in a bad way, I just don't care. Bo will find a quality coach and we will move forward.
    Agreed. It stinks, but I have confidence we will get someone in here who will get the job done

Husker Fan

Problem is coaches can move anywhere, any time for any reason without consequences....players can't. there lies the rub.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I can't wait to watch the LSU DBs getting burned play after play next season.
    In-freakin-deed.

I was harsh on him previously... some disagreed ... now, I have a license to be harsh.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    now, I have a license to be harsh.
    not a license like 007?

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    Problem is coaches can move anywhere, any time for any reason without consequences....players can't. there lies the rub.
    Absolutely correct.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by caNUfeelit View Post
    I can understand the frustration with the timing and what he said the other day. But timing is never great with this stuff and when he said what he did a few days ago he may have been being honest at the time and things changed...calling him a clown is a little much. The guy has a chance to go home and I'm all for him taking that opportunity.
    I don't begrudge the guy for going. Frankly, between his comments after the bowl game and his position's lack of performance last season, I'm not sad to see him go. The one thing that I have a HUGE problem with is his lie. 3 days ago he said flat-out that he wasn't interested in LSU and would NOT interview there. If he was interested, he should have just kept his trap shut. I don't blame him for going, but the way that he did so is dishonest to put it mildly.

Wow talk about smiling at someone while knowing your going to stab them as soon as they turn around!! wonder if Bo knew this was coming or if les miles kneeled behind Bo while Raymond shoved him backwards and they both ran away? see ya coach, you were a good recruiter with average coaching ability it seemed so no worries here.
    Whenever you think it can't get any worse for the huskers, just remember the glory days of Callahan.

Recruit

As others have "good ridance to bad rubbish!" Cory Raymond was not right for Nebraska. I hope Bo finds another Sanders to fill the spot.

With the post-bowl brouhaha and much poorer than expected secondary play, I don't know that this hurts much. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he was given the impression that it was OK for him to leave. I think the odds are this will end up a positive for Nebraska. We'll probably lose the 2013 recruit that Raymond took the lead on, but there's plenty of time to adjust to that.