Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I just watched...

Well I just watched...

Well I just watched Tommy Armstrong's senior highlights video for the first time a few moments ago and if you would like to dream of the future I suggest you take a look at it...

There first few plays blew my mind, after a few minutes you get used to him throwing 60yrd td passes...

This guy has all of the tools to be very succesful at the college level and would be perfect, imo, for the offense Pelini and Beck say they want to build

pray for me ;)
    Its impressive. Hope he learns that playbook quickly and gets his opportunity.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

Red Shirt

If he isnt able to learn it quick enough maybe they can bring in Peyton Manning to teach T-Mart proper mechanics.

Red Shirt

Is it sac-religious or bad Karma to say Touchdown Tommy act 2?

Varsity

Makes you wonder why ut passed on this guy!! Hopefully Beck can roll him out , very impressive arm. Not sure if Beck has it in him????

Quote Originally Posted by hskrncibolo View Post
    Makes you wonder why ut passed on this guy!! Hopefully Beck can roll him out , very impressive arm. Not sure if Beck has it in him????
    Texas came into the picture late, but Tommy told them he wasn't interested. Incredible athlete for sure.

They made a late push at him....he declined....

Husker QB of the future....

If you want to see the kind of 'O' Beck envisions go look at KU when he was their.....

Quote Originally Posted by hskrncibolo View Post
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Fan

Looking forward to 2014! Hope he redshirts this year.

Husker Immortal
    He looks like the real deal. I would hate to see him have to wait til 2014 to see the field. I just hope he does his part to learn the playbook and then is given a chance to compete.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    He looks like the real deal. I would hate to see him have to wait til 2014 to see the field. I just hope he does his part to learn the playbook and then is given a chance to compete.
    Me too. If he is 2nd string, lets hope we get up 40 points so he can get some PT.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

Scout Team
    Tommy looks smooth, we kept hearing how the playbook got simpler and hopefully Tommy can get at least ready for some action. Any opinions on whether or not he red shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    Tommy looks smooth, we kept hearing how the playbook got simpler and hopefully Tommy can get at least ready for some action. Any opinions on whether or not he red shirts?
    I think it would be incredibly difficult for Armstrong to unseat the two year starter in Carnes hasn't been able to do it yet. With that said, my vote is red shirt. I don't believe he'll be here for spring, so he'd have to pick it all up DAMN quick.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    I think it would be incredibly difficult for Armstrong to unseat the two year starter in Carnes hasn't been able to do it yet. With that said, my vote is red shirt. I don't believe he'll be here for spring, so he'd have to pick it all up DAMN quick.
    Exactly right. He'd start the season as no better than 3rd string and would be best served redshirting. It's not like Bo would give him much of a chance (if even one play) in backup duty anyhow. Let's cross our fingers that Armstrong doesn't transfer after spending his first two seasons not getting a snap.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    Exactly right. He'd start the season as no better than 3rd string and would be best served redshirting. It's not like Bo would give him much of a chance (if even one play) in backup duty anyhow. Let's cross our fingers that Armstrong doesn't transfer after spending his first two seasons not getting a snap.
    I can understand a redshirt this fall, but to not get some quality snaps in 2013 would be stupid on Bo's part. If Armstrong is to start in 2014, he needs playing time and then, who knows what may happen.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I can understand a redshirt this fall, but to not get some quality snaps in 2013 would be stupid on Bo's part. If Armstrong is to start in 2014, he needs playing time and then, who knows what may happen.
    I don't disagree.