Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 687

Thread: Gas Prices

  1. #1

    Gas Prices

    http://www.gaspricewatch.com/

    Posting daily until I hear a story from the AP or other mainstream source that blames the Obama admin for the gas prices.


  2. #2
    domestic gas production is up, domestic consumption is down....the variables are not in the US's control. Sorry. Newty said he'd get it to 2.50...but didn't say how.

  3. #3
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,415
    we are shipping our refined gas overseas; that is driving up the price; the market

  4. #4
    Society Crazy Indeed
    Pops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    45,596
    Could we make a separate blame Obama form?


    I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Could we make a separate blame Obama form?
    That's what I'm trying to get started here.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    That's what I'm trying to get started here.
    that'd be a good idea. a separate forum for each president-be it good or bad.

  7. #7
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    16,181
    Get with the program it is Bush's fault...just like before.
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

  8. #8
    Heathen
    CornfieldCounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,458
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Get with the program it is Bush's fault...just like before.
    That dang Texas Oil Barron, I KNEW he was behind this!

    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

    Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Get with the program it is Bush's fault...just like before.
    nope.

  10. #10
    Blackshirt
    Ogahusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    14,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Could we make a separate blame Obama form?

    Not enough band width.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

  11. #11
    Rebel Alliance
    FLA4NEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central FLA
    Posts
    16,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    nope.
    So it is Obama's fault?
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    So it is Obama's fault?
    nope.

  13. #13
    Sorry, but the spike in gas prices are not Obama's fault, just like the spike in gas prices in 2008 were not Bush's fault. Sure, Obama could do more to permit domestic oil exploration and production, and his doing so might help us become more energy independent years down the road. Increased domestic production might even have an impact (long-term) on the global price of oil. But we are never going to be immune from spikes caused by Middle East instability and increasing global demand in the summer. Gas price spikes are the new normal, and there is nothing, really, that any president can do to prevent them from happening.

    The good news is that one of the factors that caused the 2008 gas spike -- a massive flow of money out of the capital markets and into the commodities markets -- does not appear like it will be present this time around.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  14. #14
    Junior Varsity
    HuZkurZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Sorry, but the spike in gas prices are not Obama's fault, just like the spike in gas prices in 2008 were not Bush's fault. Sure, Obama could do more to permit domestic oil exploration and production, and his doing so might help us become more energy independent years down the road. Increased domestic production might even have an impact (long-term) on the global price of oil. But we are never going to be immune from spikes caused by Middle East instability and increasing global demand in the summer. Gas price spikes are the new normal, and there is nothing, really, that any president can do to prevent them from happening.

    The good news is that one of the factors that caused the 2008 gas spike -- a massive flow of money out of the capital markets and into the commodities markets -- does not appear like it will be present this time around.
    I don't disagree with your comments about current prices being Obama's fault. However, his dithering and playing politics with US energy policy IS preventing us from becoming more energy independent. And years could be as few as 8. Based on the below report we could eliminate our imports of oil from the middle east, IF, Obama would do what's right.

    Page 118

    The study has shown that reduction in U.S. petroleum product demand would not appreciably cut WCSB crude flows into the U.S. Rather, a low U.S. demand outlook would substantially reduce U.S. dependency on foreign (non-Canadian) crudes and products. A combination of increased Canadian crude imports and reduced U.S. product demand could essentially eliminate Middle East crude imports longer term. Low U.S. demand is also projected to reduce U.S. net product imports and potentially turn the USA into a net product exporter after 2020


    FINAL REPORT
    http://www.keystonepipeline-xl.state...tDrftAccpt.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    HAHA. Still NOT the FINAL report. There will be another report forthcoming at some point.

    Nice try though.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    domestic gas production is up, domestic consumption is down....the variables are not in the US's control. Sorry. Newty said he'd get it to 2.50...but didn't say how.
    Besides, with that model, prices should fall, not climb. Lower demand, lower prices.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    HAHA. Still NOT the FINAL report. There will be another report forthcoming at some point.

    Nice try though.
    :57:

    Then why is it titled "Final Report"?

  18. #18
    Junior Varsity
    HuZkurZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    HAHA. Still NOT the FINAL report. There will be another report forthcoming at some point.

    Nice try though.
    I know, Barry doesn't think it's the final report either. And, until it fits both of your's narrative it will never be final.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    blames the Obama admin for the gas prices.
    Interesting. You blame Obama but can't say why. Are you saying that you wan the WH to do more to influence the price of gas and interfere with free capital markets?

    Are calling for Bigger Government?

  20. #20
    Heathen
    CornfieldCounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    Interesting. You blame Obama but can't say why. Are you saying that you wan the WH to do more to influence the price of gas and interfere with free capital markets?

    Are calling for Bigger Government?
    Funny, and here I thought it had something to do with drilling, transporting, and refining oil.. all of which land on that desk in the Oval Office in one shape or another.

    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

    Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •