Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Gas Prices

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/

Posting daily until I hear a story from the AP or other mainstream source that blames the Obama admin for the gas prices.

Husker Fan

domestic gas production is up, domestic consumption is down....the variables are not in the US's control. Sorry. Newty said he'd get it to 2.50...but didn't say how.

Husker Immortal
    we are shipping our refined gas overseas; that is driving up the price; the market

Society Crazy Indeed
    Could we make a separate blame Obama form?

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    That's what I'm trying to get started here.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    That's what I'm trying to get started here.
    that'd be a good idea. a separate forum for each president-be it good or bad.

All Big 10
    Get with the program it is Bush's fault...just like before.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    That dang Texas Oil Barron, I KNEW he was behind this!

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Husker Fan

nope.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post

Not enough band width.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    nope.
    So it is Obama's fault?
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

Husker Fan

So it is Obama's fault?
    nope.

Sorry, but the spike in gas prices are not Obama's fault, just like the spike in gas prices in 2008 were not Bush's fault. Sure, Obama could do more to permit domestic oil exploration and production, and his doing so might help us become more energy independent years down the road. Increased domestic production might even have an impact (long-term) on the global price of oil. But we are never going to be immune from spikes caused by Middle East instability and increasing global demand in the summer. Gas price spikes are the new normal, and there is nothing, really, that any president can do to prevent them from happening.

The good news is that one of the factors that caused the 2008 gas spike -- a massive flow of money out of the capital markets and into the commodities markets -- does not appear like it will be present this time around.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Sorry, but the spike in gas prices are not Obama's fault, just like the spike in gas prices in 2008 were not Bush's fault. Sure, Obama could do more to permit domestic oil exploration and production, and his doing so might help us become more energy independent years down the road. Increased domestic production might even have an impact (long-term) on the global price of oil. But we are never going to be immune from spikes caused by Middle East instability and increasing global demand in the summer. Gas price spikes are the new normal, and there is nothing, really, that any president can do to prevent them from happening.

The good news is that one of the factors that caused the 2008 gas spike -- a massive flow of money out of the capital markets and into the commodities markets -- does not appear like it will be present this time around.
    I don't disagree with your comments about current prices being Obama's fault. However, his dithering and playing politics with US energy policy IS preventing us from becoming more energy independent. And years could be as few as 8. Based on the below report we could eliminate our imports of oil from the middle east, IF, Obama would do what's right.

Page 118

The study has shown that reduction in U.S. petroleum product demand would not appreciably cut WCSB crude flows into the U.S. Rather, a low U.S. demand outlook would substantially reduce U.S. dependency on foreign (non-Canadian) crudes and products. A combination of increased Canadian crude imports and reduced U.S. product demand could essentially eliminate Middle East crude imports longer term. Low U.S. demand is also projected to reduce U.S. net product imports and potentially turn the USA into a net product exporter after 2020

FINAL REPORT
    http://www.keystonepipeline-xl.state...tDrftAccpt.pdf

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    HAHA. Still NOT the FINAL report. There will be another report forthcoming at some point.

Nice try though.