Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    I believe America's most watched news channel, read that as THE MOST mainstream of mainstream, Fox News continually "blames" Obama and his policies and his administration. So I guess you're done posting about it daily.
    I don't think Fox is blaming him for this. However, I can rephrase and say "agenda driven media sources such as ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, the NYT, Wash Po., LA Times, St. Petersburg Times, and NPR" if you need them defined.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    I don't think Fox is blaming him for this. However, I can rephrase and say "agenda driven media sources such as ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, the NYT, Wash Po., LA Times, St. Petersburg Times, and NPR" if you need them defined.
    Fox is very agenda driven. So again, we can expect you not to post daily about this right?

Fox is very agenda driven. So again, we can expect you not to post daily about this right?
    Can you provide an example of when Fox blamed gas prices on Obama?

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    Yes.

But I would first ask you what the definition of blame is that you are using. Must an actual employee of the news organization specifically blame Obama? Can it be someone who is a guest on a show on that network? Do op-ed pieces count? Etc.

Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    Yes.

But I would first ask you what the definition of "on" is that you are using. Must an actual employee of the news organization specifically use the word "on?" Can it be someone who is a guest "on" a show "on" that network? Do op-ed pieces count? Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Sonny once again proving that he is the biggest piece of ******** on Huskermax. Congrats on earning this title, sir.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+leaves+office

Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    Yes.

But I would first ask you what the definition of "on" is that you are using. Must an actual employee of the news organization specifically use the word "on?" Can it be someone who is a guest "on" a show "on" that network? Do op-ed pieces count? Etc.

I don't like using "LOL" but this post made me laugh audibly.
    nm57

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Yes.

But I would first ask you what the definition of blame is that you are using. Must an actual employee of the news organization specifically blame Obama? Can it be someone who is a guest on a show on that network? Do op-ed pieces count? Etc.
    Yep, those articles are definitely out there. I saw some myself. However, I also read an analysis that compared similar rises in gas prices under Bush and Obama. It found that there were 4 times as many stories about rising gas prices under Bush.

Basically, the media seemed to be much more concerned about rising gas prices under Bush than they are now. Why do you think that is?

link:
    http://www.mrc.org/bias-numbers/netw...ore-bush-obama
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scout Team
    http://www.gaspricewatch.com/

Posting daily until I hear a story from the AP or other mainstream source that blames the Obama admin for the gas prices.

Ten year chart:

gas_10year.jpg
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music!

Travel Squad

Does anyone in this thread understand how the gas prices get set?

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Yep, those articles are definitely out there. I saw some myself. However, I also read an analysis that compared similar rises in gas prices under Bush and Obama. It found that there were 4 times as many stories about rising gas prices under Bush.

Basically, the media seemed to be much more concerned about rising gas prices under Bush than they are now. Why do you think that is?

link:
    http://www.mrc.org/bias-numbers/netw...ore-bush-obama
    1. The economy was crashing
    2. We have become accustomed to higher gas prices/it's not a great shock that gas is going up it's done it EVERY year now for a while at this same exact time of the year
    3. It was at the end of Bush's term
    4. It was an election year
    5. If it climbs up above the $4 range and flirts with the $5 range you're going to see Obama get called out

I know this doesn't match with your "ITS A MEDIA CONSPIRACY I TELL YA!" type of theory, but there are plenty of practical reasons why.

Yes.

You have to love that sonuv, don't you?

To give you a straight answer, for me, if the topic/segment was gas prices adn who's to blame and a guest or host blamed obama without allowing a counter point it might be fair to say Fox blamed obama.

Filled up for $3.34 in mid-Missouri today. Glad I got 41+ mpg on my previous tank of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    Filled up for $3.34 in mid-Missouri today. Glad I got 41+ mpg on my previous tank of gas.
    What you ridin a moped?

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    I doubt that he wants that (not speaking for Cornfield), but those things are already regulated.

I think the overall point of the thread was that BRR would like to see the media be consistent in their treatment of presidents. President Obama has taken far less of a beating than his predecessor when it comes to high gas prices.
    And why do you think that is?

A. Gas is still just $3.52, not the high $4's we say before
    B. Bush was tight with Big Oil and people thought his administration was doing them favors.
    C. Iran is thinking of closing the Straight so there is speculation of supply problems.
    D. High gas prices is not something that is seen as political payoff from the Obama WH.
    E. All of the above

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Just to be clear, crystal, the president does have control over those areas in one form or another today.
    And you think this is a good thing?

First off, don't improperly chop my posts. Make sure the part you are quoting makes sense, or don't bother.

Second, the leftists were all about blaming Bush for high gas prices, claiming it was payola to his big oil buddies. What I want to hear now from leftists is that it is free markets setting the price and admit they were doing nothing but attempting to demonize Bush for political reasons. But libs can never be honest. That is not in their nature. It is their nature to deceive. And I can think of another word that starts with "demo" who's practice is first to deceive.
    First of all, how WOULD you like me to chop your posts?
    First off,chop my part -- makes sense, bother.
    Second, you figured it all out.

It is Obama's fault. He is making gas prices go up to benefit all his buddies in Big Oil. Let's be honest, Obama's cash base is basically the oil rich state of Texas and he is doing this just for political reasons.

Makes plenty of sense to me.

What you ridin a moped?
    Ha, sort of. Honda Civic. I have a 30 mile drive on a rural highway to and from work. There's few hills, turns, and traffic. So I drive 55-60mph the entire way.