Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Raymond - Gone

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    Problem is coaches can move anywhere, any time for any reason without consequences....players can't. there lies the rub.
    Absolutely correct.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by caNUfeelit View Post
    I can understand the frustration with the timing and what he said the other day. But timing is never great with this stuff and when he said what he did a few days ago he may have been being honest at the time and things changed...calling him a clown is a little much. The guy has a chance to go home and I'm all for him taking that opportunity.
    I don't begrudge the guy for going. Frankly, between his comments after the bowl game and his position's lack of performance last season, I'm not sad to see him go. The one thing that I have a HUGE problem with is his lie. 3 days ago he said flat-out that he wasn't interested in LSU and would NOT interview there. If he was interested, he should have just kept his trap shut. I don't blame him for going, but the way that he did so is dishonest to put it mildly.

Wow talk about smiling at someone while knowing your going to stab them as soon as they turn around!! wonder if Bo knew this was coming or if les miles kneeled behind Bo while Raymond shoved him backwards and they both ran away? see ya coach, you were a good recruiter with average coaching ability it seemed so no worries here.
    Whenever you think it can't get any worse for the huskers, just remember the glory days of Callahan.

Recruit

As others have "good ridance to bad rubbish!" Cory Raymond was not right for Nebraska. I hope Bo finds another Sanders to fill the spot.

With the post-bowl brouhaha and much poorer than expected secondary play, I don't know that this hurts much. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he was given the impression that it was OK for him to leave. I think the odds are this will end up a positive for Nebraska. We'll probably lose the 2013 recruit that Raymond took the lead on, but there's plenty of time to adjust to that.

Well he said he wanted better athletes and now he will have them

Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I can't wait to watch the LSU DBs getting burned play after play next season.
    +10

Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by joncarl View Post
    I really don't care, not in a bad way, I just don't care. Bo will find a quality coach and we will move forward.
    +11

Scout Team

This is JMO, but if we want coaches who want to stick around Nebraska, then Maybe we better start recruiting the best of the best of those coaches with Nebraska roots...just sayin'

This seems more like a blow to our collective ego than a bad thing for the team. I wasn't all that impressed with him as a coach.

But we should remember that we poached our new D-Line coach from Iowa a few weeks ago...karma?

Red Shirt
    Well if robbing other team's staffs is OK then maybe it's time to go hard after Scott Frost. Oregon is in a little doo doo right now; maybe it will be easier to jump ship now.

Scout Team
    Arlington, TX ... home of the Arlington Cowboys and Jerry's World!!
    With the possible problems Oregon is having, maybe scoop up a former Husker from their staff and bring him home....

... just sayin
    12/02/07

7/1/11

"To love another person is to see the face of God" Victor Hugo

We can do better.

Red Shirt
    I can't say I'll miss him. This thing called character that Bo is always talking about means alot to me. If he is willing to tell all the fans the lies he spewed, who knows what he'll say to get a kid to NU. I think we can do better.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    We can do better.
    Sure we can but how long will he stay? Someone with ties to the program will make NU a destination, not a stepping stone. We're less apt to win a title if we don't have good continuity on the coaching staff.

Starter
    Maybe Bo will give Ron Brown a shot at coaching DB's now. Let Rex coach the RB's.

Minter?

Red Shirt

I wish him well and don't blame him for going home. But to be honest, I never thought that highly of his coaching. Our DB's were not very physical under him and no one drastically improved. One year isn't a long time, but the great ones get things moving in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by MR863HUSKER View Post
    Ok....Anyone know of any DB coaches ,worth a hoot, that are available ??????
    What about Mike "after dinner" Minter?? Would be a stud recruiter with lots of NFL experience...bleeds Husker Red...ambassador off the field...been in coaching since retiring from NFL. Probably a long shot, but he'd be my 1st choice. Then again, Bo has a track record of hiring people that he trusts and knows.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerGene View Post
    Sure we can but how long will he stay? Someone with ties to the program will make NU a destination, not a stepping stone. We're less apt to win a title if we don't have good continuity on the coaching staff.
    Bo can take it as an opportunity to strengthen the staff. He's further down the road and wiser.