Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 112

Thread: Akoy Agau

  1. #61
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    45,984
    Apparently Akoy has his heart set on playing in the Big 10/Big East...and if UCONN ever offers it's over. But UCONN might be a pipe dream for him. Point being this is a guy Miles has got to get. Not because he's the next Dwight Howard but because he's a Nebraska kid that's going to play high major college bball. The tide has to turn at some point. Not sure what the roster will look like by the time (if) Agau makes it to NU but hopefully there isn't too much pressure on him to be great right away. I think he can be a defensive presence from day one. But that he will take a while to develop offensively is going to be my guess. (Remember, RIch King was only good for 5 and 3 as a frosh)

    Would be a good "in-road" for the Central sophomore (jr. next year) that people are already excited about.

  2. #62
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,946
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Apparently Akoy has his heart set on playing in the Big 10/Big East...and if UCONN ever offers it's over. But UCONN might be a pipe dream for him. Point being this is a guy Miles has got to get. Not because he's the next Dwight Howard but because he's a Nebraska kid that's going to play high major college bball. The tide has to turn at some point. Not sure what the roster will look like by the time (if) Agau makes it to NU but hopefully there isn't too much pressure on him to be great right away. I think he can be a defensive presence from day one. But that he will take a while to develop offensively is going to be my guess. (Remember, RIch King was only good for 5 and 3 as a frosh)

    Would be a good "in-road" for the Central sophomore (jr. next year) that people are already excited about.
    I said this in another thread, but I have a pretty good couple of friends that coach at Central. Right now he is leaning Wichita as the Doc firing means new relationships have to be formed, though Miles was trying to recruit him at CSU. Creighton is basically out since he lives about 4 blocks from there. If Miles goes in and offers Thurman (the sophomore and jr to be that you mentioned) Akoy would look hard at the Huskers. He is already blown away by the facilities. UCONN is his dream offer, he'll go there if offered.

    Thurman, if he develops like I think (kid has a size 17 shoe and is already 6'6 as a sophomore) will have more D1 offers than Akoy, and will be a bigger offensive threat. Kid had a great couple of games in the state tourney. I think, like you stated, Akoy will be a defensive force, but fans will be les than impressed with his offensive skills the first couple of years.

  3. #63
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    45,984
    You're the only person...reporter or recruit-nik or fan...that I've ever heard say he was big on Wichita. Not saying it's not true but a lot of stuff has to be taken with a grain of salt...even "coaches at Central". Honestly, unless grades are an issue, I'll eat my hat if he ends up at Wichita State.

    This summer will be big for him. He'll likely sign in November so programs that are on the fence right now will make up their minds based on his play in the AAU circuit. If he impresses expect more big offers. Offers from Clemson, Iowa, Marquette, Xavier, New Mexico to go along with Creighton and Wichita State.

  4. #64
    Red Shirt
    Fromunda Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,201
    I said this in another thread, but I have a pretty good couple of friends that coach at Central. Right now he is leaning Wichita as the Doc firing means new relationships have to be formed, though Miles was trying to recruit him at CSU. Creighton is basically out since he lives about 4 blocks from there. If Miles goes in and offers Thurman (the sophomore and jr to be that you mentioned) Akoy would look hard at the Huskers. He is already blown away by the facilities. UCONN is his dream offer, he'll go there if offered.
    This isn't what I'm hearing about Creighton.
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

  5. #65
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromunda Cheese View Post
    This isn't what I'm hearing about Creighton.
    As recently as the state final he said Creighton may be too close, as he lives within walking distance of their campus....from the horses mouth. Not the end all be all, but that's the thought right now. Who knows, staying that close may become important to him....

  6. #66
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,946
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    You're the only person...reporter or recruit-nik or fan...that I've ever heard say he was big on Wichita. Not saying it's not true but a lot of stuff has to be taken with a grain of salt...even "coaches at Central". Honestly, unless grades are an issue, I'll eat my hat if he ends up at Wichita State.

    This summer will be big for him. He'll likely sign in November so programs that are on the fence right now will make up their minds based on his play in the AAU circuit. If he impresses expect more big offers. Offers from Clemson, Iowa, Marquette, Xavier, New Mexico to go along with Creighton and Wichita State.
    Wichita moved in to first when Doc was fired.....but that is right now. I doubt he ends up there, it just was the top out of his 3 that he was looking hard at (nebraska, creighton, wichita). Marquette and UConn are big players though. I actually can't believe UConn hasn't offered yet. He's a rivals top 150 player.

  7. #67
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    45,984
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    Wichita moved in to first when Doc was fired.....but that is right now. I doubt he ends up there, it just was the top out of his 3 that he was looking hard at (nebraska, creighton, wichita). Marquette and UConn are big players though. I actually can't believe UConn hasn't offered yet. He's a rivals top 150 player.
    Rivals top 150 probably doesn't impress UCONN all that much. THey are one of those bball recruiting power-houses. I'm going to guess that they'll see how this summer goes first. If he's free with his "if UCONN offers I'm taking it" remarks then UCONN can afford to slow play him.

  8. #68
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,946
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Rivals top 150 probably doesn't impress UCONN all that much. THey are one of those bball recruiting power-houses. I'm going to guess that they'll see how this summer goes first. If he's free with his "if UCONN offers I'm taking it" remarks then UCONN can afford to slow play him.
    Good point, again, I just know UCONN is his dream school, I haven't actually heard him say that if they offer he is for sure going there. You are right though, they can slow play him if they don't get the PF they want initially. This would be a huge recruiting "get" for Miles though, and could start a great pipeline into not only Central, but the downtown Omaha area. They have some talent sitting down there at the moment.

  9. #69

  10. #70
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    11,187
    What is the shot clock for Neb hs? 35 or 40 or 45 seconds?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    What is the shot clock for Neb hs? 35 or 40 or 45 seconds?
    None of the above...there is no shot clock, however I would love to see one implemented.

  12. #72
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    11,187
    WOW...just WOW...you HAVE to have one...that is a disservice to Nebraska high school players...if they are going to play in college it would really be nice to be playing the same game

  13. #73
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,946
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    WOW...just WOW...you HAVE to have one...that is a disservice to Nebraska high school players...if they are going to play in college it would really be nice to be playing the same game
    It is also a disservice to good defense....

  14. #74
    Varsity

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    cibolo via valentine, ne
    Posts
    10,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    and how many DIV I prospects are there in a 500 mile radius of Lincoln? Not that many, IMO.
    plenty of talent, i would say 50+ D1 talent.

  15. #75
    Guest

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fremont
    Posts
    4,296
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    WOW...just WOW...you HAVE to have one...that is a disservice to Nebraska high school players...if they are going to play in college it would really be nice to be playing the same game

    The only info I could find said there were only 8 states that use a shot clock for high school. I ref'd high school for 10 years and they way they all ran up and down the court I don't know if a shot clock would have mattered too much. I do suppose that might be the next big thing though.







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •